Chrono Bruiser redux?

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I’ve been playing the classic chaos/insp/chrono build but with Diviner amulet for the crazy boon duration.

With just battle sigils on each weapon set, bountiful disillusionment and random staff AA procs, you can keep 15 stacks of might on yourself reliably in active fights. Add to that all the other BD/staff boons plus perma protection from chaotic dampening and you have a pretty stalwart on point fighter.

I took a page from messiah’s experiments with radiance rune and added that to the mix, giving decent vitality and high uptime on chaos armor which just means more protection.

Take illusionary inspiration and you have a pretty solid boon share option to go with good damage and sustain. It’s great being able to do marauder level damage but with more sustain than marauder due to the perma boons.

Been having a lot of fun with it of late. Anyone else been trying something similar?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Back during season 3 before I remembered that PvP in this game is a waste of time, I mostly played Dom/chaos/chrono full interrupt bruiser with some tanky amulet and tankier runes (can’t remember what exactly). It worked rather well for me as long as the other team didn’t have so much boon stacking that I couldn’t strip stability.

The buffs from the patch will have made that build significantly better. I used MoD, blink, and something generally, relying on the well heal for condie cleanse. You could probably bring resolve for more cleanse now, and the sustain nerfs mean you’ll have an easier time taking out tempests and scrappers.

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i tried it (you took my post lol)
the problem is too squishy with no armor so thief can gank you hard fast and easy even under protection

so far my boons sharing build need more tankiness so knight or paladin amulet

will post video with knight while testing boons removal (didnt share much boons with pugs team)

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is my bruiser support build. mainly support but due to less healing and more dmg i think i can be called bruiser

against heavy dmg comp go

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8encfClqhFoBGqBUrhlejyMAugM6cDKhQo+Ub1XF-TZxGABA8AAUuMQCHBAp3f4gLCAA

against heavy condi comp go

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8encfClqhFoBGqBUrhlejyMAugM6cDKhQo+Ub1XF-TZxGABJcEAA4BAgfZA43f4gLCAA

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Thief was the first thing that came to mind.

When you can’t pressure a thief back, they’re going to keep coming, and coming, and coming. Eventually you’ll go down.

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Back during season 3 before I remembered that PvP in this game is a waste of time, I mostly played Dom/chaos/chrono full interrupt bruiser with some tanky amulet and tankier runes (can’t remember what exactly). It worked rather well for me as long as the other team didn’t have so much boon stacking that I couldn’t strip stability.

Interesting, might have to give it a shot as long as I can keep a spot for portal.

i tried it (you took my post lol)
the problem is too squishy with no armor so thief can gank you hard fast and easy even under protection

Thief was the first thing that came to mind.

When you can’t pressure a thief back, they’re going to keep coming, and coming, and coming. Eventually you’ll go down.

@messiah, ha – seems you have a good variant as well.

I’ve found thief and rev are by far the most difficult, but I wouldn’t call it a hard counter or completely one sided if played well. I have enough damage to give them a scare and enough sustain to go toe to toe with them most of the time.

Still, running with 18k health is dangerous with no armor but the team support is pretty stellar.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Back during season 3 before I remembered that PvP in this game is a waste of time,

This made me smile
But let me ask you a question. In which other game pvp isn’t a wate of time, or aren’t games just a waste of time? I know, I should not be asking this in a game forum in the first place….

Oh well…

Chrono Bruiser redux?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Back during season 3 before I remembered that PvP in this game is a waste of time,

This made me smile
But let me ask you a question. In which other game pvp isn’t a wate of time, or aren’t games just a waste of time? I know, I should not be asking this in a game forum in the first place….

Oh well…

That’s probably relative to what you get out of it.

Like, I might expect a PvP to provide a challenging, fun, rewarding experience (all virtues in and of themselves). If Uncharted PvP provides that, but GW2 doesnt, well, there you go.

If you’re of a mind to think “Makes $$ = good use of time” you need to seriously rethink your life XD