Burst dmg

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: jackynikola.1205

jackynikola.1205

So am using Powershater build from metabuilds. Staff; S/SH. Problem is it doesnt have no burst dmg. It takes so much time to kill anyone. I fell like am support. Is ther any build curently that can burst dmg, or kill faster?

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Replace staff with great sword.

Mirrorblade > mindwrack at close range can do 10k on zerk targets and if you’re marauder/zerk mix. The iZerker also does more damage too, does about 3-6k damage depending on how many hits it gets in.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Like apharma said, you need to be using a GS to run a burst build, and it turns you into a one trick pony, forreal. Depending on how quick you are, you can get in one burst stuff like

Mirror Blade→Blink→Diversion→Mind Stab→Mind Wrack→Blurred Frenzy

The trick is to get all of this off before the other person can react. You can run some neat tricks with CS, like doing this burst twice in a row, but you might need to have Mirror Images on your bar to get enough time in CS for an entire burst if you aren’t quick enough.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Some good keybinds help for doing continuum split bursts Ori, being able to place your fingers on buttons to press mirrorblade, CS and blink in that order within the same fraction of a second while pressing mind wrack as soon as the clone spawns helps a lot.

Still working on it myself.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

True. I’m not a fan of that playstyle very much, so I don’t practice it at all. But I do know that I should redo my keybindings, would make the whole game easier.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: jackynikola.1205

jackynikola.1205

nah doesnt work. Taking marauder makes my hp 21k. So before I eaven start any burst am geting one shoted by Thiefs or Warriors. Eaven if i pull full burst target is barely on 50%hp so… MMMMMMMMM quiting mesmer for good. Ty guys for help

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Thief has instant burst, you need to hard read them to win.

You can out play most wars using the z-axis and baiting them. you don’t get reflect but you do get boonstrip so try to use it well.

I’ve had better success with demolisher than maurader. If you are running daze mantra stay maurader tho. You may also enjoy GS trait with strength runes.

Also don’t take power into queue, even if you are good with it you are just gimping yourself, condi has better matchups and is better for the game type.

I don’t like conquest and I just want to kill players and have fun, so I run it with offhand sword, but really don’t follow my example. I know it’s bad (it’s fun tho.)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

nah doesnt work. Taking marauder makes my hp 21k. So before I eaven start any burst am geting one shoted by Thiefs or Warriors. Eaven if i pull full burst target is barely on 50%hp so… MMMMMMMMM quiting mesmer for good. Ty guys for help

Hold on, you wanted to be able to burst people down in one hit while also being tanky? That’s the opposite of balance, and ideally no class should ever have a build like that

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

er ok, if that’s all it takes for you to stop playing a class I have 2 alternatives to the advise I gave earlier, I think it’s much more suited to your attention span.

High damage high sustain.

Easy for a new player.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

FOR MESMER

Power Mesmer is pretty much dead in GW2. It’s such a joke it makes me sick to play it, and I see people thank power mesmers on the enemy team for the free win.

HOWEVER
I put this build together as a sort of themed gimick (though made it strong as to compete) and found it actually performs quite well. It’s also VERY easy to play considering it meets the standards of all the other meta classes of spam dumping a ton of AoE on a capture point for maximum reward.

Build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8encfC1filfCufCEgilejyMAugF4MFKhVreUb1XF-TJBIABzXGAgLCg3PBAy3fAA

Now, obviously as the build is presented there’s some noticeable limitations what without portal (major) or blink (minor). But you could slot those in if you wanted to maintain that functionality (Blink replace precog, portal replace your choice). However that aside, this makes for a great team fighting presence as you have a ton of sustain, and a lot of cc/damage, on top of the team support and utility- the high alacrity uptime means you are well bombing continually, and your buddies will have their kittene of CD sooner too.

FYI: The might stacks will spike and the damage output is heavy.

