Bunkermes comeback????

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hi guys
i test in unranked atm bunkermes and it worked so far very good

here is the build (video tutorial is uploading)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfClqhFoB+fCEgilej6cDKhVreUb1X1MAugMC-TpQ5AAQZAc/BA

why it’s working atm?
1. no necros so no boon rip as much
2. still power creep meta with thieves and now even warrior
3. can handle condimes 1v1
4. can handle some 1v2 on point
5. good support with condi cleanse, cc, alacrity and weakness

armor 3.1 and protection uptime and illusions out can be like a wall 42% dmg mitigation
good cleanse and heal with stability
auras always on you and you team if they blast it.
boon sharing when needed

would love to hear your thoughts

(edited by messiah.1908)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

No stun break? You’re going to get locked down and hit hard. The stability will take you some of the way (stopping some of that incoming warrior hate you’ll inevitably receive) but it won’t replace stun breaks.

I’m going to be honest, I’m working on something atm that I’d like to get off the ground. While this is different there are similarities to my initial workings. It wasn’t pretty in practice.

Maybe I’m not looking at it right though. Is it a mid point, team fighting defender? If so then maybe that’s what holds it up, fighting alongside others. What happens if a necro is there to boon rip?

I guess I just wonder how you’d stand up to a 4s headbutt stun into a GS power burst while the rest of the enemy team focuses you to boot XD

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Signet of inspiration is a garbage choice, so you could swap that out for a stunbreak.

Edit: Idk though, I’m not really feeling it. Even in a 1v2 there’s so much cleave that you’re going to have a tough time keeping illusions up, so no defender and no 3% per illusion. Do you really think you could hold down a 1v2 against pressure classes like scrapper/dh?

(edited by Fay.2357)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’m not a pvp player but did the last patch not at least give precognition a chance for a comeback?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

To hold as we used to 1v2 is harder now
The protection uptime help with it
I manage to hold versus thief and rev or warrior

Sure necro can counter me if I pop stability like crazy thus don’t pop it rather play smart

Remember there is no true bunker atm

Regarding stun if I see warrior I pop stability before he engage and rotate it and I am fine

I love the signet with the permanent protection regeneration and retaliation (almost)

And yes mid fight holder or any point which the party need to hold
1v1 take condi mes

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Have you thought of using Rune of Sanctuary instead of Radiance? What about Persisting Images over Medic’s Feedback? Interesting build though; variation on a theme. Always looking for alternatives, keep us posted on the results.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The interesting thing about the patch that “killed” bunker mes is that to a large extent, they didn’t kill its survivability. The block duration and precog were already nerfed before the end of season 1 without taking it out of the meta. The amulet change did reduce the survivability, but this affected all classes.

So the only thing they changed was really killing the support. Quickness rez gone. Alacrity halved (which to be fair does also reduce personal survivability). I really don’t think that was the best way to go since to a large extent, the complaints we have currently about condi mes come from its bunker-like survivability while doing decent damage.

And that is I believe the problem we have currently with this build. You survive, but is the support enough?

The few times I tried again a bunker mes (with a few variations), I didn’t feel like I was contributing much to my team effort which is why I stopped.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Have you thought of using Rune of Sanctuary instead of Radiance? What about Persisting Images over Medic’s Feedback? Interesting build though; variation on a theme. Always looking for alternatives, keep us posted on the results.

with sanctuary you already have stability and retaliation while with this rune the cd is too long. with radiance it buff your auras which is always nice

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

The interesting thing about the patch that “killed” bunker mes is that to a large extent, they didn’t kill its survivability. The block duration and precog were already nerfed before the end of season 1 without taking it out of the meta. The amulet change did reduce the survivability, but this affected all classes.

So the only thing they changed was really killing the support. Quickness rez gone. Alacrity halved (which to be fair does also reduce personal survivability). I really don’t think that was the best way to go since to a large extent, the complaints we have currently about condi mes come from its bunker-like survivability while doing decent damage.

And that is I believe the problem we have currently with this build. You survive, but is the support enough?

