[Build] Condi. Dmg. Mania (Condition/WvW)

in Mesmer

Posted by: nsk.4762

nsk.4762

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A FUN BUILD INCLUDING A FEW PROS AND MANY CONS.

--- Summary ---
Hi. I’m trying to get highest condition damage w/o might boon stacking.
Here is my build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgMQRAra7dl0zKqHWzgGb9IxJFRX6oecdv/9SKwduB-jkCBYhBEnJyINI0CRmkGIHqIas11FRjVdDTHjIq2YWISKAYmGB-w

0/20/0/20/30
Scepter/Pistol, Scepter/Focus
All rabid weapon/gear/trinket, condition damage rune, food and crystal.

note:
Sigils of Weapon Set #1
- Superior Sigil of Bursting(+6% Condition Damage)
- Major Sigil of Bursting(+5% Condition Damage)
Superior and Major Sigil of Bursting provides +11% condition damage.

So, I got 2879 condition damage with these buffs.
- Signet of Domination (+180)
- Corruption 25stack (+250)
- Guard Leech 5stack (+100)
- Superior Bloodlust (+150)
In the future, I’ll replace defensive infusion slot backitem to offensive, and maximizing DAG (Vit +250 = Condition Damage +10).

Any advice for getting more condtion damage would be greatly appreciated.

--- Pros and Cons ---
Pros
- Don’t need to "hit them hard, keep hitting". Just place iDuelist/iWarden and use blocking, then flee.
- Deadly amount of condition damage(torment, bleed, confusion).
- Good for Solo/Small group roaming, 1v1 fight(esp. melee fighter), camp capping.

Cons
- Depending on torment, bleed stacking damage, But easy to remove.
- Lack of condition removal, survivability.
- Useless at fight against 1vX, ZvZ, (insert your favorite class/build).
- and more...

--- Tweaking Build ---
I currently use rune of Torment, but I prefer rune of Perplexity. Utility skills(except signet of domination) and elite skill are flexible. Decoy, Veil and Mass Invisiblity allows survivability. Feedback, Null field, Time Warp grants more confusion stack. Yes, Polymorph moa is MUST DIE COMBO with torment(but hard to apply...).

EDIT: I put some demonstration video clip
Solo Camp Capping
Duel - vs War
Duel - vs Grd

Attachments:

(edited by nsk.4762)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So, to maximize condie damage for real, you’ll need to go full dire 0/0/25/20/25

I don’t really know if you want to do that, but there you go.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

You might want to look into a sigil of battle to replace the 5% bursting. Battle equals 5% bursting at 2100 condition damage (3 stacks of might = 105 condition dmg which is 5% of 2100). Once you hit 2 swaps though, you increase to 210 condition dmg, which would require 4200 condition damage for 5% bursting to keep up. I understand your point of not wanting battle though. Might requires setup time and can be boon stripped/stolen.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

So, to maximize condie damage for real, you’ll need to go full dire 0/0/25/20/25

Rabid and Dire gear both provide the same amount of condition damage, the difference being precision (rabid) vs vitality (dire) as a secondary stat. And with Sharper Images, rabid is the proper choice, not dire.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Rabid and Dire gear both provide the same amount of condition damage, the difference being precision (rabid) vs vitality (dire) as a secondary stat. And with Sharper Images, rabid is the proper choice, not dire.

Tuning crystals scale off of vitality as well as toughness, making dire the maximum possible stat bonus for condition damage.

Edit: Undead runes also are required for utter maximum condition damage.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Ok, just put together a build that pushes it a bit higher.

Full dire, 0/0/25/20/25, runes of scavenging, with orrian truffle soup. Same sigils and whatnot, all the trinkets were the ascended mix dire/rabid.

This pushes it to 3085 on gw2buildcraft, but I’m using a chryscolla jewel instead of a major sigil of bursting there, so it should get a bit higher.

linky

Edit: For some reason the manual buffs didn’t link, so you have to go in and manually add 500 condition damage for guard leech, stacking sigil, and bloodlust buff.