ALL THAT ASIDE
I play GS/Rifle zerker berserker and if you’re pro at it, you can burst/DPS with the best of them. Especially now that OPrev’s have had to take the bench (Rev still OP btw, don’t let a little ezmode damage shave fool you).

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Remember when you could trick out a 20k Gunflame in PvP?

(I did love how the non-crit was 7k+ XD )

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Hold on, you wanted to be able to burst people down in one hit while also being tanky? That’s the opposite of balance, and ideally no class should ever have a build like that

Sure would make the game easy to play though I suppose…

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Sure would make the game easy to play though I suppose…

And this is why Rev got nerfed.

….and revs everywhere didnt understand it -_-u

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I have no idea what you’re talking about; rev was and still is totally balanced – it only dealt more than half of my relatively-tanky thief’s health pool in an AA or close to 95% of its baseline health

Seriously, though, mesmer burst can be amazing/potentially some of the best in the game. Running that kind of build and winning with it just takes more skill/good timing/practice than some other professions and most builds these days cough to pull off.

Power burst is largely a two-way street for most builds; you’re going to be making big sacrifices somewhere to pull it off. That’s why condition bomb builds are busted lol.

Attachments:

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

I have no idea what you’re talking about; rev was and still is totally balanced – it only dealt more than half of my relatively-tanky thief’s health pool in an AA or close to 95% of its baseline health

Seriously, though, mesmer burst can be amazing/potentially some of the best in the game. Running that kind of build and winning with it just takes more skill/good timing/practice than some other professions and most builds these days cough to pull off.

Power burst is largely a two-way street for most builds; you’re going to be making big sacrifices somewhere to pull it off. That’s why condition bomb builds are busted lol.

I know this is the mesmer forum, so no one that needs to see this will, but the reason that mesmers burst can and should be one of the highest in the game is because there’s so much that goes into a power shatter burst on a mesmer. Your build has almost no survivability, you need to blow 6+ skills to pull it off, any of which can be blocked (or more likely with HoT power creep, will trigger a passive that will kitten you up), and you have to do it all before the other player can respond. Mesmer has to invest in it to get a good burst out of it, so they absolutely deserve to have a high burst.

But then we have classes like Rev that can do absolutely ridiculous damage with little to no investment, without blowing CDs like the mesmer has to.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I have no idea what you’re talking about; rev was and still is totally balanced – it only dealt more than half of my relatively-tanky thief’s health pool in an AA or close to 95% of its baseline health ;)

I know this is the mesmer forum, so no one that needs to see this will, but the reason that mesmers burst can and should be one of the highest in the game is because there’s so much that goes into a power shatter burst on a mesmer. Your build has almost no survivability, you need to blow 6+ skills to pull it off, any of which can be blocked (or more likely with HoT power creep, will trigger a passive that will kitten you up), and you have to do it all before the other player can respond. Mesmer has to invest in it to get a good burst out of it, so they absolutely deserve to have a high burst.

But then we have classes like Rev that can do absolutely ridiculous damage with little to no investment, without blowing CDs like the mesmer has to.

This reminds me of what I said to Pyro one time. On Mes I’d have to push 20 buttons and get nothing out of it. Then playing Killshot Warrior, whenever I push a button, I get a result.

Mesmer’s design is trash in a post HoT era. Power, interrupt, lockdown, anything maximum except condi shatter spam.

Godkitten I hate playing Mesmer these days XD

Here’s another great option for burst. Unranked only though
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhGnYxTwrJw/EHwElOBCgMwHGxRbsD0lbQB-TJBFABUXGQgTBAAPBAk2fAA

Attachments:

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m not criticizing it; I think it’s totally fine to shell out that kind of damage, frankly. The only thing I dislike about mesmer burst is the fact it can happen from chained stealth. I have the same dislike for D/P thief with BP/HS/Bound.

Pre-HoT, pretty much every build in the game needed to commit a ton of resources in some shape or form to deal massive burst damage. Currently, it’s just not true when looking at how passive (and notably how strong) so many defensive traits are, and how generally speaking, the game has gotten much tankier without losing much damage, or in many cases, has gotten more of both.

