Burning damage in condi roaming [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

A little overview of how the build is oriented around longer burn duration. A few short fights with different levels of burning landed plus a longer one where I really never put on a ton of burn stacks.

Have fun!

https://youtu.be/Fa1vwgpnZdU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Torch burns are certainly nothing to be sniffed at anymore, especially if you coordinate them into a burst. Nice video.

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

I don’t like balthazar runes on mesmer when there are other options available to boost burning duration/condi duration in general.

The vast majority on our burns come from torch so imo it is better to use other runes that improve the overall build/condis in general and simply put a 20% burn sigil on the torch. Thus, your other non-torch weaponset could benefit from the rune choice as well.

I experimented with a meme “ghost mesmer” build (burning/condi people without leaving stealth) and this is the gearing I ended up with.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsfnsICNqhdoBmpBcrhlXjycFGuRoeYP2lFNAypmA-T1hAQBxUJY0eAAOU9H/pHAAnAgls/gHV+RKAYGbB-w

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx for the feedback. I used to open fights with The Prestige and then casting iMage from stealth. But I realized that people will often cleanse that first burning stacks quickly. So now I try to always start with shield first. Then, I can go through the continuum shift sequence where hopefully I can cast prestige and image twice. It doesn’t always work, but when it does, it can work pretty well.

In terms of Balthazar runes, I agree that there are other options. I’ve experimented with other rune sets, but I keep coming back to Balthazar. Here’s a few of things that factor into my decision:
- Because you get a base 33% increase to Confusion from Illusions line, there’s a limit to how high you want base condi duration. The 72% in the linked build is a really good spot, but it means you end up giving up some condition damage (trailblazer is below dire)
- A lot of my gameplay now revolves around the heal mantra. If you can reliably recharge it, nothing comes close in terms of total healing per second. So I’m used to using the heal skill frequently. The 1 stack of AoE burning may not seem like a lot, but it can really help with fights with thieves for example. If they can’t cleanse it, that’s 2400+ damage.
- The five seconds of quickness when you get below 20% health can really turn a fight. Especially for things like getting the mantra recharged. It’s nothing you can count on, but it’s fun when it happens.

The ghost/burn build definitely looks interesting – thx for sharing.