Chrono Slow traits are underwhelming.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

The slow traits on Chrono are really underwhelming. Specifically Lost Time and Delayed Reactions. These two traits are never picked in PvP or PvE ever, since Shatter spam is better in PvP and Alacrity and Chrono Phantasma is almost mandatory on PvE.

If they would be competitive with the other traits… Hmmm why not add some flat damage on Lost Time? Like direct damage whenever you slow an enemy? Delayed Reactions also need some help but I think it’s fine as is for now. I see it’s use in PvP if Lost Time gets buffed I’d see how strong it would be. I wouldn’t really touch Danger Time since it has some niche use in PvE.

Edit: Seeing how strong this trait would be in PvE, maybe increase the ICD to 1s?

Mirage DPS HYPE

(edited by Refia Montes.3205)

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Here are my ideas for updating the slow related traits in the chrono line

• Delayed Reactions – Added effect, enemies that are slowed deal 7% less damage to you
  • Danger Time – Reduce the bonus crit chance to 20%, added effect deal 10% more damage to enemies that are slowed
  • Lost Time – Number of critical hits required to trigger reduced to 3. Now applies 1 sec of Quickness and alacrity to allies in a 360 unit radius around you when you slow an enemy, with an appropriate ICD on the quickness/alacrity application.

The change to delayed reactions isn’t necessary, since we can already trait interrupts to do some pretty serious kitten. But it would be nice to have since mesmer relies so heavily on active defenses

Danger time is a pretty huge buff, but if IA was also buffed slightly (say by giving you more damage while under the effects of alacrity or something) then it shouldn’t be so powerful so as to be the best in every situation.

Lost time changes just makes it useful. As it is now though it just sucks. Requiring 5 critical hits just to slow an enemy? 3 is more than enough.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Here are my ideas for updating the slow related traits in the chrono line

• Delayed Reactions – Added effect, enemies that are slowed deal 7% less damage to you
  • Danger Time – Reduce the bonus crit chance to 20%, added effect deal 10% more damage to enemies that are slowed
  • Lost Time – Number of critical hits required to trigger reduced to 3. Now applies 1 sec of Quickness and alacrity to allies in a 360 unit radius around you when you slow an enemy, with an appropriate ICD on the quickness/alacrity application.

The change to delayed reactions isn’t necessary, since we can already trait interrupts to do some pretty serious kitten. But it would be nice to have since mesmer relies so heavily on active defenses

Danger time is a pretty huge buff, but if IA was also buffed slightly (say by giving you more damage while under the effects of alacrity or something) then it shouldn’t be so powerful so as to be the best in every situation.

Lost time changes just makes it useful. As it is now though it just sucks. Requiring 5 critical hits just to slow an enemy? 3 is more than enough.

Ooh I like those changes, maybe instead on the delayed reactions make it so slow also applies weakness on an ICD?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Lost Time- It would be an interesting option if they just removed the kitten ICD! It really just kills its viability entirely. It would be fun being able to drop a feedback/AoE on a zerg in WvW and be able to spread slow the way Necros can spread Chill or perform a shatter burst combo and have all your crits actually count toward the counter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the problem is the chance for any of those trait to put perma or longer duration of slow.

but cause all of the cleanses out there it should be the BIG problem.

Delayed Reactions – good opening to start your slow chain or to maintain it as slow enemy is easier to interrupt. its doesnt need any change but you can give it an alacrity around you for 3 sec.

Danger Time – with 30% crit chance it could open up more build with valkyrie amulet or cavalier. combine with fury you can be maybe power build again with 210% crit dmg.
you can buff it also that slow enemy does 7%-15% less dmg to you. but not must

Lost Time – this is the tricky part. GS and sword hits 3 times so without cd you can maintain slow effect easily. so the solutions are

5 critical hits, slow is longer like 4 sec and put icd after it procs for 5 sec. which give the enemy the chance to cleanse and break your rhythm. also you will have to interrupt in order to prolong it or use your shield phantasm.

3 regular hits, slow is 2 sec and icd for 3 sec. this version enable you to start your slow rotation just from hits and not from interrupt.

this is the build i theorycraft around it

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsehmcfCEgilTjqcEWhEgMA2glrOar2uF-TpANgAA7PQXGAA

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

the problem is the chance for any of those trait to put perma or longer duration of slow.