Rev, like Chrono, Daredevil, and every other elite, is the result of poor design covered up by an attempted change to numbers.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

FOR MESMER

Power Mesmer is pretty much dead in GW2. It’s such a joke it makes me sick to play it, and I see people thank power mesmers on the enemy team for the free win.

HOWEVER
I put this build together as a sort of themed gimick (though made it strong as to compete) and found it actually performs quite well. It’s also VERY easy to play considering it meets the standards of all the other meta classes of spam dumping a ton of AoE on a capture point for maximum reward.

Build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8encfC1filfCufCEgilejyMAugF4MFKhVreUb1XF-TJBIABzXGAgLCg3PBAy3fAA

Now, obviously as the build is presented there’s some noticeable limitations what without portal (major) or blink (minor). But you could slot those in if you wanted to maintain that functionality (Blink replace precog, portal replace your choice). However that aside, this makes for a great team fighting presence as you have a ton of sustain, and a lot of cc/damage, on top of the team support and utility- the high alacrity uptime means you are well bombing continually, and your buddies will have their kittene of CD sooner too.

ALL THAT ASIDE
I play GS/Rifle zerker berserker and if you’re pro at it, you can burst/DPS with the best of them. Especially now that OPrev’s have had to take the bench (Rev still OP btw, don’t let a little ezmode damage shave fool you).

Liked the build! Thought I would be the only one experimenting with gs/staff quirky type build. Anyway, not going for burst but here’s the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnsIClphtpBWoBMrhlUjq+Zn2r18G+hgicAKhAA-TJBGABp9EAA4SAg8+D7XGAA

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

FOR MESMER

HOWEVER

Build

ALL THAT ASIDE

Liked the build! Thought I would be the only one experimenting with gs/staff quirky type build. Anyway, not going for burst but here’s the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnsIClphtpBWoBMrhlUjq+Zn2r18G+hgicAKhAA-TJBGABp9EAA4SAg8+D7XGAA

Take Leadership for the extra cleanse and bonus boon duration.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

FOR MESMER

HOWEVER

Build

ALL THAT ASIDE

Take Leadership for the extra cleanse and bonus boon duration.

not a bad idea, especially for Imagined Burden, thx will try out after season is done!

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Hey guys Vivi here, I’m finding that Chronomancer simply doesn’t work for power shatter. Stealth/PU is so much better, and the mantra cover that stealth provides is just too good to lose.

Realizing this, here is what I’ve been running recently:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRl0nhy0YNawENwtGLrG05RSS0LjwICg5Mm2KA-TZBBwAAOBAL3fAdZAJPBgNHCAA

You could sacrifice Mantra of Disruption for Decoy if you want.

Nevertheless, there are copious condi cleanses, heals, a huge health pool, and considerable bursts. It’s an excellent build IMO. Completely open to tweaks as well.

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Hey guys Vivi here, I’m finding that Chronomancer simply doesn’t work for power shatter. Stealth/PU is so much better, and the mantra cover that stealth provides is just too good to lose.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfRl0nhy0YNawENwtGLrG05RSS0LjwICg5Mm2KA-TZBBwAAOBAL3fAdZAJPBgNHCAA

Nevertheless, there are copious condi cleanses, heals, a huge health pool, and considerable bursts. It’s an excellent build IMO. Completely open to tweaks as well.

You are correct in that the chrono line does make the power shatter build weaker. But it does provide enough utility that some people still prefer taking it. The sustain in shield is enough to keep you alive if you screw up, and if you land your entire burst inside CS you have a nice re-set tool in case anything happens (like they pop a passive invuln or something), or if someone else from their team joined too late to save them. So there are definitely tradeoffs to both taking and not taking chrono. Personally I would go without chrono as I feel power shatter is best left as a one trick pony with no sustain, in which case the extra stealth really helps a lot.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

It looks interesting. The things that stick out to me are

• Minimal mobility (at least you get some bonus swiftness while in stealth- maybe)
  • Maximum CD’s
  • Unoptomized burst damage

I’d be far more valuable on my rifle/gs war who has more damage and stronger burst, can cleave, and has on point holding potential. He’s also more mobile.

