Best Rune for condition mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

Hey, I am currently getting my gear for lvl 80.

I am basicly using this build from MrPrometheus his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-B3mkM7dqM

The build is basicly:
Domination trait: V & I
Chaos trait: V, IV, & X
Illusions trait: i and VII.

Minor tweaks but basicly the same. I will get Carrrion exotic gear, then basic Exotic Ruby jewelry i think. The Staff has both the Sigil which increases 7% condition damage and the other one gives stacks of condition damage everytime i kill an enemy.

My question is what Runes to put on my set. Would Rune of strength be the best to get high basic damage for my phantasms and shattering. Or Are the better runes for condition based builds. As the feature pack says the rune sets are now for particular builds.

I would love to hear your feedback.

Kind regards,

Stastic.

(edited by Stasticeel.2745)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Kraitttt im the krait advocate on the forums

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

xD I see, the 20% increased time in bleeds would be nice it is also very cheap. Wonder if this would increase the ability to stack more bleeds.

But would Rune of the Undead give more damage since it would give convert toughness to condition damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Personally, i am looking at the Torment ones. Though i do run with the Torment on Shatter and the 50% chance to inflict Torment and the added duration is very nice. Though i do wish the trait was better – 3 stacks for a grandmaster trait is rather weak imo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Undead runes are a good all-around rune for conditions.

However, there are some other considerations. Carrion gear is a poor choice for mesmer. No matter what build, no matter how you run it, carrion gear is bad. The stats just don’t work with how the mesmer traits and abilities function.

Additionally, if you intend on using this in PvE, you’re going in the entirely wrong direction. Condition damage is bad in PvE, and condition damage builds on mesmers are absolutely abysmal in PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I personally don’t see the point in shattering with a condi build even if you do run zerk jewelry. That would also make illusionary defense not as useful. In the illusions line I’d prob run Adept III instead of I. Also give Balthazar a try with the burn procs on staff and would allow another burn every time you heal.

Säïnt

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

Well going in to illusions gove confusion on shatter then the new 30 gices torment, so every shatter will give torment and confusion just from one tree. Going in to phanta can give perma vigor which culd help too

in Mesmer

Mystogan.4157

xD I see, the 20% increased time in bleeds would be nice it is also very cheap. Wonder if this would increase the ability to stack more bleeds.

But would Rune of the Undead give more damage since it would give convert toughness to condition damage.

Yes undead is better for straight condi dmg but i use krait for bleeds and poison. Helpful agaisnt healers. Plus i run a condi bleed build soooo… And i usually get between 8-14 stacks of bleeds in a fight

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

IMO it depends a lot on what you’re trying to do.

I’m currently running a build with Superior Rune of the Traveler that runs a mix of Dire, Rabid, and Apothecary gear for WvW roaming. You get a little bit of everything from the runes, as well as solid Boon/Condition Duration and much-needed passive MS. Makes it that much easier to turn Sharper Images into a worthwhile trait, adds a little bit to healing, and just in general does a lot for builds that feel like sticking around for a while.

If you’re looking to bunker up in PvP Runes of the Undead are a good overall choice, as are all the choices that buff a specific condition’s duration by a lot without giving you unnecessary stat bonuses – Krait Runes are a good example of this, as are Torment ones.

Pyro also brings up two very good points – Carrion gear is never good on Mesmers, and condition builds on Mesmer are kitten poor in all types of PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

I really wouldn’t advise using a build from 2012…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

I remember watching those videos from MrPrometheus back when they first came out

Whatever happened to him? His vids were so informative.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

However, there are some other considerations. Carrion gear is a poor choice for mesmer. No matter what build, no matter how you run it, carrion gear is bad. The stats just don’t work with how the mesmer traits and abilities function.

Could you plz elaborate more?

I think in a Hybrid Build Carrion can be an option, is just a matter of mixing gear till u have the stats that u want.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d use Rampager before Carrion, in a hybrid spec. The reasons being:

• Mesmer cond builds gain more benefit from Precision, due to extra Sharper Images procs.
  • If you’re trying to stack extra Power (for Warlock damage, as an example), it’s then better to at least gain Precision while you do so.
  • With that in mind, at least Rampager’ll grant the main “desired” stats, while handing over a bit of extra Pow.

