Chaotic Transference

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Can exchange it for accuracy rather than toughness?

The stat Sinister and now the Viper, are not very profitable for mesmer condition, because, Chaotic Transference is with toughness, and not with accurate. On the other hand, the necro have a trait that their 13% of your accurate is transform on damage condition, it is very good, the mesmer need something like that, as we only have one trait for transform damage condition.

Add Chaotic Transference with accurate or power, their 13% of accurate or power is transform on damage condition, with it, the mesmer get good with the stat Sinister or Viper.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

It works just fine for Settler, Rabid, etc.; and Chaos is meant to be the defence/boon spec.

So no.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Well, it does not make me no grace, i dont like that chaotic transference is with toughness and i dont think that trait is to be a defensive, I hope they change, and make it a more dps focus for combine with stat Sinister or Viper, because Rabid or Settler is little dps with conditions, when other profession have a trait that transference of % of accurate is damage conditions and so is good, addition, “accurate” always to be with traits of transference of dama condition, for combine good with all stat of damage condition, choose various options, no only alzar with toughness when other profession have trait with “accurate”

It is quite annoying to see the stat Viper and see that is not profitable because “Chaotic Transference” use toughness and not “accurate”, when the Necro, for example use their 13% of “Accurate” on damage condition, with that stat Viper, is very very powerfull on damage condition.

Other profession also use % of “accurate” for damage condition

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

The stat conversations are line specific. Precision doesnt belong in the chaos line.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Nothing, I see you are not interested in anything, stay with his toughness and his berserker and not support anything mesmer “condition”, stat viper or sinister little usable, only rabid is profitable.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

It is quite annoying to see the stat Viper and see that is not profitable because “Chaotic Transference” use toughness and not “accurate”, when the Necro, for example use their 13% of “Accurate” on damage condition, with that stat Viper, is very very powerfull on damage condition.

You’re comparing trait lines that serve different purposes though. For a Mesmer Chaos emphasizes Toughness and Boon acquisition so it makes sense that our % conversion is based on Toughness rather than, in your example, Necro’s whose % conversion in based off of Precision. In the Necro’s case that trait is found under Curses which promote Critical strikes and Conditions.

In other words, Chaos is meant to be defensive (thus promoting Toughness) while Curses is meant to be offensive (promoting Precision and Conditions usage).

Elementalists are a great example of trait line themes as they have two % conversions for Condition Damage. The Fire trait line is more offensively oriented and has Power Overwhelming which converts Power in Condition Damage. Earth is more geared towards defense and offers Strength of Stone which converts Toughness into Conditions Damage.

Do I agree with the Mesmer’s Chaotic Transference trait conversion? Not really, I think it’s rather odd. But then again, I chose to play Mesmer which means it’s up to me to figure out how things work together. If a particular % conversion was that big deal to me I’d go play the class that offers that trait that I want.

(edited by savacli.8172)

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The viper is a very glassy hybrid stat combination. If you want more damage, chaos is probably not the line to go. If you want more defense, chaos is great, but then you can probably run chaotic dampening or mirror of anguish.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I could see a case being made for adding a precision→ condition trait in Dueling, given that condi support is already heavily built-in to Dueling. Replacing Evasive Mirror, perhaps.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I what I want more damage condition, the necro can over “2k points of conditions” damage accumulation condition, and the mesmer can not get there “2k points of damage conditions” (only 1,7k or 1.8k points), hence why I propose this, because when i play with necro (in pve), i notice more dps on conditions in little seconds, and with the mesmer, i have to do more, using shatter for to go accumulate damage conditions, and still, not go reach dps of the necro with conditions, and is very tiresome, in “PVP” does not it perhaps missing, but en pve yes, for this I said that change.

A exchange of trait are fair, exchange the traits “Evasive Mirror” (Duels Train line) instead “Chaotic Transfer”, and adding “Chaotic Transfer” with % accurate on damge condition.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I could see a case being made for adding a precision-> condition trait in Dueling, given that condi support is already heavily built-in to Dueling. Replacing Evasive Mirror, perhaps.

You was faster than me, we had the same thought. ;D

At least someone is on my side

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

I what I want more damage condition, the necro can over “2k points of conditions” damage accumulation condition, and the mesmer can not get there “2k points of damage conditions” (only 1,7k or 1.8k points), hence why I propose this, because when i play with necro (in pve), i notice more dps on conditions in little seconds, and with the mesmer, i have to do more, using shatter for to go accumulate damage conditions, and still, not go reach dps of the necro with conditions, and is very tiresome, in “PVP” does not it perhaps missing, but en pve yes, for this I said that change.

