Changing Maim the Disillusioned Elite

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loki.8034

Loki.8034

Since the patch I have been tinkering condition centric based on iE. I have been using 2/4/2/0/4 and the last 2 points can be used anywhere but I feel to make this build complete is making Maim the Disillusioned apply on clone death.

I feel this elite is underused and compared to IP does less damage. This elite should be about the condition damage than the direct damage.

Also this will change the current PU meta.

Thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Highly unlikely to happen, as ANet deliberately nerfed Clone death builds in this last patch. It would be a bit OPd in combination with other CD abilities.

MtD works “OK” for Condie-Shatter builds, but one of the biggest drawbacks of Condie Shatter vs. Power Shatter is that Mind Wrack has a very low CD of 11s, but your most valuable shatter for C-Shatter is F2 CoF, which has over double the CD.

Since investing into MtD pretty much amounts to committing to the C-Shatter play-style, I think it would be a good idea to have MtD significantly lower the CD for just F2/CoF. (25-33%)

I really don’t see MtD getting more Torment stacks, and I think it’s intent is to allow for C-Shatter builds, which personally I think is good for build diversity. However, the recent boost to it did little to make either MtD or the C-Shatter spec completely viable. It’s not entirely terrible, mind you, but it’s really almost always inferior to spec MtD over IP, even for C-Shatter builds. There is just too much utility in IP that MtD completely lacks, and it doesn’t even really bring significantly more damage either to make up for that.

With IP even in a C-Shatter build you get 1 extra stack of Confusion and Might on every shatter, you get instant access to F3 & F4 shatters w/o the need for clones, and op top of all of that your F1 and F2 shatters do more damage if you’re in melee range of the target(s).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

I farmed full Celestial to run hybrid shatter with damage from mind wrack, MtD, etc. It does almost the same damage as power shatter build(/w half zerk/half soldier) IF you get bonus damage from torment and IF you get procs from confusion. The real problem is that the bonus damage from torment requires them to be moving and confusion requires them to be attacking so there are several instances where conditions are do less or none of the damage you wanted them to.

While MtD has made condi-shatter more viable. There’s no real advantage from doing 90% damage 3-6 seconds later over 100% damage now, let the fact that this damage is easily negated with utilities/traits that cleanse.

Also what Windwalker said about F2 being twice the cooldown of mindwrack, and IP giving instant access/an extra second of F3 & F4.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

No thanks to more clone death traits. Prefer it to not be activated passively.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

(edited by Neptune.2570)

in Mesmer

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

While MtD has made condi-shatter more viable. There’s no real advantage from doing 90% damage 3-6 seconds later over 100% damage now, let the fact that this damage is easily negated with utilities/traits that cleanse.

Also what Windwalker said about F2 being twice the cooldown of mindwrack, and IP giving instant access/an extra second of F3 & F4.

And with c-shatter it is a really huge tell to “cleanse now!” when the opponent sees the shatter happen. They should know you are going to be out of clones for at least a few seconds and they can go all out offense while that ramps up again.