The few times I tried again a bunker mes (with a few variations), I didn’t feel like I was contributing much to my team effort which is why I stopped.

you are right on the support. this is what killed all the bunker class (guard mainly). every class can support itself in some manner. ele are the best in healing and shouts mainly.
mesmer can cleanse with nullfield and heal nicely if you stand on the well. also dont foreget the cc mesmer has and timewarp if you take it.
also to be able to stand on a point to secure the cap sometime is soft support as it lets ouyr team to get off point and fight from the back if needed.

my main contribution was holding points long enough in 1v1 versus their high dmg class or even 1v2. cleanse conditions when warrior and mesmer on 4v4 on point. just put 2 null field and healing well on the point with rotation to negate their all efectivness.

alacrity nerf yes but 33% is still something versus 0%

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

with sanctuary you already have stability and retaliation while with this rune the cd is too long. with radiance it buff your auras which is always nice

I was thinking the same thing at first (why radiance) but after looking at it you really get some great retaliation uptime (probably permanent) which fits well with the knight amulet, plus on top of that every chaos armor lasts almost 7 seconds due to the aura duration buff on #6, which is very nice.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I was thinking the same thing at first (why radiance) but after looking at it you really get some great retaliation uptime (probably permanent) which fits well with the knight amulet, plus on top of that every chaos armor lasts almost 7 seconds due to the aura duration buff on #6, which is very nice.

and also 10 sec ligh aura with heal skill and leap (vulnerability +retaliation)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Persisting images probably wouldn’t do much. Phantasm survivability is pretty binary; either the fight is small enough to not kill them or there’s so much cleave they die immediately upon spawning. Medic’s feedback on the other hand gives that fantastic revive speed booster plus a pbaoe feedback, which can be really nice if you’re getting hit with ranged pressure.

Neither is a fantastic trait, but medic’s feedback is going to have a more reliable positive effect most of the time.

Does it actually work with chaos armor now? In the past (multiple times) I tested radiance runes and they never procced any of their effects nor affected chaos armor durations.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Does it actually work with chaos armor now? In the past (multiple times) I tested radiance runes and they never procced any of their effects nor affected chaos armor durations.

Chaos armor definitely extends with the 33% aura duration in my testing and you also get swiftness with it, feel free to validate.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m not a pvp player but did the last patch not at least give precognition a chance for a comeback?

It’s still bad unfortunately.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Chaos armor definitely extends with the 33% aura duration in my testing and you also get swiftness with it, feel free to validate.

yes it is working

you get the light aura from healing skill
you get longer duration (6.5 seec) on chaos armor

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i dont think its bad (compare to what we used to have yes its bad)
but atm you hardly need 3 sec aegis (if you get burst) nor the stability. only maybe the break stun . still useable if you dont see anything else to fit in the 3rd slot

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

but atm you hardly need 3 sec aegis (if you get burst) nor the stability. only maybe the break stun . still useable if you dont see anything else to fit in the 3rd slot

I still don’t like the current functionality, but with ~20s CD (assuming perma alacrity), if you’re running the well trait for alacrity sharing it’s not too bad.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I still don’t like the current functionality, but with ~20s CD (assuming perma alacrity), if you’re running the well trait for alacrity sharing it’s not too bad.

It’s a bad skill on a low cooldown. This doesn’t make it not bad, but it does make it somewhat usable.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah but a stun break with a 3/4 second cast time is plainly absurd. Never mind that the rest of the ability is meh anyway you slice it, but that cast time just kills it dead.

It simply can’t compete as a stun break utility with other ones we have, and brings very little otherwise.

By definition of what a stun break is, it has to be short casting or instant…otherwise it simply won’t work when you need it the most.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Persisting images probably wouldn’t do much. Phantasm survivability is pretty binary; either the fight is small enough to not kill them or there’s so much cleave they die immediately upon spawning. Medic’s feedback on the other hand gives that fantastic revive speed booster plus a pbaoe feedback, which can be really nice if you’re getting hit with ranged pressure.

Neither is a fantastic trait, but medic’s feedback is going to have a more reliable positive effect most of the time.

Very true, good point. Since clones will not be very meaningful, especially on shatters, might as well get something from them that’s I was thinking of adding another source of retaliation is all (Persisting Images).

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

(edited by Soothsayer.9206)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Yeah but a stun break with a 3/4 second cast time is plainly absurd. Never mind that the rest of the ability is meh anyway you slice it, but that cast time just kills it dead.

It simply can’t compete as a stun break utility with other ones we have, and brings very little otherwise.

By definition of what a stun break is, it has to be short casting or instant…otherwise it simply won’t work when you need it the most.

The stun break occurs instantly. This is why an interrupt will put it on the full cooldown. It works just fine as a stun break, it’s the rest of the skill that’s awful.

