Cautiously Excited

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

I’m finding myself slightly nervous to test out Mirage. I am hoping for a spec that brings Mesmer DPS up to par with other classes in a PvE environment. I’ve never felt super useful to a group as a Power Mesmer main. I miss that feel of the Domination line from GW1 where you were doing spiky, unexpected, direct damage to a foe. Anyone else have similar thoughts? I know axe is ver condi focused but I’m hopeful that Power gets a boost from this elite spec as well.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I just hope that the post-sale nerf isn’t too strong.

Mesmerising Girl

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I imagine it will very much depend on the Mirage Cloak skills for sword and GS. I’m hoping the sword is something with a nice spike at least.

Gandara

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I imagine it will very much depend on the Mirage Cloak skills for sword and GS. I’m hoping the sword is something with a nice spike at least.

They are both terrible and do less damage then the autos of the weapon.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

They are both terrible and do less damage then the autos of the weapon.

Yup, pretty much; https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirage_Thrust & https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Split_Surge

Looks like i’ll be sticking to Scepter and Axe.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yea, those sword and GS ambush skills are extremely underwhelming. I get that they want to push us towards a condition build (though I don’t know why), but those skills are not nearly strong enough to be a DPS power spec. And sword’s ambush doesn’t make sense, is each clone going to summon yet another clone when it uses this skill? Will they replace themselves with the new clone? How is that going to work?

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

The sword leap will be nice though – hopefully it’s very quick and that daze can be actually useful.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yea, those sword and GS ambush skills are extremely underwhelming. I get that they want to push us towards a condition build (though I don’t know why), but those skills are not nearly strong enough to be a DPS power spec. And sword’s ambush doesn’t make sense, is each clone going to summon yet another clone when it uses this skill? Will they replace themselves with the new clone? How is that going to work?

That’s a good question – will Sword clones essentially duplicate themselves if Infinite Horizon is traited? At least we’ll know in a couple of days.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

That’s a good question – will Sword clones essentially duplicate themselves if Infinite Horizon is traited? At least we’ll know in a couple of days.

Scepter clones don’t pop out new clones. Obviously the sword clones will just leap and daze, they don’t self-multiply unless it’s bugged.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Scepter clones don’t pop out new clones. Obviously the sword clones will just leap and daze, they don’t self-multiply unless it’s bugged.

Makes sense.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

What part of “Infinite” don’t you get /jk

Mirage DPS HYPE

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Scepter clones also only use ether bolt, they don’t use teh full chain. So they never use a skill that summons a clone.

The sword ambush skill is unprecedented in that, afaik, its the first skill our clones will ever use that is also supposed to summon another clone. Also, will the clone that we summon with this skill then perform the ambush attack and be summoned with mirage cloak as well?

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Scepter clones also only use ether bolt, they don’t use teh full chain. So they never use a skill that summons a clone.

The sword ambush skill is unprecedented in that, afaik, its the first skill our clones will ever use that is also supposed to summon another clone. Also, will the clone that we summon with this skill then perform the ambush attack and be summoned with mirage cloak as well?

Unlikely. The trait is probably coded to apply mirage cloak when we gain it, it won’t be continually checking to see if the status exists.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Title is pretty much par for the course with this game.

Mirage Thrust is pretty disappointing 3/4 cast for a 1/4 daze and damage similar to our already awful auto attack? Lol okay… Could have been cool with confounding suggestions, but it’s useless with infinite horizon.

Split Surge sitting st 1.2 is awful. It should have been at LEAST 1.9 – 2.2 to be decent. Which is dumb since Eather Barrage is the same channel time, same range, has a defensive blink, applies torment and confusion, and is 2.0

Not that I’m knocking scepter but who thought this is ok for GS? I guess you can argue it can point blank cleave… but a one off point blank cleave for awful damage isn’t worth anything.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Title is pretty much par for the course with this game.

Mirage Thrust is pretty disappointing 3/4 cast for a 1/4 daze and damage similar to our already awful auto attack? Lol okay… Could have been cool with confounding suggestions, but it’s useless with infinite horizon.

Split Surge sitting st 1.2 is awful. It should have been at LEAST 1.9 – 2.2 to be decent. Which is dumb since Eather Barrage is the same channel time, same range, has a defensive blink, applies torment and confusion, and is 2.0

Not that I’m knocking scepter but who thought this is ok for GS? I guess you can argue it can point blank cleave… but a one off point blank cleave for awful damage isn’t worth anything.

Yeah, I’m honestly surprised by how blatantly awful the GS ambush attack is. Anyone with even a basic understanding of mesmer skills or general skill balance can see that immediately.

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

I’m no longer surprised that they gave us another awful GS skill. If they cared about that weapon at all they would have revamped it by now. Sword does surprise me though, since its supposed to be our heavy hitting weapon, if only by omission (absolutely no other viable options). So getting such a kittenty ambush attack really sucks. It should at least be 1/4 sec cast time. The daze is no reason for a 3/4 sec cast considering how many instant dazes are available in this game now

Cautiously Excited

in Mesmer

Posted by: GLaDOS.5897

GLaDOS.5897

I am worried that so far, 4 out of 7 of our ambush skills have a cast time longer than the Mirage Cloak duration. Easy targets for interrupts :/

Taaun We – Vizunah Square (EUW/FR)