[Build] Mes-Merman

[Build] Mes-Merman

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

This build is an attempt at an underwater centered style of fighting. You may be asking, “Why are you trying to make an underwater build at all?” and the answer to that is: I don’t want to accidentally remake an already created build, so I’m going for more focused and situational builds for more specificified purposes.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQBVSPrqeRNDak1jEnUQ9mj6x1ru3LpA38G-j0CBohYoiIUAIk0Y5PKrJSCiVRht+aIaqbYaXER1GeFRrWKAIGGB-w

It’s meant to increase the phantasm capabilities since they are much harder to kill underwater, it seems, help the mesmer’s mobility to a certain extent as the 3-Dimensional play in underwater is very much moving around to avoid enemies. Feedback to lockdown range-fighters and decoy for melee. The Signet of Domination is multipurpose, stunning harder opponents.

This build is made under the assumption that most people don’t use underwater builds nor train much for it, making this more effective in ambushing that majority in an underwater path or moat.

Opinions/Criticism?

[Build] Mes-Merman

in Mesmer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Thing is, most people will not even fight underwater. I usually try to avoid water combat at all costs because I don’t even know what my skills do
The only exception is with my Ele (played a lot of PvE with him so I know what keys to press XD).

So, unless you can force your opponent into fighting underwater, which is really hard as a mesmer because you lack enough skills to keep your foe CCed, you will not make good use of this build I’m afraid
The only class which has enough skills to keep its opponent inside the water is the Ele at the moment.

EDIT: I changed your build a bit, especially the traits:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQBVSPrqeRNDak1kIme0bIHFeqQ0RqgqVSBvhbA-j0CBohYoiIUAIk0Y5PKrJSCiVRht+aIaqbYaXER1GeFRrWKAIGGB-w

No need for longer feedbacks, as any clever opponent will move away from it asap.
The reduced CD on the trident helps with locking down your opponent. Not only this, but the trait which “mirrors the disabling effect on your opponent” might be really great for providing an additional stun in your build

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

(edited by hihey.1075)

[Build] Mes-Merman

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Any condition build with clone death traits and trident will prevail to other classes because the auto-attack is ridiculously strong.
But I agree with hihey, it’s more of a matter whether u can force or trick enemy into fighting underwater with you.