[Build] Trying Hybrid Shatter

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

Hi,

Trying to create a shatter build for use in WvW when running 10-15 ppl group.

Idea is to stack some aoe vulnerabilty (for my team to take profit) and mix my condition damage from extra bounces of staff and sharper images with mind wrack. Still in concept and would like feedback, specially since all shatter builds take illusionary persona.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAsdWlwzipHVTsGa9ICqHgX2xdkU0awWJF82FC-jUDBYLCiUEgkFQkIA5QFRjtMsIasabYqTo6TI6XQaYwqYA+DJVGA/xA-w

There, tear it apart

Edit: Just found Windwalker’s lockdown build, which is similar to my initial idea. May even move more towards that with Halting Strike instead of Rending Shatter.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

(edited by Xenn.3809)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So, why did you choose to take imbued diversion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

Took imbued diversion exactly to fit that supportive/vulnerability stack – daze 5 opponents and inflict at least 6 (x5 enemies) if not more stacks of vulnerability (chance to interrupt up to 5 ppl) rather than illusionary persona. This coupled with winds of chaos double bounce and chaos storm, should be plenty of vulnerability to share around.

Also daze is not to be overlooked – with clones at different ranges from target multiple daze (x5) can be chained from every shattering clones arriving to destination.

To be fair the this trait is the main reason I’m asking, to see if if other people have tested this and compared to illusionary persona in a shatter build.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

(edited by Xenn.3809)