@Soothsayer: Unless it got changed without me noticing it, persisting images will only apply retal to phantasms, and only 5 seconds of it. The 5 seconds of retaliation is completely and utterly useless, and that nerf from permanent to 5 seconds upon summon is what relegated my immortal build to the garbage bin.

Edit: Hold that thought. I’ve got some kitten I need to test.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

The stun break occurs instantly. This is why an interrupt will put it on the full cooldown. It works just fine as a stun break, it’s the rest of the skill that’s awful.

The stability is also instant which is a nice feature on a stun break – can be helpful in preventing a chain CC scenario. Because it’s instant it can also be used in simple fashion to mitigate an incoming CC if you’re out of dodges.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Doh! Has it always been like that? I seem to remember when it was first nerfed to 3/4s cast time, prior to the change to Aegis, that I tested it and the Stun didn’t occur until after.

Oh well, sorry for the misinfo then, but you’re right…the rest of the ability is still trash, but good to know that stun-break and stability are instant.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Doh! Has it always been like that? I seem to remember when it was first nerfed to 3/4s cast time, prior to the change to Aegis, that I tested it and the Stun didn’t occur until after.

Oh well, sorry for the misinfo then, but you’re right…the rest of the ability is still trash, but good to know that stun-break and stability are instant.

It DOES have 3/4s cast time but the stunbreak is instant and the stability is meant to ensure you won’t be interrupted before the cast actually occur.

This is still potentially annoying because I often used stunbreak during CS to ensure that I did not waste its duration. A 3/4s cast means I basically have to wait anyway (or maybe cancel the cast but lose all the effect while still going on cooldown) so it is definitely a drawback that is not needed anymore anyway considering how bad the skill is.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I have been play testing bunker mesmer.
Here is my version:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfC1qhdoBmpBUrhlejyMAugM6cDKhWruUb1ZF-TpwZABAUGQz9HAA

My thoughts:
1. I don’t think alacrity sharing is worth it anymore. The effect is too low and well of recall is too big of a cool down. Portal is way more important.

2. The biggest strength for bunker mesmer is BD. So I took signet of illusion to maximize the strength.

3. I am taking signet of inspiration through trait rather than utility. Again, I just can’t give up any of those three utilities:portal, signet of illusion and blink.

4. Elite is pure personally preference. I can’t tell which is better: timewarp or gravity well.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Here is my version:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfC1qhdoBmpBUrhlejyMAugM6cDKhWruUb1ZF-TpwZABAUGQz9HAA

My thoughts:
1. I don’t think alacrity sharing is worth it anymore. The effect is too low and well of recall is too big of a cool down. Portal is way more important.

2. The biggest strength for bunker mesmer is BD. So I took signet of illusion to maximize the strength.

3. I am taking signet of inspiration through trait rather than utility. Again, I just can’t give up any of those three utilities:portal, signet of illusion and blink.

4. Elite is pure personally preference. I can’t tell which is better: timewarp or gravity well.

i dont like cleric – only give 400 hp from self initial heal and 300 on shatter. also you losing armor and crit chance so you wont do any dmg at all to bit pressure in 1v1 while you got 1k less hp.
your shatter alone wont help against condi mesmer as you need null field . not to talk about condi necro or rip necro.
portal is nice but you not a roamer do you? bunker need to stand on point and hold it. if the team moves to another point the mesmer will move with them.
if you are more 1v1 holder play condi mesmer than.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

regarding the build i am testing

test results in 1v1 5 games each class

dh – didnt die. dh sustain greatly
thief – died once after 4 min. thief was pressure with shatter 50% hp average
ele – didnt die. ele sustain greatly
ranger – died once above 4 min (i wanted to stop) ranger sustain greatly
warrior – didnt die. warrior good sustain few time below 50% hp
rev – died once 3 min (rotation mistake). rev sustain good few times below 50% hp
necro – died 4 times after 3.5 min (rip necro after 2.5 min) (didnt died with paladin amulet). necro had trouble to sustain few times very low hp
condi mes – died 2 times after above 2.5 min. mesmer had good sustain few times below 50% hp

for me if i manage to stay above 1 min on point its a win . i consider my team in real fight 1 thief will come help (or rev) while my enemy used all his burst etc…

its hard to test on team fight in unranked solo . but so far winning is easy (no necro insight)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Here is my version:

My thoughts:

i dont like cleric – only give 400 hp from self initial heal and 300 on shatter. also you losing armor and crit chance so you wont do any dmg at all to bit pressure in 1v1 while you got 1k less hp.
your shatter alone wont help against condi mesmer as you need null field . not to talk about condi necro or rip necro.
portal is nice but you not a roamer do you? bunker need to stand on point and hold it. if the team moves to another point the mesmer will move with them.
if you are more 1v1 holder play condi mesmer than.

