Builds without dueling or chrono?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Q:

Are there any good builds out there that don’t use dueling or chrono?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I don’t believe there are.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

This was one of the various incarnations of my build for WvW raids (organized group of 15ish)

it’s a weird question tho… you’re looking for a build for doing what in which gamemode?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

it’s a weird question tho… you’re looking for a build for doing what in which gamemode?

He’s not looking for a build, he’s making a point.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

You could try an interruption/glamour build for zerg situations, granted you won’t be doing much after initial skill usages though lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Good ? No.

I do use a Phantasm build without Dueling and not needing Chrono, but Phantasmal Fury, Fury Traits, DE, Chronophantasma, Alacrity and more are way too useful.

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

That’s incorrect. I’m theorycrafting a build that uses chaos and inspiration but it is not coming together well. Part of the issue is the almost required use of greatsword in PvP.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

That’s incorrect. I’m theorycrafting a build that uses chaos and inspiration but it is not coming together well. Part of the issue is the almost required use of greatsword in PvP.

You take illusions, drop GS, go condi/hybrid, take MH scepter, MH sword, and/or staff.

No one says it’ll turn out well :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

If de was made baseline then I honestly believe you could take any 3 trait lines and be successful. Not meta success but at least true build diversity would exist.

in Mesmer

Posted by: feight.2704

feight.2704

There are efficient build without duelling or chrono.
manipulation/signet → good.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

manipulation/signet -> good.

You can’t make a build around manips, and signets are highly questionable without dueling. If you really think you can, then by all means post these builds you’re referencing so we can discuss them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRlsnha0YjawTNwtGLnGk5O22MIDwCWOaE6+3B-TJBFwACOFAI3foaZAAPBAA

Assuming pvp. Its what I use. Haven’t found a use for dueling when I’m oneshotting people for free…

Edit: Posted wrong build.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRlsnha0YjawTNwtGLnGk5O22MIDwCWOaE6+3B-TJBFwACOFAI3foaZAAPBAA

Assuming pvp. Its what I use. Haven’t found a use for dueling when I’m oneshotting people for free…

Edit: Posted wrong build.

Maybe as a hotjoin hero. In an actual match you get squished the second after your burst. No condition removal, no mobility, no capability to disengage or even engage….yeah. Definitely not what would pass as ‘good’.

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Pyro make me a chaos, inspiration, and domination build now please.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

This build is alright. Not great, but passable.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Alright, lets see here.

First, you need to figure out what you want the build to do. Chaos and domination together lend themselves to a solid interrupt base, so lets go with that as our base concept.

Next we need weapons. I’d lean towards GS+staff, but we’re taking inspiration as well, which means we have the option of traiting focus. I feel that the added condition removal and sustain from RI outweighs the benefits of focus though, especially given the reliability issues it has.

So we’re GS+staff in an interrupt build. We’ll take power block, SC, and CS in domination. Master of manips, chaotic dampening, and CI in chaos. Medic’s feedback (for lack of a better option), RI, and mental defense (because temporal enchanter is awful and illusionary inspiration screws with skill queuing).

We’ll definitely need mirror as the heal, since that’s got cdr from MoM and provides ranged protection. Blink is also important as usual, and then MoD, decoy, and MI round out the rest of the utilities; a pretty standard loadout. Marauder amulet, pack/vampirism runes depending on what floats your boat, your favorite sigils, etc.

Realistically, this’ll play very similarly to a standard dom/duel/chaos interrupt build. The difference is that you’ll have better defense and sustain primarily from RI, while being significantly harder to really unload with burst on someone. It’ll play ok, it just won’t be as good as the alternatives.

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Alright, lets see here.

First, you need to figure out what you want the build to do. Chaos and domination together lend themselves to a solid interrupt base, so lets go with that as our base concept.

Next we need weapons. I’d lean towards GS+staff, but we’re taking inspiration as well, which means we have the option of traiting focus. I feel that the added condition removal and sustain from RI outweighs the benefits of focus though, especially given the reliability issues it has.

So we’re GS+staff in an interrupt build. We’ll take power block, SC, and CS in domination. Master of manips, chaotic dampening, and CI in chaos. Medic’s feedback (for lack of a better option), RI, and mental defense (because temporal enchanter is awful and illusionary inspiration screws with skill queuing).

We’ll definitely need mirror as the heal, since that’s got cdr from MoM and provides ranged protection. Blink is also important as usual, and then MoD, decoy, and MI round out the rest of the utilities; a pretty standard loadout. Marauder amulet, pack/vampirism runes depending on what floats your boat, your favorite sigils, etc.

Realistically, this’ll play very similarly to a standard dom/duel/chaos interrupt build. The difference is that you’ll have better defense and sustain primarily from RI, while being significantly harder to really unload with burst on someone. It’ll play ok, it just won’t be as good as the alternatives.

It was a question I knew the answer to. I just wanted to compare what you would envision to what I already produced. If you have not guessed it already this discussion goes heavily with boon share and the notion of whether supports should or could do damage.

I think I will switch over to dueling/chaos/chrono, and then replace dueling with chrono. More data is forthcoming.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I played this before the “PU-nerf” update with moderate success in unranked.. not great, but was a fun experiment for me.
I got a lot of “burning enemies” during that time, so condi removal everywhere ~.~ Ill.Insp wrecking skillQ is annoying as hell, iWarlock’s projectile is sadly unreliable, but when hit, I loved those 5k+ crits, most ppl didn’t expect that ^^

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAscWlsnhy0YFawGNwsGLnG0ZViS2N3xQuBZASRQB-TJBFABiXGom9HW4UAAwTAAA

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

You can’t make a build around manips, and signets are highly questionable without dueling. If you really think you can, then by all means post these builds you’re referencing so we can discuss them.

Pyro, please explain what u mean “signets are highly questionable without Dueling line”.
I can’t see the connection, given Dueling traits have nothing to do with signets.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Pyro, please explain what u mean “signets are highly questionable without Dueling line”.
I can’t see the connection, given Dueling traits have nothing to do with signets.

Basically the issue is…what are you going to do with all your signets? Taking a ton of signets means some or all of the following: reduced mobility (no blink), reduced clone production (no mirror images), reduced stealth access (no decoy), reduced interrupt capability (no MoD, and no, domination is not a good interrupt).

Signets are a defensive base…but a defensive base that happens to be absolutely incapable of defending themselves on a point without getting it decapped. It needs something else to actually do something.