In terms of a power shatter mesmer, I do feel PU is the only way to make it sustainable as you really do need to stay hidden and untargatable when you’re not explicitly bursting. If you are visible, you’re going to be targeted hard and torn to pieces.

Oh and traited manipulations will be the death of a PU mesmer. Reflect is not your friend.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

If we’re talking PvP here (which the build editor shows) the clear choice for power shatter is chrono.

The issue with power shatter on core mesmer is illusion uptime, even if you were to take Illusions. This is especially pronounced when not taking DE. IMO chrono power shatter eclipses core mesmer by a long shot. Reason being:

1. You have a substantially weaker elite with core vs chrono.
  2. You have alacrity with chrono which vastly lowers your shatter CD’s which = more damage.
  3. CS which honestly seals the deal if it wasn’t already. Used with either moa or gravity well, of course devastating.

If you really wanted to keep the mantra flavor in a chrono build (albeit without harmonious mantras), you go dom/insp/chrono.

Full ham power shatter, the best currently possible is without a doubt dom/duel/chrono. You have so much illusion uptime and very short CD’s on shatters due to alacrity. You will pump out much more damage over time than any core mesmer build. Oh, and sw/sh-GS is a must.

If we’re talking WvW I definitely agree about PU.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

If we’re talking PvP here (which the build editor shows) the clear choice for power shatter is chrono.

The issue with power shatter on core mesmer is illusion uptime, even if you were to take Illusions. This is especially pronounced when not taking DE. IMO chrono power shatter eclipses core mesmer by a long shot. Reason being:

1. You have a substantially weaker elite with core vs chrono.
  2. You have alacrity with chrono which vastly lowers your shatter CD’s which = more damage.
  3. CS which honestly seals the deal if it wasn’t already. Used with either moa or gravity well, of course devastating.

If you really wanted to keep the mantra flavor in a chrono build (albeit without harmonious mantras), you go dom/insp/chrono.

Full ham power shatter, the best currently possible is without a doubt dom/duel/chrono. You have so much illusion uptime and very short CD’s on shatters due to alacrity. You will pump out much more damage over time than any core mesmer build. Oh, and sw/sh-GS is a must.

If we’re talking WvW I definitely agree about PU.

I second Skcamcow. There is no comparison between chrono and core in this regard. None. The difference is so dramatic you might as well be talking about two different classes.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8fl0nha0YJawRNwtGLnGV90etbb5IsCJAZAsALHA-TpRBABTcQAIrMQR7PAwFAQjjAgxPAAA

Mind Wrack can hit over 5k each illusion, very powerful.

I dub it the “Mantra Stunl0ck Haxburst Build Now With CS™” build!

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Habitax.8124

Habitax.8124

I run a very succesful chrono – PowerShatter build .. but it is a trade secret. I dont run the standard power/shatter utilities. It can be done, you just need to think outside the box. I have played GW2 from launch and main on mesmer. I have played both Meta Condi for 2 years and Power Shatter about the same. I enjoy power shatter much more. Faster game play and big burst.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I run a very succesful chrono – PowerShatter build .. but it is a trade secret.

lol

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I’ve been messing around with a Power Shatter GS/Signet build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8ensICNohVoBmpBMrhFVjiMAGhiruZj2q98JWipD-TpQSABtWGAg9HAA

The point is basically to provide Distortion as a form of defense while in GS, and capitalize on the synergies in Inspiration. Inspiration not only gives you the ability to share 1 second of Distortion with your team and illusions (300 radius), but also adds an extra Distortion on a 24 second timer via Illusionary Inspiration when you summon a Phantasm. (Which can also be doubled up on using CS.)