So just as a reference, at 3000 condition damage, 5 stacks of bleed + 5 stacks of torment + burning = 3500 dps.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Great Condition damage but with no real condition duration to go with it, would it not be better to lower condition damage and raise condition duration? Keep in mind that many wvw players run with -36% to -40% condition reduction.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Full dire, 0/0/25/20/25, runes of scavenging, with orrian truffle soup. Same sigils and whatnot, all the trinkets were the ascended mix dire/rabid.

This pushes it to 3085 on gw2buildcraft, but I’m using a chryscolla jewel instead of a major sigil of bursting there, so it should get a bit higher.

linky

Edit: For some reason the manual buffs didn’t link, so you have to go in and manually add 500 condition damage for guard leech, stacking sigil, and bloodlust buff.

So just as a reference, at 3000 condition damage, 5 stacks of bleed + 5 stacks of torment + burning = 3500 dps.

And none of this takes into account might stacks you may get from various sources. You’re getting close to 4,000 condition damage with a full 25 (say if you’re running in a group or somehow fit BI and good interrupt potential into it).

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

linky

Mesmer cannot take advantage of condition damage without sharper images and high crit. This is not about tanking with staff and slowly drain ppl down. It’s a glassy condi spike build. The main damage source is your multi hit phantasm (20 hits from both in 1 cycle) to crit as much as possible to stack ~14+ bleeds (50base crit 20 phantasmal fury, triple the amount of your 5 stacks, and has practically no set up time compared to staff clone spam, and the cycle repeats every few seconds). If you add glamours you get an additional confusion source since both phantasm can also combo confusion (5-10 stacks), but that is a lot less consistent, and probably work better as a cover against removal.

I ran something like this in wvw before as well, and the warden is actually okay useful against blobs if you can put it near the ranged people. Most people can’t see it before the stacks are in and by the time they realize and kill it, they’re already bleeding to death. It doesn’t always works, but the build does give you a lot of interrupt for confuse as well as reflect potential. It’s hella squishy when you’re fighting against perma stealth thieves tho.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Mesmer cannot take advantage of condition damage without sharper images and high crit.

Why is this incredibly false statement still floating around in the Mesmer Community? Yes Sharper Images is amazing but we can take advantage of condition damage without it easily. Sharper Images is NOT A NECESSITY for a condition build to be damaging/viable/really hardcore awesome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Mesmer cannot take advantage of condition damage without sharper images and high crit.

Why is this incredibly false statement still floating around in the Mesmer Community? Yes Sharper Images is amazing but we can take advantage of condition damage without it easily. Sharper Images is NOT A NECESSITY for a condition build to be damaging/viable/really hardcore awesome.

Show us.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Mesmer

Posted by: nsk.4762

nsk.4762

Wow, I didn’t expect so much response. Ty for all feedback!

Let me explain my playstyle. I mainly play wvw as solo/small group roaming (almost solo camp capping. fight other player is rare.)

After Queen’s Jubilee patch(torment added), I have decided to make torment/confusion focused condition build. Getting more condition damage, torment more powerful.

In fact, this build is version 2.0. Version 1.0 is carrion spec gear, 20/0/0/20/30, Scepter/Torch and Scepter/Focus, rune of perplexity, confusion stacking build like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgMQRArf7dl0zipXUzgGb9IxJFQX6oeA+qzdSKM9rB-jECB4MC00CAUHhOFqIasl1FRjVzATHjIq2YWISKAYmGB-w

I ran version 1.0 build in wvw for a while, and noticed that damage output depends on enemy aggressiveness. Though solo camp capping was really easy, killing pack dolyak was a bit hard.

This is why I change carrion to rabid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgMQNArfWlwzipXUToGb9IhpHBH5AHlirndSKK9rB-j0BB4iCi0CgUHBKTqIaslhFRjVJjIqWzATKAYmGB-w

Build that does not require sharper images and kills most enemies, I doblost against the occasional necro. Mesmer does not need sharper images to be viable ina condition build and to say so is spreading a wild misnomer.