I find cleric pretty good
Well of eternity has 1.2 healing coefficient. Restorative illusion has 0.2. I honestly think 240 more heal on each shatter is a lot. I am not trying to do damage, you won’t be able to kill anyone anyway.

Portal is always important even for a supporter or a point holder. This means you can support teamfight while watching another point at the same time. Remember during bunker mesmer meta, we still have plenty mesmers taking portal over even well of precognition.

I have faced condition mesmer a lot of times. Surviving with shatter/signet of illusion/well of eternity is pretty easy. The only surviving issue is against spike power damage.

My build is very support orientated with main focus on maximizing BD effect.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

tried cleric. didnt see much difference only when played with comm and team and i told them to stand on heal. so mainly the healing from well got nice buff.

have you manage to hold 1v2 longer then 1 min?
i found it very difficult with lower armor mainly if its 2 dmg dealers

i have fought versus 2 enemies on point
condi warrior and ranger – easy above 1 min,
ele and rev – harder but doable if kite,
thief and guard – harder but doable,
guard and guard – easy above 1 min
ele and power warrior – kitten hard too many cc so even with stability one will hit you and you dead.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Very hard for me to 1v2 with my current setup. I tend to just bait in a 1v2.

I figured that I probably needed mental defence to hold on longer. But that means no illusionary inspiration which is one of the big selling point of bunker mes. Or swapping portal for signet of inspiration but have to lose something strong either way.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

can other tester share their thoughts?

after testing it a bit i can say 1v1 it easy but it is not what the concept should do

so 1v2 much harder if the enemy team send the right class to hold you off like condi and power class, if they send 2 power class its doable

this build shines in team fights as boons are flying and healing if the team know how to take it from you (like not fight off point rather near you)

usually i try to stick to dmg dealers in pugs group like rev or thief. the dmg when they get 10 might stacks fury is huge and tend to kill any class very fast so even 2v3 become easier

if the enemy send necro to target you my team should target the necro and if we manage to do so the fight is much easier

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Played bunker mesmer in season 1.
Played condi mesmer in summer 2015.
I have more than 8k games on bunkers (all meta since 2012).

My input for the cleric builds:
Play with Water sigil, water runes and the heal on swap.
This will bring your cleric healing at a greater place. I understand the tech for retaliation, but with my suggestions your will be way more useful in team fights (where bunker shine).

Since druid nerf, cleric mesmer could be the healer that can AOE cleanses for friends (without stacking two tempest).

My input for the Knight builds:
Use sigils on crits (blood + air) on both setup.
Use vampiric runes.

This build seems more bruiser like, (sustain on points) and so you need to kill fast with great survivability. Those options would open more sustain + pressure to achieve this.

Please test my inputs and report, so I feel that my input are useful.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

This will bring your cleric healing at a greater place. I understand the tech for retaliation, but with my suggestions your will be way more useful in team fights (where bunker shine).

Since druid nerf, cleric mesmer could be the healer that can AOE cleanses for friends (without stacking two tempest).

Use vampiric runes.

This build seems more bruiser like, (sustain on points) and so you need to kill fast with great survivability. Those options would open more sustain + pressure to achieve this.

thanks man already tried it
cleric – my team thanks me more than using the knight when i took the role of team support only.
so in pugs its really hard. how many time i type DONT MOVE HEALING ON POINT. and still ppl jump even when the fight is over….. go figure

so yes in group fight cleric is better. in solo knight can work too.

thief is our counter either way if they are good. as they can prevent you the support while you focus on your self sustain.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

It’s not bad, however is lacks in stun breaks which makes the build significantly weaker than it should be. I’ll link what I’ve been using: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfCFoh1fCmpBUrhFijyMASgFquS/0S9sBugPD-TpRHABFcEAA4QAQwJAg89HQuMgAPAAA

I suggest trying out my variant of the build Messiah, I think you’ll like it more than what you currently have.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

It’s not bad, however is lacks in stun breaks which makes the build significantly weaker than it should be. I’ll link what I’ve been using: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfCFoh1fCmpBUrhFijyMASgFquS/0S9sBugPD-TpRHABFcEAA4QAQwJAg89HQuMgAPAAA

I suggest trying out my variant of the build Messiah, I think you’ll like it more than what you currently have.