I chose Midnight and Domination Signets for their instant/fast cast times and low CD in the case of Midnight. (Midnight is also a stun break and a decent AoE debuff .) Each Signet use also clears a Condition, which is also pretty nice even with Inspiration, because I use Signet of Ether as my heal (long CD) and no Signet of Illusions. (Too slow cast time and long CD to fit the nature of this build IMO.)

I put a Sigil of Paralyzation on GS to make Dominations Stun effect last 3.9 seconds, which is quite nasty.

While this by no means turns you into a tanking powerhouse, you can often achieve some pretty ridiculous results when you get your rotations right. Your biggest fear of course is being locked down with no Stun break up, but the point is not to turn you into a point-holding machine, but rather enable you to more safely do your “in/out” rotations even when facing DH traps, Warrior bursts, and the other ridiculous AE crap that makes on-point fights for Mesmers such a PITA.

Damage is very solid with strong iZerkers and MWs.

I actually think that if I was a better Power Shatter Mesmer in general, I could actually make this work. There are moments where I just get wrecked and continue to pull my hair out, but others I know I’m causing the same feeling right back to enemies with a constant chain of Distortions, Dodges, Blocks, and BFs. (Plus you have Moa on 144 second CD and that 3.9 second Stun on a 36 second CD as fight-changing abilities to boot.)

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I’ve been messing around with a Power Shatter GS/Signet build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8ensICNohVoBmpBMrhFVjiMAGhiruZj2q98JWipD-TpQSABtWGAg9HAA

The point is basically to provide Distortion as a form of defense while in GS, and capitalize on the synergies in Inspiration. Inspiration not only gives you the ability to share 1 second of Distortion with your team and illusions (300 radius), but also adds an extra Distortion on a 24 second timer via Illusionary Inspiration when you summon a Phantasm. (Which can also be doubled up on using CS.)

I chose Midnight and Domination Signets for their instant/fast cast times and low CD in the case of Midnight. (Midnight is also a stun break and a decent AoE debuff .) Each Signet use also clears a Condition, which is also pretty nice even with Inspiration, because I use Signet of Ether as my heal (long CD) and no Signet of Illusions. (Too slow cast time and long CD to fit the nature of this build IMO.)

I put a Sigil of Paralyzation on GS to make Dominations Stun effect last 3.9 seconds, which is quite nasty.

While this by no means turns you into a tanking powerhouse, you can often achieve some pretty ridiculous results when you get your rotations right. Your biggest fear of course is being locked down with no Stun break up, but the point is not to turn you into a point-holding machine, but rather enable you to more safely do your “in/out” rotations even when facing DH traps, Warrior bursts, and the other ridiculous AE crap that makes on-point fights for Mesmers such a PITA.

Damage is very solid with strong iZerkers and MWs.

I actually think that if I was a better Power Shatter Mesmer in general, I could actually make this work. There are moments where I just get wrecked and continue to pull my hair out, but others I know I’m causing the same feeling right back to enemies with a constant chain of Distortions, Dodges, Blocks, and BFs. (Plus you have Moa on 144 second CD and that 3.9 second Stun on a 36 second CD as fight-changing abilities to boot.)

Ahhh, the fabled “decap Mesmer” build. Similar to the decap engie build, this build is extremely effective at decapping points. Unlike the decap engie build, it actually decaps points that your team already owns…

But seriously, don’t do this unless you’re extraordinarily careful about your positioning and skill usage. It takes only 5 seconds to decap a point, so every time you share on-point distortion you’ve successfully gotten 20% of a decap for your team. Yeah, the distortion is great defense, but somehow I doubt your team will appreciate it much if they lose the point every time you come to help.

Burst dmg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

lol good point…

;-)

Kittenit Fay, you always have to ruin the fun with facts and kitten! ;-)

It is pretty fun against bad Thieves, DHs and such…hmm back to the drawing board, maybe no Inspiration after all. ;-)

(edited by Windwalker.7421)