Chilled slowing down casting times intended?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Nothing can ruin your day more when you are out of condition removals (if you have any at all) than getting chilled. Now that Necros will have more access to Chill I was wondering if one of its effects is intended or not.

At the moment I play a lot of sPvP and I noticed that not only does Chilled reduce movement speed and skill recharge speed, but also casting speed (effectively what the new Slow condition is suppose to do).

Is this intended?

The Wiki description of Chilled is:

“Chilled characters appear blue tinted and move 66% slower. While chilled, skill cooldowns additionally progress at a 66% slower rate; i.e. for every 3 seconds chilled, only 1 second of cooldown will have expired. "

Note no mention of slower casting times, unless movement includes casting times, though usually this refers to character terrain movement speed.

I did make a thread on this is in general discussion about 2 weeks ago, but no one seemed to know the answer to this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

You got video proof of this?

Slow (not yet in game) is intended to slow down cast times/animations, Chill should only effect cooldowns and movement.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

No I don’t have video proof of this, but it is easily testable by anyone. I’ve observed this at different times in spvp. I’m chilled and activate a skill not on cd but the casting time is significantly longer. After encountering this in different matches I checked on what effects Chilled is supposed to have, thinking it a bit odd that a condition essentially has 3 detrimental effects associated with it.

Yep slow isn’t in-game yet hence the question if this is intended or not, or if there is some other reason why this is happening. The overall effect of being chilled is very much like skill lag (but the game doesn’t lag when it wears off or is removed).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

When you use sword 3 leap, the skill is slower because the cooldown timer before you can swap with the clone increases. Otherwise as far as i know chill doesn’t slow casting.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on