Bug : Duelist's Discipline = less damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ysc.5973

Ysc.5973

Anyone notice this ? When you have both Duelist’s Discipline(iDuelist CD -20%) and Phantasmal Strength(Phantasms +15% damage), your iDuelist deal less damage than when you have Phantasmal Strength without Duelist’s Discipline.

In other words, Duelist’s Discipline DECREASES iDuelist’s damage when you have Phantasmal Strength. I just tried it on different mobs and confirm that. Is it a new bug ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

Not really sure but I’ll check it out in the Mists later today for confirmation.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

So how thoroughly did you test this before posting? I have had no issues at all with it in the Mist.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Hmm been testing a bit in HoM and I must say I agree, there is something buggy.
You don’t even need to try with phantasmal force in fact. Even if you just put 20 point into duelling and test the damage of the duelist with and without duelist discipline trait, you’re gonna see a difference.
Without any crit on the salve, it was about 1400 damage for the full attack without duelist discipline and about 1100 with it.
Even with 1 or 2 crit hits in the salve with duelist discipline, it wouldn’t match the damage of the salve without any crit without the trait (I only had 20% crit damage in this setup but still).
If more people could test it, it would be nice. ^^

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

Now there you go, it didn’t change with Phantasmal Strength at all. . . just with Discipline. That seems to be the bug indeed. I’ve been able to repeat the effect several times now, I thought it was just related to Phantasmal Strength and kept turning off Strength, but you are right, Discipline is the culprit. Well now that we’ve found out that it’s bad I guess we don’t run Duelist’s Discipline anymore until they fix it huh? = ))

Live servers are the best PTS ever! I think that with any change they should have someone stand in the Mist and methodically try everything to make sure it’s still working the way it was prior to the change.

in Mesmer

Ysc.5973

I keep testing it several times and get the same result :
Phantasmal Strength + Duelist’s Discipline = less damage for iDuelist
Phantasmal Strength without Duelist’s Discipline = more damage for iDuelist
The difference is too big to be ignored(about 20%).
IMO It is really a BUG !
Its annoying.
They fixed an old bug and created another new bug at the same time.

in Mesmer

Sabyne.6329

As I said, it doesn’t have to do anything with Phantasmal strength. It is the duelist discipline trait that is buggy. Even if you don’t have phantasmal strength, with duelist discipline your iDuelist does less damage.

in Mesmer

Ysc.5973

I just reset all the skill points and tested it. Yes, Sabyne, you are right.
It’s the “Duelist’s discipline” that lowers iDuelist’s damage.
It’s nothing to do with Phantasmal strength or any other traits.
Anet said they already fixed the iDuelist’s low damage bug after Dec/15 patch.
Now they have another new bug to fix!

in Mesmer

Sabyne.6329

I’m not surprised anymore by fix introducing new bugs. It happened so many times already.
By the way, I’m not using this trait generally, are we sure it’s since last patch? Maybe it is there for some time already and we didn’t notice it?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’m thinking this is caused by the duelist’s discipline being linked to an older version of the duelist’s skills. They said they modified the damage this patch, so I bet that they simply forgot to modify the version that duelist’s discipline calls.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Traits which alter a non-calculated aspect of a skill actually replace that skill with a new version. For example, Magic Bullet’s tooltip used to revert to it’s original description (indicating the stun was the third hit) when you equipped a certain trait (either Duelist’s Discipline or Illusionary Elasticity, I forget).

Odds are that they forgot up update the Duelist’s Discipline version if the skill. Which really doesn’t surprise me, it’s taken them until recently to alter the Clone WoC to not travel along the ground and Trident clones still use the old version of the auto attack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Wowzers. Swapped out duelists discipline and with my build the difference is immediately obvious. I do nearly double the damage without duelists discipline.

Thanks for this catch I was starting to feel as though pistol had lost it’s appeal too and thought I might have to go back to focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Confessor.8957

Confessor.8957

look at the bright side, now you can do LESS damage 20% faster!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Panda Diplomacy.8605

Panda Diplomacy.8605

I can confirm this as well. Been testing duelists’ damage on training dummies at LA. With Duelist’s Discipline the phantasm consistently deals around 1.8k damage, and w/o it deals 2.2k. Any official response on this bug?

in Mesmer

Sabyne.6329

I can confirm this as well. Been testing duelists’ damage on training dummies at LA. With Duelist’s Discipline the phantasm consistently deals around 1.8k damage, and w/o it deals 2.2k. Any official response on this bug?

Nope, it’s been reported in the game bug forum but no answer there either. :’(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Can’t wait for the dev’s to come back from their holiday and see the pile of work in front of them, and I feel sorry for the guy that decided to work over the holiday’s because it’s going to be completely thankless work quickly swept aside due to the extreme number of complaints piling up.

I am looking forward to seeing the solutions they need to put forward to fix the class I play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telmorial.3472

Telmorial.3472

Yep, I’ve tested this as well and get the same 20% damage reduction. I’ll put more detail in that bug post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Awesome thanks.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |