Best for confusion

Best for confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anuxdei.2175

Anuxdei.2175

Guys generally people playing condi builds with rabid ( toughnes pre condi) but what makes precision important if there is no power , toughness vita condi looks better , what did i miss ? Need little bit info about this

Best for confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Sharper images. Up to 8 bleeds from iDuelist, 4 from iZerker, 12 from iWarden.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Best for confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anuxdei.2175

Anuxdei.2175

but builds contain staff / scepter + torch

Best for confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

i think you could just play thoose build with dire (toughness vitality conditiondmg) but if thoose builds are viable is another question and even if i’d like to answer that one i don’t know. i never played condition without precision^^

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Best for confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgQQNArfWlwzipXUTsGb9IhpHBH5A/kCmLdSKK9rB-j0yAIOBRaBI1Bg8AlBFEzjKrlxioxqXwUoAq1FV7VKiWtQALWDA-w

Non Perc Condition Builds are more than viable they are amazing. I do hella awesome with the build I posted. So do several others that play the original version of the build(I tweeked the gear to my liking is all the original is in the Build List Sticky)

Overall, both styles are viable just a matter of which play style you enjoy the most. I have done both and yes a Sharper Images (prec heavy) build kills faster but the build I have here had proven to be more effective when against multiple opponents.

(edited by Hexxen.7216)

Best for confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

When I first started playing around with condition builds, I didn’t think Sharper Images was worthwhile. I played it for a few hundred hours, so you could say I was accustomed to certain “kill rate”- how fast targets would drop from condition spam.

When I started getting bored with it, I switched to precision-based conditions. Using Deceptive Evasion to help get staff clones up faster was cool and all, but the big player is Sharper Images. Immediately, I noticed my kill rate was sped up drastically. Those extra bleeds offer sustained damage that more or less doubles your dps output.

The thing is though, Sharper Images is an on-crit effect. It doesn’t matter if the illusion does 1 damage or 10,000 damage on the crit, there will be exactly one bleed per damage packet that crits. Since power (and crit damage, while we’re at it) doesn’t help your crit rate, it makes no sense to build power in a condition build. Precision, on the other hand, DOES affect your crit rate, which will help proc Sharper Images more.

Long story short- traditionally you only want to build condition damage and vit/tough/healing in a condition build. But if you have the Sharper Images trait, precision translates into more bleeds, which makes up the bulk of your sustained dps.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!