I don’t think stunbreaker is a problem for bunker mes. Because shatter stability makes you quite difficult to cc in first place.

The biggest problem for bunker mesmer to be good is that: 1. it is very hard to maximize your support potential, shatter boon, wells and boon share all have very small radius. They are much harder to execute well compared to 600 radius shouts
2. inherent squishiness of mesmer. You entirely rely on active defense to survive.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Jourdelune.7456

Use vampiric runes.

cleric – my team thanks me more than using the knight when i took the role of team support only.
so in pugs its really hard. how many time i type DONT MOVE HEALING ON POINT. and still ppl jump even when the fight is over….. go figure

thief is our counter either way if they are good. as they can prevent you the support while you focus on your self sustain.

Well, I tried it yesterday night.

It’s better than my other bunker build/classes for soloq. Better than tempest.

I played with null field, portal and Decoy. I link both ring of conditions removal before the start, saying I go mid and put portal on home.

I use my 3 rings of conditions removal on points. Easy enough, people on points are condi cleanse.

But… I use retalition and soaking damage and haste on illusions, I don’t use any alacrity traits (If got 2 illusions, bring 1 more). Spam more illusions when shattered.

This is great… Sigil of water is mandatory, so you can heal while body blocking for your mates. Playing bunker is hard. People think it’s easy… but they don’t know what a good bunker is.

Actually, I am back on my bunker mesmer to get a lot of great things. It’s not the same that it was in season 1…. but, wells and alacrity are not that great anyway. I miss conditions damage… but… well, no biggie.

BTW, I tried rune of radiance… and man, you where right about it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Use vampiric runes.

Well, I tried it yesterday night.

It’s better than my other bunker build/classes for soloq. Better than tempest.

I played with null field, portal and Decoy. I link both ring of conditions removal before the start, saying I go mid and put portal on home.

I use my 3 rings of conditions removal on points. Easy enough, people on points are condi cleanse.

But… I use retalition and soaking damage and haste on illusions, I don’t use any alacrity traits (If got 2 illusions, bring 1 more). Spam more illusions when shattered.

This is great… Sigil of water is mandatory, so you can heal while body blocking for your mates. Playing bunker is hard. People think it’s easy… but they don’t know what a good bunker is.

Actually, I am back on my bunker mesmer to get a lot of great things. It’s not the same that it was in season 1…. but, wells and alacrity are not that great anyway. I miss conditions damage… but… well, no biggie.

BTW, I tried rune of radiance… and man, you where right about it.

atm in ranked its very hard sometime or very easy. if i put in chat support mesmer still ppl dont know what it means… standing on my well, field using blast etc..
so most fight i get 1v1 or 1v2 and ping for help which come after 1-2 min . so more bunkering less support

when playing with group than i see the change. 800-1200 boons share, condi cleanse and 100k+ healing to allies

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Jourdelune.7456

when playing with group than i see the change. 800-1200 boons share, condi cleanse and 100k+ healing to allies

This is the hardest part of any bunker build/class.

To get the best of support even if people are DODGING it.

When I can’t do my job properly, I abuse portal play and do 1v2 all game. It’s easy with all the conditions hate the build packed.

It would be way harder if people would play more power dps, but so far… I will still play support mesmer since the condi hate is REAL with it compare to Tempest or Scrapper.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

yes lots of condi which this build i think is the best to counter it compare to all classes atm.
also change it a bit so instead of well of recall i replace it with signet of illusion. so more shatter and boons abilities heal and condi cleanse when bunkering more.
also change the trait to delay reaction. as now i have only healing well so no need for 2 sec alacrity . and slow is nice when interrupting and than took IR just to have more clone so more 3% dmg mitigation uptime
with this variation its more easy 1v2

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

So what’s the flavour between cleric or knight neck?

Does knight allow you to kill something on 1vs1?

And why not using paladin?

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

So what’s the flavour between cleric or knight neck?

Does knight allow you to kill something on 1vs1?

