[Build] Clone factory & help on R and S

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Hey guys !

My main is a thief, but I’m playing mesmer right now ( those are dark times for thief in pvp). I came up with a quite successful clone factory build, and I would like some advise on runes and sigils because I sucks in choosing those….

I’m in saphire t3 and have 692 ranked games ( 383 in thief | 151 in mesmer ), so I’m neither a complete noob nor a full expert.

Here is the link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnknBNqhtfCmpBEgiFcjycBChRqMAatfpOWr1cF-TpBFABiXGwhjAABPAga2fYhDBAAXAAA

With this build I can generate clones almost all of the time and make full use of shatters with alacracy on activation and easy access to stability.

I have both descent dammages with a descent burst ( generate 2 clone + continium shaft + wells + greatsword skills+ mindwrack ) and good sustain.
The staff and shatters ( bountiful dillusionement ) provides good team support.

SuperSpeed on shatter is a personnal preference, clones becomes rockets. They have a better reaction times, and can easily chase a fleeing low hp target without me leaving a point.

Only drawbacks are that it’s weak againts condis.

EDIT: do you guys know if the fury on clones affect the crit rate of shatter ?

ps: I don’t know if there will be dh reading this but clones in your traps are just so great to see

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I’ll give feedback as soon as gw2skill comes back on
couldn’t see the build so… :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Can’t see your build, but I can answer your question. A shatter is an attack that is generated by you, the mesmer. Given this as the case, it means that if you are blinded, a shatter will miss. If you have might, a shatter will hit harder, and if you have fury, a shatter will crit more often. Fury on illusions won’t do anything for shatters.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

in my opinion you could get way more out of the build of you’d not take dueling and take another trait line. You already get enough lone production through chrono. The dodge clone production, yes provides deception, but can accidentally cause you to lose your phantasms by accident and cause damage loss just because you needed to evade. While the chronomancer trait line gives you a pretty nice amount of additional clones. ID say if it works for us then great. But why not experiment further

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

in my opinion you could get way more out of the build of you’d not take dueling and take another trait line. You already get enough lone production through chrono. The dodge clone production, yes provides deception, but can accidentally cause you to lose your phantasms by accident and cause damage loss just because you needed to evade. While the chronomancer trait line gives you a pretty nice amount of additional clones. ID say if it works for us then great. But why not experiment further

Edit : those two traits are why I called it a clone factory :p

I feel like the clone on dodge help filling the power up on shatter on demand. and the reflect on dodge is a nice counter against some ranger and dh ( maybe if I was less noob I wouldn’t need it)

Do you have another choice from dueling ? I tried inspiration but I feel it’s lacking. Maybe chaos

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Mesmer

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

I like chaos for stability on demand. But lately all I’ve been running is Dom-1-1-3 dueling-1-1-3 and chrono-2-3-2. Using portal decoy and blink with grav well. Sometimes to Change it up I go with this but swap to chrono phantasma and illusionary reversion and take the chaos like to help against cc heavy teams

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~