Best WvW supporting skills/Traits Zergstyle

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dundir.2853

Dundir.2853

Like the title says, wondering on a good WvW support skill setup. I see the need for portal and Time warp. What other good traits as well as a good skill set up would you consider needed for fully supporting the zerg.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sophora.1436

Sophora.1436

Feedback, Null Field, Portal, and Time Warp. Trait for longer duration and -20% CD on Glamour skills and you should be golden.

Perceptor – Engineer
Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drederik.5679

Drederik.5679

that about sums it up, dont forget staff5 and have a ele combo finish it to apply chaos armor to everyone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

For weapons you defiantly want staff and focus. Staff gives out boons with both Chaos Storm and Winds of Chaos, while focus can give swiftness, pull foes away from allies, and stop projectiles. These two weapons are the bread and butter of Mesmer support.

For utilities you basically just want to be using Glamour skills. Illusion of Life and Signet of Inspiration aren’t really suited for WvW. For your elite skill you only really have Time Warp, as Mass Invisibility is useless in a zerg, now that it only affects five allies. It can still be great when running with a small group, though.

The Mesmer is really not that strong when it comes to support trough traits. You have things like “heal allies when you cast a mantra” and improved duration to Glamour skills, but that’s pretty much it.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NineOnine.4327

NineOnine.4327

The best thing i ever did for my mes for wvw and pve was put rune of the centaur on. I couldn’t play without it. It free’s up your secondary since your not forced to go focus for swiftness and when used with mirror heal is an awesome escape tool.

Do not however trait any points into inspiration if your on staff as someone else suggested. Its the most useless trait line we have since our base health is great and the healing power is worthless since we can’t heal other people (without mantra heal trait which is crap). Go chaos instead since its far easier to spread boons on allies rather than heal them. Also you get staff cd trait for more chaos storm armor etc….

(edited by NineOnine.4327)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

that about sums it up, dont forget staff5 and have a ele combo finish it to apply chaos armor to everyone

Just a FYI here. Feedback, Null Field, Time Warp all count as ethereal fields too so not only does Chaos Storm(staff5) give you a chance for AoE chaos armor w/blast finisher so do the other fields if you’re in/near them. Also great for aoe confusion with a Whirling Finisher(warden/zerker will do a whirl finisher for you)

Note: If you carry around a torch you can swap it out for a offhand and complete blast finishers yourself to give aoe chaos armor with torch4 (the prestige)

The best thing i ever did for my mes for wvw and pve was put rune of the centaur on.I couldn’t play without it. It free’s up your secondary since your not forced to go focus for swiftness and when used with mirror heal is an awesome escape tool.

I agree 100%. For WvW you can acheive 100% Swiftness uptime with rune of the centaur + mirror & temporal curtain. Makes all the difference in the world when moving between locations in WvW. When you cast mirror or any heal that swiftness you gain is AoE so you’re keeping other people moving with the zerg too. (I’m a condition build and use it despite the power bonuses it does give +15% bleed duration though)

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NineOnine.4327

NineOnine.4327

I agree 100%. For WvW you can acheive 100% Swiftness uptime with rune of the centaur + mirror & temporal curtain. Makes all the difference in the world when moving between locations in WvW. When you cast mirror or any heal that swiftness you gain is AoE so you’re keeping other people moving with the zerg too. (I’m a condition build and use it despite the power bonuses it does give +15% bleed duration though)

Yep but the power is great for shatters which us condi mes should be spamming to so for me every stat it gives is perfect synergy. On that note if your swiftness hits your illusions they run in faster to shatter…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

On that note if your swiftness hits your illusions they run in faster to shatter…..

Yes, it’s a very nice perk.