Chaos Bunker—A Conquest Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I published this build recently and am asking for some thoughts on it. Kind of a downer of a build, but it has a more active playstyle than its previous counterpart since you need to kite more, although it does do more damage than the one from S1. A fair tradeoff, I think.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Chaos_Bunker

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Just glanced over it. Why take Water Runes but Signet of Ether? Seems to lack synergy, and I don’t think the Phantasm/Shied4 reset is going to be worth it.

If I was going to be selfish about healing, I would go with traited Mirror as my heal, and take advantage of the Water Runes heal proc every 12 seconds. (That’s should amount to well over 6k healed every 12 seconds, plus 4 seconds of reflection. And ofc more AE condie cleanses as well.)

As mentioned in the build, Well of Eternity would be a better option as well IMO. More group friendly with the big AoE heal, more AoE condie cleanses, shorter CD, fast cast time and another 2 seconds of AoE Alacrity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i would take WoE combined with descent into madness trait
every time i use heal skill i will get chaos storm on me so more eagis and retaliation. the healing is 10k so use it below 11k hp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Skill choices are not good.

Well of eternity and signet of illusion are better.

in Mesmer

Abelisk.4527

Okay, changing the heal.

I did indeed run Well of Eternity last season, not Signet, but thought it would be a nice choice because of the disenchanter spam.

Signet of Illusions would make a good choice I suppose, more boons and condition cleansing as well as unsuspected burst (plus more heals), but well of precog is a much-needed stun break/group block/endurance recover on a relatively short CD (shorter than Signet of Illu at least) which gives 2 seconds of Alacrity (3 to yourself)

Phantasmal Disenchanter is also a valuable utility because of the boon strip and condi cleanse. It basically replaces the condi cleanse for Signet of Illusions as well as providing boonstrip on a really short CD (20 seconds).

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Okay, changing the heal.

I did indeed run Well of Eternity last season, not Signet, but thought it would be a nice choice because of the disenchanter spam.

Signet of Illusions would make a good choice I suppose, more boons and condition cleansing as well as unsuspected burst (plus more heals), but well of precog is a much-needed stun break/group block/endurance recover on a relatively short CD (shorter than Signet of Illu at least) which gives 2 seconds of Alacrity (3 to yourself)

Phantasmal Disenchanter is also a valuable utility because of the boon strip and condi cleanse. It basically replaces the condi cleanse for Signet of Illusions as well as providing boonstrip on a really short CD (20 seconds).

Yeah, I can understand signet of illusion might be a bit too risky to run as you give up stun break. I was assuming you have enough stab through shatter. But it is always good to have an ‘oh kitten’ button.

I still don’t quite like well of precog though. Aegis every second is not a strong effect. I might still prefer blink as a stunbreaker and mobility tool.

I definitely like the choice of phantasmal disenchanter.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

you dont need stun break if you know how to use stability shatter, block, evade.
if you take phantasm skill you dont need SoI. but more shatters is always nice.
portal is not a must as you group oriented with semi support. you wont be able to kill so you wont rush into 1v1 while they have the cap.
you more likely try to do 1v2 with kite so your team have the chance to do 4v3 and win it.

in Mesmer

Abelisk.4527

What if a Necro or Mesmer (or someone w/ Sigil of Annulment) kills your stability? Use a stunbreak.
What if a point you own is constantly being decapped by a Thief? Use Portal.
The build does kill, although not all the time especially against tanky specs.

Also I use precog as a safe haven on its own because of its blocks. 3 blocks is a lot, especially since it can facetank bursts. Not as much as 3 seconds of Blur but at least it doesn’t prevent cap-point contribution.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

What if a Necro or Mesmer (or someone w/ Sigil of Annulment) kills your stability? Use a stunbreak.
What if a point you own is constantly being decapped by a Thief? Use Portal.
The build does kill, although not all the time especially against tanky specs.

Also I use precog as a safe haven on its own because of its blocks. 3 blocks is a lot, especially since it can facetank bursts. Not as much as 3 seconds of Blur but at least it doesn’t prevent cap-point contribution.

with necro you need condi removal as fear is condition
with mesmer you dont need stability much as you both use the same weapon sets so predict his moves.

stability is use versus warrior , engi, ranger, condi rev and ele in some cases.

if you remember the original bunker build it didnt use WoP

so what is your role in the game

at the opening would you run close and hold it? or you run far try to prolong the cap point? if far than yo dont need portal that much as you dont use it to move forces with you as you play mostly alone.
if the enemy team dont have thief i would drop portal. but thief can out rotate you faster or juke you to use your portal and lose 72 sec .
dont know if its a must as if you can handle yourself with 1v2 the whole fight you dont need portal

in Mesmer

Abelisk.4527

With this build you don’t run far and sit there all game. You need to rotate a lot to support allies and bunker, that is your role. You’re basically a bunker bruiser with some support, offense, and bunkering.

Portal is extremely important because let’s say you go far, win the 1v1 and cap the point.

Then you go mid to help the teamfight. Far becomes contested, so you port back to it and bunker the point so the enemy team doesn’t decap it.

Let me say this: Portal is the only reason I was able to climb so high up last season, coupled with the tankiness from this build.

The main reason WoP wasn’t used was because Well of Recall was better before Alacrity was nerfed and the Blur from WoP made you lose a point. It worked in Stronghold especially when you’re defending lord or attacking their lord but in conquest WoP works because Alacrity isn’t as good as it used to be, and you no longer need to worry about losing the point because of blur.