Of course, my own “Hybrid” specs are generally:

• Rabid Armor, Celestial trinkets
  • Knight/Soldier Armor, Rabid trinkets

Rampager weapons, with either option.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

As for the thread’s original purpose:

• Balthazar’s one I’m going to build a spare suit for, eventually. Figure I’ll run heavy on C. Duration, so as to max out on the Burn effects.
  • My current set was rescaled from Perplexity to Traveler. No one expects a Mesmer condi build to run their behind down, now do they?
  • I rather wish there was a C. Dmg set with the +25% movespeed as 6/6. As is, you’re either running (for a “fast” Condi-mesmer):
    1. Traveler for some C. Dmg, and other stats
    2. or Speed (no C. Dmg, but a goodly amount of spare Vitality)
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]

in Mesmer

Jambas.6204

I’d use Rampager before Carrion, in a hybrid spec. The reasons being:

• Mesmer cond builds gain more benefit from Precision, due to extra Sharper Images procs.
  • If you’re trying to stack extra Power (for Warlock damage, as an example), it’s then better to at least gain Precision while you do so.
  • With that in mind, at least Rampager’ll grant the main “desired” stats, while handing over a bit of extra Pow.

Of course, my own “Hybrid” specs are generally:

• Rabid Armor, Celestial trinkets
  • Knight/Soldier Armor, Rabid trinkets

Rampager weapons, with either option.

I don’t disagree but I just think is a question of mixing and Carrion can be useful.

On my Hybrid build :

I have Berserker + Cavalier trinkets
gear is Carrion and Rampage and Weapons are Rampage.

If you reach for example 50% critical chance you don’t need rampage anymore so I think Carrion will be more beneficial.

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

That, at least in my case, is handled by either the Celestial trinkets or Soldier armor. That hands me both some spare Power and Vitality to work with. As for crit chance, I usually end up at 45-50%.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Could you plz elaborate more?

I think in a Hybrid Build Carrion can be an option, is just a matter of mixing gear till u have the stats that u want.

The first and biggest problem is that carrion gear has no precision. Crits are really the lifeblood of most mesmer condition builds, and carrion provides no access to them. Additionally, if you’re going for a hybrid build, crits will be very important on the power side as well, more so than power itself often times, since crit is your access to on-crit sigils, vigor, etc.

Next, carrion gear has vitality instead of toughness. You again got this pretty right. A lot of mesmer stuff scales well with toughness. We’ve got a lot of things that scale with toughness. Illusions scale with toughness of course, and not with vitality. Chaotic transference is 10% toughness to condition damage. Undead runes are another 7% of toughness. Even tuning crystals (and other associated utility foods) scale stronger with toughness than they do with vitality. On top of that, mesmer already has pretty good base health, so stacking that vitality is less of an issue.

If you’re doing a hybrid, you’ll want to do a mix of rabid gear and berserker gear. What this allows you to do is have survivability from the toughness (this would be severely lacking in rampagers gear). It also allows you to boost your crit chance quite high, and that allows you in turn to make effective use of the critical damage you get from the berserker gear and any food/traits. Carrion gear would boost your power more…but you’d lose out on a ton of crit chance, and that severely impinges on your strength of both power damage and condition damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nighthawk.7946

Nighthawk.7946

Don’t use carrion bro. Go 50/50 between Rabid and Dire for wvw roaming. You can laugh at all power thieves

in Mesmer

Jambas.6204

Ty for the explanations.

I agree that Critical chance is better to trigger vigor,sharper images too but if you have fury on phantasms probably it doesn’t matter on this case.

Looking at the common PU build the stats would be:

With Carrion :

power 2113
Thoughness 1468
Vitality 1056
Precision 1738
Armor 2388
HP 16482
Critical Chance 43%
Ferocity 593
Condition Damage 688
Critical Damage 190%

Non Carrion :

power 2008
Thoughness 1484
Vitality 952
Precision 1876
Armor 2404
HP 15442
Critical Chance 50%
Ferocity 728
Condition Damage 606
Critical Damage 199%

Carrion Plus :

+ 105 power
+ 1040 HP
+ 82 condition damage

Carrion Minus :

- 16 Armor
- 7%
- 9% Critical Damage

Do you think that 7% critical chance , 9% critical damage and 16 toughness is better then 105 power 1040 HP and 82 condition damage? (For all fights but specially for outnumbered fights)

I would say that with Non Carrion I’m more Bursty and with Carrion more sustain/durable.

The Builds links:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAsa7flknpMtFpxRNcrNiqxY6aepFSGwClsjtB-T1RDwAn0PkQJ4TlfvUpwm6K53fAgJoAAIAMzZOzZOzkCYRlRA-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAsa7flknpMtFpxRNcrNiqxY6aepFSGwClsjtB-TFCEwAMVuIVJ1LVKsv/gM1VQoEEgJIQ6HCAgAwMn5Mn5MTKgFVGB-w

(edited by Jambas.6204)