Best build for FOTM/AC Exp for Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeductressEclipse.8294

SeductressEclipse.8294

Q:

I’m a newly 80 and I’m so excited! Finally can be in tons of FOTM and AC Exp runs my guild host daily! When I set foot inside AC exp mode———died….died——-more deaths! The conditions were eating me up in my full shatter DPS build! Especially, the lack of movement with torch made me lack behind my entire party. I was dying more than a lvl 37 guildies in our party, so embarrassed. I guess I could expect no less from a full glass cannon build but I was hardly doing any damage to the bosses as my damage ranged from 300-400 per shatter burst T^T My equipment is 20/20/0/0/30 full Beserker gear from armor to accessories, with major rune of centaur. Keep in mind, this is my PvE gear, how I grind to lvl 80 primary through events and hearts. Now I want to be a dungeon master. I really don’t care about sPvP and WvW atm.

Please, to all the Mesmer elite players, share your wisdom on how to do dungeon farming effectively with high survival-ability and “possible” medium to high DPS?

Thank you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Merle.5693

Merle.5693

I can’t provide you THE BEST build since there is a build for everyone in PvE, but maybe give you some advise. 20/20/0/0/30 + berserkers is basically fine for FOTM and AC. I guess you remove boons with the 20 in Domination, thats really helpful.

Currently Shattered Strength is really powerful, you might want to share that with your group by using Signet of Inspiration. Use Two Shatters and use the Signet, depending on the group setup, everyone should have 25stacks of might now.

Mantra of Resolve helps with conditions eating you up :p

With that in mind, rerun AC as most death in exp modes come from not knowing whats coming up.

Oh and for FOTM you want feedback really often.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeductressEclipse.8294

SeductressEclipse.8294

I dont see how pure DPS shatter build can survive in dungeons like that even with a condition removal. When I “do” get aggro from the boss, i die instantly and my party members are busy running around from adds/dealing with the boss to resurrect me lol. Gosh, it gets so annoying…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaboom.8632

Kaboom.8632

I dont see how pure DPS shatter build can survive in dungeons like that even with a condition removal. When I “do” get aggro from the boss, i die instantly and my party members are busy running around from adds/dealing with the boss to resurrect me lol. Gosh, it gets so annoying…

I use 20/20/0/0/30 for anything and do just fine. I hardly ever die in dungeons / fotm (still fine on level 26). Using a few pieces with Power / Vita / Tough along with my Berserker’s gear though, as well as 2 Sigils of Energy (Sword/Pistol + Staff) that really help on survivability.

Pretty sure I could survive as full Berserker’s as well. Cannot afford to get the gear and try out it sadly kitten you Legendary, eating all my gold).

(edited by Kaboom.8632)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.1387

Advent.1387

I’m a newly 80 and I’m so excited! Finally can be in tons of FOTM and AC Exp runs my guild host daily! When I set foot inside AC exp mode———died….died——-more deaths! The conditions were eating me up in my full shatter DPS build! Especially, the lack of movement with torch made me lack behind my entire party. I was dying more than a lvl 37 guildies in our party, so embarrassed. I guess I could expect no less from a full glass cannon build but I was hardly doing any damage to the bosses as my damage ranged from 300-400 per shatter burst T^T My equipment is 20/20/0/0/30 full Beserker gear from armor to accessories, with major rune of centaur. Keep in mind, this is my PvE gear, how I grind to lvl 80 primary through events and hearts. Now I want to be a dungeon master. I really don’t care about sPvP and WvW atm.

Please, to all the Mesmer elite players, share your wisdom on how to do dungeon farming effectively with high survival-ability and “possible” medium to high DPS?

Thank you.

well glass builds kinda get eaten up in dungeons unless ur uber careful and on you toes with ur dodges, what weapon sets are you running?

—Sea Of Sorrows 4 Life—
Level 80 Sylvari Mesmer – Castiel Kyros (Main)
Level 80 Sylvari Ranger – Castiel Gaanmyr (Alt)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

If yer not in a rush to slap the beatdown on mobs, there’s always a Carrion or Rabid/6 Superior Runes of the Undead combo. Gives a person some dirty condition damage buffing. With yer trait-spread, it’d help whittle folk down more.

Past that, an arguably better dungeon spread would be 0/20/20/0/30, or 0/0/25/15/30.
The point with the first is to shatter fast/dump some condi/resummon clones fast.
The second is more of a condi/phant build, where one plops down some phants, enjoys the regen (while making sure to keep out of aoe strikes), and lets them + condi dmg drop suckers.

Also, with 30 Illusions, take Illusionary Persona. With that, shatters 3/4 can be used to help tank a large hit, even without clones/phants up.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

full berserker glass cannon is fine in exp dungeons and fotm, you just have to know the mechanics of the bosses and trash inside and out.

and be quick to dodge/distortion/blurred frenzy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Glass cannon ftw! More power to ya~ but seriously no worries just keep playing you’ll learn the fights and how to avoid things to stay alive.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yosuke.1574

Yosuke.1574

Glass cannon build is fine in exp dungeons. You just have to know when to dodge as for the conditions that is eating you up.. u can try using null field and mantra of resolve, they help to remove condition

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Like everyone else, glass cannon is fine. Actually have toughness or vitality is not going to save you either way.