A exchange of trait are fair, exchange the traits “Evasive Mirror” (Duels Train line) instead “Chaotic Transfer”, and adding “Chaotic Transfer” with % accurate on damge condition.

Why not just leave Chaotic Transference where it is?

Do we really need Evasive Mirror?
Blinding Dissipation is generally considered superior for pvp, and the personal limitation on EM’s reflects is actually pretty weak for pve (many reflectable bosses aren’t even affected).
Most mesmers who want some reflects for pvp use Master of Manipulation+Blink, or slot Mirror (or both).
While I realize there are likely some folks who prefer Evasive Mirror, we’re not exactly hurting for reflect sources (MoM, feedback, Mirror, Focus), we’re not hurting for improved evades (Ineptitude), and even the same tier has a strong anti-attack pvp trait (Blinding Dissipation) that competes with Evasive Mirror as it is.

I just don’t think it will be much of a loss.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

I could see a case being made for adding a precision-> condition trait in Dueling, given that condi support is already heavily built-in to Dueling. Replacing Evasive Mirror, perhaps.

You was faster than me, we had the same thought. ;D

At least someone is on my side

Sinister already hinted at it, but Viper confirmed it: the devs are interested in strengthening hybrid build potential. Meanwhile, a strong chunk of mesmer condition support is locked behind a non-hybrid trait, but non-hybrid condi mesmer has been consistently nerfed.

A precision→condition or power→condition trait is right in line with the direction they’ve been going.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Why not just leave Chaotic Transference where it is?

Do we really need Evasive Mirror?
Blinding Dissipation is generally considered superior for pvp, and the personal limitation on EM’s reflects is actually pretty weak for pve (many reflectable bosses aren’t even affected).
Most mesmers who want some reflects for pvp use Master of Manipulation+Blink, or slot Mirror (or both).
While I realize there are likely some folks who prefer Evasive Mirror, we’re not exactly hurting for reflect sources (MoM, feedback, Mirror, Focus), we’re not hurting for improved evades (Ineptitude), and even the same tier has a strong anti-attack pvp trait (Blinding Dissipation) that competes with Evasive Mirror as it is.

I just don’t think it will be much of a loss.

Evasive mirror has its uses during extended combat with ranged characters. Its not that we are hurting for reflects. Its that for dragons hunters you don’t want to get close enough to blind with a shatter.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I hope, they make that change the trait, at least in the trait “duels”, there is a trait % “accurate” is transfer a damage conditions, so if we can use the stat of Viper or Sinister very well

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’m too lazy to go double check every class to check if it was actaully every trait but a lot of the ’stat x gains % of stat y ’ got added effects in the June patch. So adding something to make it a bit more appealing might help. Maybe combine it with Evasive Mirror, put the precision to condition trait in the now empty slot like suggested but also add confusing combatants to that trait as well.

Or add some source of burning to one of them so I can have my Sinister/Vipers/Whatever high dps pve build.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Evasive mirror has its uses during extended combat with ranged characters. Its not that we are hurting for reflects. Its that for dragons hunters you don’t want to get close enough to blind with a shatter.

I realize that, but it’s not like we’re out of options to deal with Dragonhunters. Ineptitude applies blind on evade, and we agree that we have plenty of other reflect sources to fall back on.
I’m simply saying that the loss of this particular tool wouldn’t be all that much of a loss, while a precision→condi trait would go a long way to making hybrid condi a viable build, without cutting off the existing condi builds at the knees.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

I’m too lazy to go double check every class to check if it was actaully every trait but a lot of the ’stat x gains % of stat y ’ got added effects in the June patch. So adding something to make it a bit more appealing might help. Maybe combine it with Evasive Mirror, put the precision to condition trait in the now empty slot like suggested but also add confusing combatants to that trait as well.

The only one of those traits that does so is in Necro Curses, and it’s a grandmaster minor (13% prec→condi, +2% crit chance per condi on the target).

You may be thinking of the +150 condi damage traits. There are several of those, and they all have a secondary effect.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

There’s instinctive reaction for Ranger, Retributive Armour on Guardian and Mass Momentum on scrapper. Still less then I thought there was though.

I’m still going to demand burning be added to all our traits.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

I realize that, but it’s not like we’re out of options to deal with Dragonhunters. Ineptitude applies blind on evade, and we agree that we have plenty of other reflect sources to fall back on.
I’m simply saying that the loss of this particular tool wouldn’t be all that much of a loss, while a precision->condi trait would go a long way to making hybrid condi a viable build, without cutting off the existing condi builds at the knees.

Just because you don’t see value in a trait doesn’t mean it’s worthless. Chaos also had to use the trait to see its value.

I’m not giving up powerful utility for something I could get from a battle sigil.

