Best stats for a mesmer in PVE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: FullMetalToast.4918

FullMetalToast.4918

Hi!
I just leveled a mesmer to lvl 80 and I was wondering about the gear stats.
I already bought exotic gear and I have Berserker’s weapons and rings, the other things are all Assassin’s. Is this good?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

The Zerk vs. Sin debate is a contentious issue. Basicially – I believe – Zerk is better if you’re alone and not counting on optimal boosts like 25 Might, banners, etc. and Sin is better in a group invironment where you can rely on having those bonuses. But really, it’s only a slight difference, and either one is fine, although I’ve never gone wrong with all Zerk myself. It’s just simpler, too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starmiz.3298

Starmiz.3298

Assassin’s stats were prefered due to how the reflect mechanics works. Basically when you reflect something it uses the attacker’s base stats but your crit chance and ferocity. And since PVE mesmer build often had lots of reflect abilities it was an overall dps gain. I am not sure for HoT though as builds have changed alot and I don’t see that many mobs where you can reflect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea due to the amount of things you can actually reflect and not, I prefer sticking to mostly zerk with some assassin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

So the difference between zerk and assassin’s is really minimal even when considering reflects. You do get better reflects with assassin’s, but it’s not hugely impactful unless you’re really trying to min-max. Since raids (so far) don’t have reflectables, the balance actually tends a bit more towards berserker.

Ultimately though, the difference between zerker and assassin is small enough that my recommendation is for you to get whichever is cheaper/more available between the two.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

The Zerk vs. Sin debate is a contentious issue. Basicially – I believe – Zerk is better if you’re alone and not counting on optimal boosts like 25 Might, banners, etc. and Sin is better in a group invironment where you can rely on having those bonuses. But really, it’s only a slight difference, and either one is fine, although I’ve never gone wrong with all Zerk myself. It’s just simpler, too.

Do you use mostly zerk in HoT? Just wondering since I’ve read zerk is mainly to be avoided in HoT (although I run full zerk on my ranger and do just fine).

Also, is a power build better for mesmer solo in HoT than a condi-build? I’ve run mostly condi-build with staff with good success, but maybe power is better?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zanarkand.2987

Zanarkand.2987

hi guys…i have a similar problem..
I want to craft ascended equip (armor and weapons). now i’m full berserker (all exotic with trinkets and accessory ascended)…

I don’t know if it’s better crafting an assassin armor and berserker weapons or both berserker.
I use dps traits (domination, dueling, chronomancer)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Do you use mostly zerk in HoT? Just wondering since I’ve read zerk is mainly to be avoided in HoT (although I run full zerk on my ranger and do just fine).

Also, is a power build better for mesmer solo in HoT than a condi-build? I’ve run mostly condi-build with staff with good success, but maybe power is better?

In full Zerk I have 100%ed all maps, soloed the story all the way through, and done all metaevents in HoT, no problem. I can’t speak to other professions, but with the borderline unfair amount of active damage avoidance we Mesmers have at our disposal now, survivability should not be a major problem as long as you pay attention and play skillfully.

Superheated Saurians are still BS though.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)