Blinks discription is misleading

in Mesmer

Posted by: lyfe.5683

lyfe.5683

The description states : Teleport to a target location.

You cannot teleport to a location where the ground elevation is higher than you.

You cannot teleport across a gap between two elevated points, even if the target location is of the same elevation as your current position.

You can however teleport to a lower elevation, stretching my imagination I can think of a few useful possibilities for this.

Is there somehow a way to add in the description something to the effect of “Skill is only to be utilized to traverse around flat ground only” in order to prevent people like me from spending skill points on this ability under the wrong impression?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

From what I’ve seen when the skill bugs out and doesn’t make your character vanish, it appears that blink functions by making your char invisible and having your char run really fast to the destination. That’s what it seems like anyway.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

From what I’ve seen when the skill bugs out and doesn’t make your character vanish, it appears that blink functions by making your char invisible and having your char run really fast to the destination. That’s what it seems like anyway.

Think that’s how they made blink, char is always there, and you can see it actually, like blurry when trying to blink up a ledge, you can see the motion blur.

Also blink work down ledges and not up ledges, sometimes up small raises in terrain but that’s all.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Good point about the ledges. That is probably how it functions. Wonder why we can’t get a real teleport? Probably to make clipping issues easy to manage.

The skill is nice, but some damage with it would be great. Elem/Thief/Guard all get damage with their teles iirc.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Usually you can blink to destinations that you could run to within 10 sec.

There are certain spots that you can blink up though like above the arch on the stairs on vista island in any of the borderlands.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

You can use blink to intercept enemies that are out of range, and also chase them if they are up on a ledge, not to elevated, but I give a screen on that you can blink up ledges.

First before blink, second after blink, if you don’t trust me you can try it yourself.

Attachments:

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: GetheartMcLiar.7658

GetheartMcLiar.7658

My main is a thief, and infiltrators arrow works the same way. You can only ‘blink’ to a spot you could reach without jumping. Most areas you can’t go up in elevation, though there are some exceptions. I think it’s to avoid jump puzzle abuse.

in Mesmer

lyfe.5683

UnknownFreak, I’m not sure if I believe the screenshots. Blink wont even get me up onto a rock half my size a few feet in front of me, it just places me at the base of the rock.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

dunno why it doesn’t work, I can try, but I need location then.
Also think the place you want to blink to, need to be more flat

EDIT, try the pvp practice place, where I’am at.
- also think it can have to do with navmesh aswell

How to crashreport…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Blink works if you can WALK to the point. If the path requires you to JUMP to get there, you cannot blink there. Example, in kyhlo, you can blink up the ramps and the roof from below

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Blink works up ledges, up most ledges in Kyhlo, up to clock tower. You can even blink through solids in a few spots.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

lyfe.5683

Blink works if you can WALK to the point. If the path requires you to JUMP to get there, you cannot blink there

Fantastic response FLIMP, I have come to learn that this is absolutely true. I would like to recount my previous suggestion and instead pose that we change the tooltip to say something to the effect of “Blink out of sight and quickly re-appear at another location if a path is available”

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

oh i feel loved <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

Good point about the ledges. That is probably how it functions. Wonder why we can’t get a real teleport? Probably to make clipping issues easy to manage.

The skill is nice, but some damage with it would be great. Elem/Thief/Guard all get damage with their teles iirc.

blink and leave a clone where you started… much better than dmg
much more mesmer like too

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

blink and leave a clone where you started… much better than dmg
much more mesmer like too

Also thought about that, sounds like a nice addon to the blink. But I bet there will be a lot of whining if it happens.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

The description states : Teleport to a target location.

You cannot teleport to a location where the ground elevation is higher than you.

You cannot teleport across a gap between two elevated points, even if the target location is of the same elevation as your current position.

You can however teleport to a lower elevation, stretching my imagination I can think of a few useful possibilities for this.

Is there somehow a way to add in the description something to the effect of “Skill is only to be utilized to traverse around flat ground only” in order to prevent people like me from spending skill points on this ability under the wrong impression?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Lol it used to put you wherever you were targeting in the beta, AND IT WAS AMAZING! So much of my love was in blink, then the nerf QQ.

I guess they found it OP to blink up things, there are still places in SPvP maps where you can exploit a blink to higher ground that need fixing. Though It’s also another skill that could be fixed to solve mesmer mobility vs other classes and could be rebalanced.

In jumping puzzles makes ppl QQ a little considering the C/D vs thief or how a warriors leap will actually put you across a gap, but it’s k! portal is a safety net~

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Yep, Blink takes u, where u can walk to. It still sometimes is bugged, but I guess that is the basic mechanism. If you could blink just anywhere in range, it would mean u could blink ur way through jumping puzzles or into Towers, Keeps and that one big big castle in WvW.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!