I don’t see where you get off saying hybrid isn’t viable unless you are talking about PvE. Which was just given a boost in that staff clones live longer.

Please don’t use viable when you mean meta or say things about knees, it just makes you seem like the common exaggerators who infest this forum.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Just because you don’t see value in a trait doesn’t mean it’s worthless. Chaos also had to use the trait to see its value.

I’m not giving up powerful utility for something I could get from a battle sigil.

I don’t see where you get off saying hybrid isn’t viable unless you are talking about PvE. Which was just given a boost in that staff clones live longer.

Please don’t use viable when you mean meta or say things about knees, it just makes you seem like the common exaggerators who infest this forum.

I am definitely talking about PvE.
And I’m certainly not calling it worthless. I’m saying that it’s not as important.
In Fantasy football (first year playing, hah), it would be equivalent to downgrading your Wide Receiver slightly in order to upgrade your Tight End significantly.

It’s useful, but it’s not the only option for the counterplay it enables. I’m suggesting that if we swap it out, it wouldn’t make any currently viable/meta builds unviable/nonmeta, but it could make currently nonviable/nonmeta builds viable/meta, albeit in a different segment of the game.
And that’s exactly the kind of tradeoff that I’m all for.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

I am definitely talking about PvE.
And I’m certainly not calling it worthless. I’m saying that it’s not as important.
In Fantasy football (first year playing, hah), it would be equivalent to downgrading your Wide Receiver slightly in order to upgrade your Tight End significantly.

It’s useful, but it’s not the only option for the counterplay it enables. I’m suggesting that if we swap it out, it wouldn’t make any currently viable/meta builds unviable/nonmeta, but it could make currently nonviable/nonmeta builds viable/meta, albeit in a different segment of the game.
And that’s exactly the kind of tradeoff that I’m all for.

The number of builds and situations where reflection is useful eclipses the number where 150 conditions damage is a must. The multiple sources we have can be taken together to provide high reflection uptime, or separately because we don’t have as single trait line providing this bonus.

Hybrid condi will never be meta because we don’t have better access to burn. And because our main condis require actions to have increased damage.

Damage is not a balanced solution. Any increase in stats that make torment/confusion usable in PvE will be too OP in PvP/WvW.

We need taunt. It we had reliable taunt then we would be on the same damage tier as burn users. We need the enemy to move and attack.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Hybrid condi will never be meta because we don’t have better access to burn. And because our main condis require actions to have increased damage.

Hybrid condi will never be meta because some people cry foul every time someone suggests a way to improve the situation for it.
(hint, you’re channeling those people right now).

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Hybrid condi will never be meta because some people cry foul every time someone suggests a way to improve the situation for it.
(hint, you’re channeling those people right now).

Damage increases in PvE will just make it OP in PvP and WvW where the enemy players will move and attack. If my math is right then a stack of confusion and a stack of torment together do more damage than a stack of burn on a player that is moving and attacking.

We need taunt.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Or they could split PvP and PvE balance like players from both sides have been asking.

Or even better they can scrap PvP.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sombrero.9204

Sombrero.9204

Just stop seeing the Mesmer as a glass cannon damage dealer and start considering his HUGE supprortive possibilites for once. The mesmer has a lot of way to interrupt, cc, debuff, buff, move people and things around. If you want a glass cannon go for a Thief. I don’t see why this trait is an issue I run for a mixxed rabid stuff and I’m fine with it.

My biggest problem is more about having ONE stat for conditions while THREE for raw damage. If only the condi duration was implemented properly to HOT and not very weirld on some stuf with super odd stats combinations and awful materials list to craft it.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I don’t really agree with the OP on Precisio-based Chaotic Transference, but I do think this trait needs a lot more to be a viable trait. Of course Mirror of Anguish needs a fat CD reduction too, but Chaotic Transference is probably even weaker than MoA.

Actually, it should probably just be a flat +300 Condition Damage. That would be a good compromise to the OP point, and the fact that even with Toughness stat the scaling on Condition Damage is just too poor for this trait to be worthwhile taking. (Especially as long as it competes with Chaotic Dampening. Condition builds are very likely to run Staff, and CD is just a way better investment than CT.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Or they could split PvP and PvE balance like players from both sides have been asking.

Or even better they can scrap PvP.

Yep. Cutting sPvP from GW2 and making it a separate game would be a really nice move. Alas, quite unlikely.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Chaotic Transference

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Levetty just because you don’t like pvp doesn’t mean it should be removed.

All Anet needs to do like they proved they can is to tune each game type separately, since they proved they can change revealed on thieves in Spvp compared to Pve and Wvw, then it would be truly balanced, instead of balancing the whole game around Spvp

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)