What will save you is:

A) Decoy, to shed the agro from the boss/adds. Also to break the stuns from the Ascalonian Stalker who pounces and kills. It never leaves my bar.

B) Null Field. AC is ripe with conditions. From the spider’s poison to flame to whatever you can watch your HP dwindle.

C) Blink. If you’re in a bad position, like the AC’s last boss and his frontal cone, then Blink to safety. Did Kholer grab you? You have half a second to Blink.

D) Most important of all is situational awareness. Is that Graveling Stalker glowing? Ignore who it may be facing, when you see one glowing dodge the moment it pounces. Is Kholer glowing? Time it and dodge as soon as he moves to avoid his Scorpion move.

Situational awareness is what will keep you alive. Not another 400 points in toughness or vitality. This you will only get after playing a few times and get used to the moves each boss is going to do. Knowing that you can move your utilities about. Are you fighting the spider? Slot Null Field. Are you fighting Kholer? Put in Blink, it might save you. Are you getting the scepter pieces? Slot your invisibility, get the scepter, go stealth and run until you reset agro. Etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

agree to disagree.

glass cannon is definitely fine in dungeons, but it can make learning them frustrating experience.

having toughness/vitality set is good for learning the dungeons. buys you more time to blink/decoy if you are not used to them yet. also helps with those trap you dont know about (well only those that dont instagib you).
it doesn’t make you immortal if you are standing still, but you sure can take some beating with it

you would definetly be more useful with less dps and alive then with a lot dps and dead. and while you are alive you can actually learn something, while being dead and runing back not so much.

if you wanna increase survivability without losing much damage, consider precision/toughness builds and knight gear. also condition removal on heal in vit trait helps a lot in dungeons like ac. tho you can replace that effect with food, if you don’t wanna trait vit line for regens and shield boons.

and like people mentioned above, stunbreakers are a must in dungeons.

kill all ze thingz

in Mesmer

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

I run a glass cannon set up, all berserkers except 4 armor parts which are Pow/Prec/Tough. Never have any issues in AC or FotM.
I have a trait that removes Conditions when you heal and other than that I just use the condition remove mantra during the spider queen boss and the defend the cannons bit, never really need condition removal any other place in the dungeon.
I’d say you probably just need to be more reactive against attacks, I find myself constantly dodging and moving about and survive perfectly fine, usually longer than heavy armor classes.
In dungeons I tend to run with GS/Staff though to keep me at a distance from everything, staff is great for defensive measures, using Choas storm and shield on yourself so you can pass those boons along with whatever Might you can stack to your party.

Utility wise I mostly use signet of Inspiration along with Mirror images and I tend to swap out the 3rd depending on the situation. Usually between Reflect/blink/mantra of resolve/veil or decoy.

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

If you got troubles surviving then I recommend a 1 handed sword in main hand as one of the sets. If Kholer or any ranged mobs get you use feedback bubble or summon a clone in between you and your mob. Kholer for example will always pull your clone if you have it in the middle between you 2.
Focus together with the 1 handed sword is really nice also, you can slow incoming mobs down and pull/interrupt there attacks.

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

I run a full Berserker glass cannon build, 30/30/0/0/10, wielding GS and S/P, and with mantras as heal and utilities. Generally the only times I go down in Fractal or explorable runs are when we’ve got a full party wipe going on, if I’m hammered with Agony or, crucially, if I’m not paying attention.

I know mantras are unpopular, but they give you a great spread of what I consider ‘bread and butter’ abilities. I usually run with Resolve (condition removal), Pain (burst damage) and Distraction (daze) for the interrupt, which can often save your bacon. For some bosses, especially Kholer, I’ll swap out Pain for Concentration (stability) and you can interrupt his pull with a daze or ignore it with stability.

Also key is the Duelling minor trait Critical Infusion – so long as I’m attacking I’ve got pretty much permanent Vigor, which means I can dodge all the time.

As I said it’s pretty dependent on paying keen attention to what’s happening, and sometimes I get screwed by not noticing a boss charging his attack. But the mantras and the vigor are really excellent survival tools.

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

in Mesmer

Posted by: Czhang.1346

Czhang.1346

Thank you.

I am running AC exp now too for weapons, my gearis power+Tou+vat (AC Armor Set ) trinket mixed with conditional damage(green) , use main staff, scepter focus,
0/0/25/25/20, pretty defensive, skills null field, feed back( Decoy) and signet of inspirition, very hard to die in AC or CM EXP, have not done other dungeons yet.
If you can stand up during fight, means more dps too.
I use staff and sword_pistol for group PVP, “different skill set”, but same trait 0/0/25/25/20 . I found out I am pretty hard to kill even encounter with 3 opponents players(never died in pvp group fight), and rank 1 after whole pvp fight in map in my team, pretty fun, tanky!

(edited by Czhang.1346)