And why not using paladin?

i probably use knight if there is an ele in my party as i could be more soft bruiser.
still versus good player you wont be able to kill but you will be able to push him off point.with cleric you hit like noddle but your support little bit better so you can take more 1v2 freely (happens a lot in soloQ)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

this is the best build atm to handle both power creep and condi creep

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfClqhFoBeoBUrhlejyMAugMquUX1X9cDKhQA-TJxGABSv/AAPCAmKDcwZAAA

signet of illusion – 16k hp with cs, 16 condi cleanse with cs, more distortion and daze and more boons and stability up time
prolong glamour field so more 2 cleanse with null field, and 12 sec TW.
more chaos armo time so more protection, regen and weakness which all negate direct dmg from you.
more easy 1v2 but still you cannot sit and soak dmg so need to kite dodge but can contest the point.

thanks for the ideas guys

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Jourdelune.7456

Thank you for updating the build.

Water is nice! I did add Sigil of Life… man… full sigil of life means better 1v2.

I will try the signet options…. but… portal is great when my team is not good in team fights.

And I am still using Persistant Images, so enemy need to think before doing AOE on three retal illusions…

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Thank you for updating the build.

Water is nice! I did add Sigil of Life… man… full sigil of life means better 1v2.

I will try the signet options…. but… portal is great when my team is not good in team fights.

And I am still using Persistant Images, so enemy need to think before doing AOE on three retal illusions…

sigil of life doesnt give much compare to the might i can stack.
portal if used while you say your team is not good in team fight. wether you cant support them well or they dont have dmg thus they have more sustain and healing over dmg so you need to reroll maybe or they do.
PI with retal doesnt scale much and do much compare to the support you can do with feedback ie 2 sec resistance which negate poison on the down and reflect and 10% res speed.
it seems you taking it more bruiser build so try knight amulet or paladin

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Back in S1 I created Valkzerker specifically to deal with the meta bunker chrono.

S3 Demoserker is that much stronger, and bunker chrono that much more weaker.

I just gotta say, if I came up to this in game currently it wouldn’t last long.

Wait for phase retreat or shield block, headbutts 4s stun into berserk mode with sig of might activated, arcing slice, full hundred blades. If that (on top of whatever else comes your way under the stun) doesnt eat your 17k hp then there’s still whirlwind attack, another arcing slice (for full damage now), with a rifle swap volley, rifle butt, gun flames to go through (second traited sig of might will have procced). The lack of stun break in your build makes you a sitting duck.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Back in S1 I created Valkzerker specifically to deal with the meta bunker chrono.

Wait for phase retreat or shield block, headbutts 4s stun into berserk mode with sig of might activated, arcing slice, full hundred blades. If that (on top of whatever else comes your way under the stun) doesnt eat your 17k hp then there’s still whirlwind attack, another arcing slice (for full damage now), with a rifle swap volley, rifle butt, gun flames to go through (second traited sig of might will have procced). The lack of stun break in your build makes you a sitting duck.

Again, why is stunbreaker except for blink very important when you have on-demand stability through shatter?

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Again, why is stunbreaker except for blink very important when you have on-demand stability through shatter?

Because you land your stuns outside of shatters? But I get it, you might miss landing it.

So let’s say there’s a pesky stack of stability always up (could be more but let’s say I wait till there’s just the one). Using rifle and berserk mode I can use a gunflame to clear it, swap into headbutt (4s stun) and go ham.

Of course I don’t even need to do that. There’s no reason not to sit in rifle and maintain ranged pressure. The build has no mobility and is meant to sit on point. At least in S1 the build had ridiculously high HP and armor, and precog to force you to slip your hits in between the gaps. With primarily blocks to go on and a lower HP pool, the chono bunker won’t stand up for long.

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Because you land your stuns outside of shatters? But I get it, you might miss landing it.

So let’s say there’s a pesky stack of stability always up (could be more but let’s say I wait till there’s just the one). Using rifle and berserk mode I can use a gunflame to clear it, swap into headbutt (4s stun) and go ham.

Of course I don’t even need to do that. There’s no reason not to sit in rifle and maintain ranged pressure. The build has no mobility and is meant to sit on point. At least in S1 the build had ridiculously high HP and armor, and precog to force you to slip your hits in between the gaps. With primarily blocks to go on and a lower HP pool, the chono bunker won’t stand up for long.

but in group fight i will target you and my team will pressure you … i wont try 1v1 as i am support base

also i had fight gs+axe/shield warrior. boring fight. even short 1 min 1v2 with rev.
signet of illusion grants me 40 sec stability if i rotate right. sure i can make mistakes but i save PR for the HB of yours ….

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i will load up a bad game play with this build. so many bad clicking ….

Bunkermes comeback????

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

can you kill an ele with it or ranger?