[Build] Shattered mantras (WvW)

[Build] Shattered mantras (WvW)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Hello everyone!

I did some more testing this week and I’m ready to share my new build.

Weapons: Sword/Focus, Staff.

Traits:

• Domination: I
  • Dueling: IV, X, XI
  • Illusions: I, VIII, XI

Utilities and Elite: Mantra of Concentration, Null field, Veil. Timewarp.

Check the link for gear and details.

How do I play this build?

This is intended as a (guild) group frontline build, played alongside warriors and guardians, using the iLeap/swap, blurred frenzy and Mind Wrack combo as the main source of damage, with focus for pulls and minimal projectile defense (the phantasm will die quickly, but maybe he’ll intercept some projectiles) and staff for defense/escape and harassment.

This build has enough armor and HP (Guard Defense stacks are a big plus) to survive in most zerg fights up to 35-40 enemies. Condition removal comes from the Warriors and Guardian shouts (with soldier runes) and warhorns and elemetalists water fields. Condition duration is reduced by 65% with runes and food, so you shouldn’t have problems with immobilizes or damage from bleeds/poisons.

The heal is very weak, but in group play most of the heals come from blasting water fields, guardians (staff, dodge) and warriors (shouts).

WHY 10-30 instead of 20-20?

The classic shatter build go for 20 points in Domination, using diversion to stack vulnerability before the mind wrack. Since in bigger zerg fights we don’t have the time to “prepare” our targets (and other classes will drop vulnerability on them), this build focus on getting more damage from having mantras charged.

VARIATIONS

• Switch Dueling X for VII for more support
  • Switch Null Field for Mantra of Resolve for a bit more damage (and a different kind of support) but at the expense of a very powerful utility
  • If your group has many mesmers, switch Veil for Signet of Illusions (shatter 2 times in a row!)
  • Switch Melandru for Hoelbrak runes for more damage, at the expense of survivability (only works for smaller groups and roaming)

I’m looking forward to comments and feedback, cya on the battlefield! o/