BotM for October and Beyond

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

I get this vibe from the community that they are a bit sad and bitter because Build of the Month contest won’t be held in october. It’s not too late to change that people. I know you guys have awesome builds. I saw them. They are mucho amazing. A lot of good builds out there I feel that deserve to be in contests. I think alot of the people who didn’t vote or participate were sort of afraid of the criticisms they might recieve, or the fact that they will be out in the first round, or maybe you guys were not interested in the prizes that followed the winner. I think that if people vote on this thread to upheld the October one, it will be an even grander outcome than this one. This month’s contest we learned a lot from. Now we can improve on it. If we band together as Mesmer players, we can make an event that even Anet would approve of. So, whadya say guys?

PS> you don’t have to even comment on this thread if you reject this idea. I just felt that the October one will be a better success than the September one was. Plus I hear some people say that they wanted to do the October one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Please give up on Mesmer like you did on Necro and move on.

in Mesmer

Lol. Calm down plz. No trolls like you allowed here. This thread is for people who still have feelings for BotM contest. Not people like you who are here to tick off the OP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This thread is for people who still have feelings for BotM contest.

So is BotM contest sorta like an ex that left you but you keep following around?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

What’s the point of this, Hexxen? I know you dislike him from previous threads, but lately he’s been nothing but positive and, unlike most, is actually excited about the mesmer profession. Isn’t that what we want on our forum?

Give him a chance, you don’t have to engage with him at all – but you also don’t have to undermine him.

in Mesmer

naww, but I know you have some good builds Pyros. I know you are working on some viable Zerg bunker builds right now. Well, at least that’s what I thought I heard from our last meeting with sckamow. The Mesmer forum would fricking love you and your builds if they were posted in the contest.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gozzo.7380

Gozzo.7380

Somehow i have the feeling that you are speaking rather for yourself than on behalf of the community menace. but anyway…

October the 15th a new balance patch will be hitting, so maybe we should relax for a while and see what the patch will bring. maybe the changes will have the potential for some people to come up with new builds.

in Mesmer

To my surprise too, I am not doing this for me. I saw some posts on the Official OMFG BotM contest thread that people were a bit sad to let the October one go. I want to make this thing an actual monthly basis thing. We are like the only class to do this and we should be happy that we can do it. As for the October 15th patch talk, I know what you are saying. I just wanted the people to not lose hope/interest in the BotM contest for months, maybe years to come.

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

What’s the point of this, Hexxen? I know you dislike him from previous threads, but lately he’s been nothing but positive and, unlike most, is actually excited about the mesmer profession. Isn’t that what we want on our forum?

Give him a chance, you don’t have to engage with him at all – but you also don’t have to undermine him.

He has been given plenty of chances.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Yah, like I said, you don’t have to comment on this thread if you have no intention/desire to continue the BotM contest. Just for people who are starting to warm up their build making skills to have some good ol fun in this contest.

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Honestly it’s getting really ridiculous. I swear he just makes threads just to see his posts on the front page (hence why all of the strange bumping he does) because these really don’t offer any constructive feedback. The better thing to do other than make this post was to reply in the September post discussing this.

On a side note, is there an ignore feature on these forums?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Honestly it’s getting really ridiculous. I swear he just makes threads just to see his posts on the front page (hence why all of the strange bumping he does) because these really don’t offer any constructive feedback. The better thing to do other than make this post was to reply in the September post discussing this.

On a side note, is there an ignore feature on these forums?

He does. He think everyone is waiting on the edge of their seats for his “updates” to his “ultimate” builds that he creates. (Yes using the word Apex as a title you have yet again used a synonym of ultimate/best/max and thus mistook how good your actual build was). I assume he doesn’t get much attention in real life. Where as, I comment on his posts because I am bored as hell at work. Seriously, after you teach for a year the years after that are easy cause you generally have all your lesson plans and stuff made.

A few people did say that wanted one for October but did you read why there wasn’t going to be one? That was because of the lack stage 2 reports and interest in general. So no you are not really talking for the community. You are trying to make yourself a leader in the community and thus garner attention. You are a menace as you name reads that is all.

I realize I am mean, but the phrase “decent human being” has rarely been used to refer to myself. ^^

(edited by Hexxen.7216)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

I’m still trying to figure out what egregious offense he’s committed that has you all so upset. Or is it that you just find him annoying? If that’s the case then these reactions are pretty sad and unnecessary.

My take is that he posts because he wants to be involved in the community and at some point some of you decided you didn’t like him and he deserved to be ousted from the forum.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

Guys, can we get back on subject, please ?

So what are the options for the builds right now ? Anyone want to bet on the best one yet ? X)

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Hi guys, as we all know there is a big patch coming up in about 2 weeks, which is already half-way into October, I figure I give people sometime to play around with new mantra changes while I spend time think more about how to improve the contest and arrange a solid support team to organize November contest, this is me talking about the best scenario btw.

in Mesmer

to be completely honest, and you have to take my word for it, if not, then don’t bother reading this post:

I only made this thread because I wanted other people to get recognition. There are lots of people in this Mesmer forum that just looks over the whole events. Not sure whether or not to pitch in because of being afraid of being criticised.

Reason I made a separate thread was because so people who have yet to even post on the Mesmer forums could feel at least a bit comfortable posting, since there is not that much pressure involved in talking about BotM outside of the Original thread.

Also, I don’t get why my build just comes into play here. Apex Predator was just an inspiration from a movie I liked. I didn’t come up with it…..

And yes, I know the New patch in October 15th needs some playing into. As I have said in one of the above posts, this thread was to gather people who are still interested and continuing this event.

@Keenlam. Best of luck. We are happy to have you as one of our Mesmer leaders.

Again, this whole idea is not for me. I don’t care. If I did, I would have done anything to get my build into the September build of the Month. Obviously keenlam is the leader in all of this. I just wanted to bring more people into the light of the contest and for them to get more excited for the future

(edited by themenaceofseventhdimension.2075)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Weird drama aside, I’m a fan of holding off on a Build of the Month contest for October.

If we’re getting a new patch mid-month and all the changes aren’t publicly released and tested, it’s a little premature to do much voting.

Based on the most recent notes I’ve seen, I’m looking forward to some Mantra and Support builds popping up in the next BotM!

in Mesmer

I really hope they have some other patch includements for Mesmers besides Mantra Support. they are good, but not very interesting for me and a certain number of people in particular. So the condition will be scaled properly. Does that mean it will be increased, or decreased? If it is increased, it will be a major buff to all builds out there that utilize some form of condition.

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I know that after the oct updates are out I will be considering entering mine as a condi/support however it will take some time for testing and what not. I think give it until November which will allow people time to create some new exciting builds that are viable.
Interesting, engaging and fun to play builds don’t come overnight.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in Mesmer

I can count on everyone here to submit their newly revised builds on November. I just hope that the people who aren’t gonna submit a build will at least join in the fun of trying out/grading a build. Also, I hope that the prizes for November BotM will be more appealing to a lot of those who are joining the Mesmer forums for the first time, or even for experienced players here. There should be a way for Spectators/Graders to also have a good deal of fun.

How about a duel fun fest 10vs10 every week from the start of each month’s BotM until its end.

Bring your suggestions here. As it will greatly help Keenlam and the others to plan out everything.