Lost Time – this is the tricky part. GS and sword hits 3 times so without cd you can maintain slow effect easily.

I don’t see that as a problem. Especially since the slow/quickness nerfs, it really isn’t a powerful enough condition for that to be a concern.

Also, even if you could easily maintain 100% slow on someone, is that really more impactful than the traits you gave up?

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

I don’t see a problem with having 100% uptime on slow if you dedicate your entire elite spec line towards buffing your slow capabilities. That seems rather fair actually, you’re building a slow bot. Why shouldn’t it be capable of 100% uptime on slow?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I don’t see a problem with having 100% uptime on slow if you dedicate your entire elite spec line towards buffing your slow capabilities. That seems rather fair actually, you’re building a slow bot. Why shouldn’t it be capable of 100% uptime on slow?

This, I don’t see it being any stronger than a chill bot, in fact it very well may be weaker since chill hits movespeed AND CDs.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

Even without the ICD, I don’t really see it being picked over Chronophantasma. Slow is just one condition and you need to proc it with crits. Which means you will mostly be running this thing with a Power build, since you’ll need precision to crit (PvP). Because of running a power build you will not be applying that much cover conditions for your opponent to cleanse hence Slow can’t really be applied in long periods.

In PvE I see no use for the trait since applying disabling conditions is not really good and again we have Chronophantasma.

It needs changes that it could be picked over Chronophantasma in certain situations. Ori Ori’s suggestion on Lost Time is okay but I think it’s too strong imo. In PvE it will just make Mesmer use autos with a couple of Wells just to provide Quickness and in PvP it doesn’t really change anything tbh. And I think it kinda overlaps with Seize the Moment already, if it chooses to provide quickness as well.

The only thing that would make Lost Time good if it provided a damage boost/flat damage imo.

Mirage DPS HYPE

(edited by Refia Montes.3205)

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

If it has a reasonable ICD on the quickness application, say around 12 seconds, then you could only get 1/6 uptime on quickness via this trait, and that’s with 100% boon duration and hoping that you slow an enemy every 12 seconds exactly. That’s not going to turn the quickness rotation into auto attacking with a few wells, it will just make it easier to pull off. Even if the ICD on quickness and alacrity were 20 seconds, it would still provide a bit of a buffer, but not a very big one.

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

If it has a reasonable ICD on the quickness application, say around 12 seconds, then you could only get 1/6 uptime on quickness via this trait, and that’s with 100% boon duration and hoping that you slow an enemy every 12 seconds exactly. That’s not going to turn the quickness rotation into auto attacking with a few wells, it will just make it easier to pull off. Even if the ICD on quickness and alacrity were 20 seconds, it would still provide a bit of a buffer, but not a very big one.

True, but I still think it’s pretty redundant and in PvE it won’t really be picked over Chronophantasma’s utility, since good Chrono’s overcap quickness anyways with perfect rotations. In PvP it could work as a support build. Anyways putting up an ICD that long overcomplicates the skill. One part has an ICD while the other doesn’t.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Its not meant to replace chronophantasma (even though I really think that should go baseline and we should have a new GM trait for chrono), so much as to just round out our slow traits to make a slow build better. A slow build that can also generate a bit of quickness and alacrity for itself would have a lot of self synergy. If you look at my changes to lost time alone then yea, it doesn’t make much sense to do that. But when you look at all 3 traits together you now have a slow based build that:

• takes less damage from slowed enemies
  • Deals more damage to slowed enemies
  • Has more crit chance against slowed enemies
  • can apply slow via interrupts
  • Applies slow via crit hits
  • And can generate a bit of self quickness and alacrity via traits

All together it makes for a slow build. Whether there is any need or use for a slow build is a different problem, but these changes together make a build non garbage. Plus, chronomancer is the time mage, I don’t really see a problem with 2 GM traits that can apply quickness in different amounts and via different means. Seize the moment will still have better quickness application, especially in shatter builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I use all 3 of these traits on my chrono in wvw, with traited time warp.

in Mesmer

Refia Montes.3205

Yeah all three together. But I think Danger Time and Delayed Reactions are fine as is so I wouldn’t really touch them.

Mirage DPS HYPE