Best Rune for Mesmer?

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I run rune of pack with sigil of speed in pvp and never concern with lack of speed. In PvP it isn’t hard to me to tag a group of enemies and gain swiftness when anyone of them died. 26s of swiftness is definitely enough for me to run around to attack the next foe or escape, which will most likely combined with the on-hit effect for 13s more swiftness.

However, according to wiki this on-hit effect does NOT share with allies before the patch. I might need to do some confirmation on that after the patch since 10s fury is quite a delicious boon to share around.

This combination is even better in PvE since normal mobs died easily and you don’t really need swiftness against boss. However in WvW you probably don’t want to waste your energy on npcs and sometimes players are too far for you to proc continuous swiftness. So generally I run traveler in roaming and use whatever runes I feel like in zerging (since no rune has major impact in zergs lol).

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Some simple yes and no without the attitude would be nice.

How would them using sigils be broken?

A recent bug provides a good example

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Nightmare

Nightmare runes have 50% chance to proc 2s fear. CD 90s. If each clone had his own rune set (as was the case with the bug), then every second time a clone is struck he’s going to cause a 2s fear. And every newly spawned clone comes with a fresh set of nightmare runes with no CD.

As for attitude, don’t mind Pryo, he’s just caustic. Some say he’s made out of tin, and doesn’t have a heart. But so long as he’s kept well oiled he’s a pretty smooth guy.

Some simple yes and no without the attitude would be nice.

How would them using sigils be broken?

Sigils have internal cooldowns to keep them more or less balanced. Imagine if you were able to proc a sigil like sigil of torment or air or fire multiple times rapidly. It would be incredibly overpowered, since the sigils are balanced around their cooldowns.

Illusions are separate entities. They don’t share the same ICDs as the mesmer, so if they were able to use the sigil procs, mesmers would be able to overload with on-crit and on-hit sigils.

I would imagine if they did take sigils/runes and everything was working as intended without bugs (lol) they would just share our ICD and then it wouldn’t be that out of line with Ranger traps, Warrior LB F1, or Guardian symbols activating sigils.

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

Q: I just made my Ascended PTV armor for my Mesmer and am debating between:

• Travelers
  • Divinity
  • Strength
  • Scholar

I plan to use the PTV armor for Tequatl, Wurm, and large WvW zergs.
Thoughts?

~~~
FWIW, I already have a Ascended Zerker set that has full Travelers on it
~~~

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Those are all very different settings and 1 rune set/armor set won’t really work for them all. Should also give us a build and stuff if you want help. Teq and Wurm require less optimization especially from a mesmer so I would base your choice on WvW.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/23jkda/psa_ranger_runes_grant_the_7_bonus_with_pretty/

Apparently ranger runes work with phantasms. Another set of next best thing when it comes to reflects. Scholars would of course be better if able to maintain the 90% health threshold.

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Zoe.8310

I’m leaning towards Divinity because of them making Ascended gear account-bound, and if I level up an Ele, it would be generic enough to help both classes.

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

would sigil of speed be viable in wvw? can a critter be counted as foe?

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d vote Traveler. Generic enough to work for either Ele or Mesmer, and plenty useful for a WvW Mesmer. After all, most folk use a Soldier’s set primarily for WvW business.
Although, if you don’t mind a more “focused” stat-boost with your movespeed, Superior Speed. Especially since Eles have garbage Health :P

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Best Rune for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Zoe.8310

I’d vote Traveler. Generic enough to work for either Ele or Mesmer, and plenty useful for a WvW Mesmer. After all, most folk use a Soldier’s set primarily for WvW business.
Although, if you don’t mind a more “focused” stat-boost with your movespeed, Superior Speed. Especially since Eles have garbage Health :P

Cool – I think I may go towards that. One of my guild leaders also suggested getting another set of Travelers to add to my new PTV set.