Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Mostly for PvP as I never leave HoTM…

Been playing for almost 3 years and have had experience playing mesmer on:

1. sylvari – male
2. human – female
3. norn – female
4. charr – male

Out of all 4, the best for me was human female followed by norn female. Worst was charr.

How does the class feel on asura?

What race do you play for pvp and does it have an impact on performance.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

Asura, always.
Eles, mesmer, necros, thieves all fit Asuras perfectly.

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

My choices are either female norn (my favorite), human male, or asura (gender doesn’t matter). Of course, in the end its just up to you. Some people love playing as charr mesmers.

p.s. I feel too many people play as female humans. So that automatically drops it out for me.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Well I guess being an asura is always a good strategy in PvP. I love my female norn, but in WvW, when trying to hide in towers, I feel like my size may not help :p

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

But which races’ elite skills work with mesmer the best? that’s what I’d want to know.

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

For PvP you should pick human, as there are normalized character models (at least for ranked? I don’t really do PvP) and this way you at least see your char the way other people do.

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Asura master race!

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Asura >>> all ….. for non melee classes

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Asura. This is the answer to every question actually. All other races are bookahs.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Asura – especially because projectiles aim for your model wich makes it easier to use (if you would) curtain as a reflection shield. It’s also better to hide and harder to target you for the enemy. You could even use dyes for camu

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Lorewise go human. Flavour go Sylvari (the psychicish race)

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Human nobility.

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Human female is the correct answer.

Charrs are heavy metal and should be played so.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Well LOREWISE, Id have to say:

1. Humans – Human Mesmers from a lore point of view value the arts, they are very charming and also value the latest trends in fashion. Most human Mesmers, (Male or Female ) are flamboyant in appearance. They carry themselves in a very classy manner and are also known to be apart of the Human political government, and noble population within Human society. Human Mesmers, patron Goddess is Lyssa, the goddess of water and duality.

2. Sylvari – Sylvari Mesmers, may appear very mysterious, charming as well, and elegant. Sharing certain personality traits with Human Mesmers to also add. However they do not have interest within fashion from a Human frame of mind. They of course value their leafy attire, as most Sylvari do, regardless of profession. Sylvari Mesmers share similarities with other Sylvari who practice other forms of magic, so not much else to add.

3. Norn- Norn Mesmers, from what I’ve seen and read, worship Raven. Raven seems to be a patron for Norn Mesmers. I believe Norn Mesmers, are rather cunning, and secretive. However, Norn Mesmers do not have a interest for the arts, fashion, or elegance as Human Mesmers would.

4. Asura- Asuran Mesmers, do not hold any differences or similarities from other Mesmers, they see mesmeric spellcraft as another Magical art to use. To put it simply, Asuran Mesmers personality is not affected really by being a Mesmer like other races.

5. Charr- No… Charr’s dislike and do not trust magic. Even though there are some Charr who practice Magic, it seems they’d hate Mesmer magic out of all. No to Charr. No no no!

At the end of the day, I’d have to say Humans make the perfect Mesmers. They truly embrace the Mesmeric spellcraft beyond its combat capabilities. They utilize the magic within their appearance, fashion, entertainment, politics, and personality. You can usually tell when someone May be a Mesmer in Human society, by the way they carry themselves in a confident, classy, charming manner.

Hope this helps.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

ok i’m SOLD. Asura it is.

thanks for the lore background info, interesting read. need to leave hotm more.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjiirangachild.2809

Benjiirangachild.2809

I’ve been using the Female Sylvari for my mesmer build.
I find that a lot of the character features match with the mesmers type of character.
Only problem is that some of the bulkier armours don’t look as good!!!

Best Race for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I went for Sylvari, personally. What other race can glow to match their illusions?
(Although, had I known how amusing Asura emotes were then … things mighta been quite different.)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior