Chronomancer Build?

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Can’t seem to find a finished meta build, so what’s the placeholder build people are running.

For: PvE
Please include gear+ trinkets, crunched numbers if available – which I suspect it isn’t.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc8dnsICtqh9fCmfCUrhFVjiMAGhirsDKhBoOZn2qF-TxRBABXt/o8oQ9Diq+DZKxe4kAAwTAwMlgBAOAGuwFuwBrv+6rv+6N8wDP8wDPGg8A-e

You can swap focus to either shield or pistol when you don’t need more projectile destruction. You can also take mimic over feedback if you don’t need reflect. Utilities and heal skills in general can be swapped around to different stuff when needed.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

NaotsuguLH.8915

Why Harmonious mantras trait if there is no mantras being used?

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

wp

btt: there is not one build for chrono – same as for mesmer, you’ll have to retrait and reskill all the time.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Starting point would look something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse8cnsIC9ph9fCmfCUrhFVjiMAGhirOZn2qFtLSjsD-TRRBABXt/o8DP9DA8EAoU9HzUCSKA9kaB-e

Domination can trade Blurred Signets and Mental Anguish for Furious Interruption and Power Block if you’re against mobs that are easily interrupted or have skills that you want to shut down.

For Reflect heavy fights where mimicking/rifting Feedback doesn’t cut it (like Uncategorised Fractal) you’ll want to bring something like: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse8dnsIC9ph9fCuqBUrhFVj68JGijgMAGhirOZn2qF-TRRBABXt/o8DP9BA8EAoU9HzUCSKgR1ZB-e

Now with this build you’re looking to maximize your Critical Strikes. So if you’re lacking Precision you can swap Improved Alacrity for Danger Time, run with Accuracy Sigils, or you may need to have a set of Assassin’s gear on hand. Granted Revenants are bringing perma-Fury, and Rangers/Druids are being more common in groups. Thus, Precision is easier to get a hold of as well.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

NaotsuguLH.8915

Starting point would look something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse8cnsIC9ph9fCmfCUrhFVjiMAGhirOZn2qFtLSjsD-TRRBABXt/o8DP9DA8EAoU9HzUCSKA9kaB-e

Domination can trade Blurred Signets and Mental Anguish for Furious Interruption and Power Block if you’re against mobs that are easily interrupted or have skills that you want to shut down.

For Reflect heavy fights where mimicking/rifting Feedback doesn’t cut it (like Uncategorised Fractal) you’ll want to bring something like: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse8dnsIC9ph9fCuqBUrhFVj68JGijgMAGhirOZn2qF-TRRBABXt/o8DP9BA8EAoU9HzUCSKgR1ZB-e

Now with this build you’re looking to maximize your Critical Strikes. So if you’re lacking Precision you can swap Improved Alacrity for Danger Time, run with Accuracy Sigils, or you may need to have a set of Assassin’s gear on hand. Granted Revenants are bringing perma-Fury, and Rangers/Druids are being more common in groups. Thus, Precision is easier to get a hold of as well.

Sweet! Exactly what I was looking for.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Because there is nothing better to take there and you will occasionally be wanting to use mantras in some circumstances.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Because there is nothing better to take there and you will occasionally be wanting to use mantras in some circumstances.

Anything that does anything is literally better than Harmonious Mantras with no mantras.
If you take Mistrust, at least you’ll get confusion when you happen to interrupt something. Or DE, you’ll at least be able to get an extra clone if you happen to want it.

Just swap to HM if you equip a mantra :P

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I have been running Dom/Duel/Chrono, and swap out minors depending on the fight. Running Sw/Sw and Sw/Sh

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Shatter interrupt build in general replacing duel with chrono seem to work. Lost blind and DE but Chrono traits seem to make up for that . Not sure if I will ditch torch for shield though.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

@savacli:

Those builds are fairly solid. A couple of nits to pick though.

Heal well is a far superior choice compared to the signet. You get aoe healing and condition removal, plus more alacrity. Signet is unnecessary as your phantasms survive fine due to the pet change, and 3 illusions for starting CS is easy with sw5, weapon swap, sh4, sw3, CS shatter.

Mimic is a viable option, but I personally feel that calamity is far superior. If you’re mimicking recall, you can just use calamity and get just as much alacrity over time as mimicked recall provides while also doing more damage. If you’re mimicking action…there’s no point. A rev pulsing facet of nature pushes your quickness uptime to 90% without needing mimicked action, so there’s basically zero gain from it.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Anything that does anything is literally better than Harmonious Mantras with no mantras.
If you take Mistrust, at least you’ll get confusion when you happen to interrupt something. Or DE, you’ll at least be able to get an extra clone if you happen to want it.

Just swap to HM if you equip a mantra :P

You could run mistrust for like the 1 damage it does if it procs on a rare occasion. I just personally don’t care too much to have to swap to harmonious mantras whenever I want to take a mantra.

@Fay

Your presuming you get to proc shield 4 right away not to mention with signet you get out your damaging phantasms faster. The well heal skill is nice, but if you don’t need condition removal or extra alacrity ( you already have a lot of alacrity ) I don’t see why you wouldn’t take signet heal. But like I said utilities and traits are to be swapped around when needed. As for well of calamity, it’s alright for the damage and weakness, but you get more alacrity out of mimicing well of recall. You get 14 seconds of AoE alacrity every 90 seconds with mimicing well of recall while you get 12 seconds of alacrity every 100 seconds with well of calamity. But going with well of calamity spreads out the alacrity, while going with mimic front loads it all. Both are good.

/s

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

savacli.8172

Heal well is a far superior choice compared to the signet. You get aoe healing and condition removal, plus more alacrity. Signet is unnecessary as your phantasms survive fine due to the pet change, and 3 illusions for starting CS is easy with sw5, weapon swap, sh4, sw3, CS shatter.

I slot Signet primarily to get 3 Phantasms right off the bat. I originally tried using Sw 3 in place of the 3rd Phantasm, but the only use I got out of it was the initial F5 activation. The minion damage change is the very reason I prefer Signet over Well (for the most part) since the suitability of Phantasms is extremely high now. That way, I start with 3 Phantasms (usually two swords, one shield), and I get to keep them around. The extra iSwordman from the start also makes up for my preference to not take Calamity. Well Heal has a lot of utility though and is my first go to when I need big group heals/cleanses, but I don’t prefer to have it on my bar. Alternatively, if I’m running Inspirations the Signet Heal is another source of group distortion.

Personally I prefer to frontload boons/buffs. That way if the fight starts to go south I have more freedom to worry about the fight rather than having to try to stay on top of my buffs. Granted, the tradeoff there being a sloppy start will ruin the battle to an extent.

Yes, Mimic is primarily for Recall (or Feedback in reflect fights) in my setup.

(edited by savacli.8172)

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

You could run mistrust for like the 1 damage it does if it procs on a rare occasion. I just personally don’t care too much to have to swap to harmonious mantras whenever I want to take a mantra.

1 damage. Right. :rolleyes:

but you get more alacrity out of mimicing well of recall. You get 14 seconds of AoE alacrity every 90 seconds with mimicing well of recall while you get 12 seconds of alacrity every 100 seconds with well of calamity. But going with well of calamity spreads out the alacrity, while going with mimic front loads it all. Both are good.

You’re the one who spent several pages arguing vociferously that you’d never need more than 18s of alacrity. Are you suggesting you were wrong?

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

but you get more alacrity out of mimicing well of recall. You get 14 seconds of AoE alacrity every 90 seconds with mimicing well of recall while you get 12 seconds of alacrity every 100 seconds with well of calamity. But going with well of calamity spreads out the alacrity, while going with mimic front loads it all. Both are good.

You’re the one who spent several pages arguing vociferously that you’d never need more than 18s of alacrity. Are you suggesting you were wrong?

Let’s not start this whole thing again. I even said you can take mistrust if you want, I even said you can swap traits/utilities when needed, I just personally took Harmonious Mantras because the value in mistrust is very very very low so I didn’t think I would really lose much at all by taking Harmonious Mantras so I don’t have to swap it around when I do take a mantra. Yes, 1 damage is exaggeration, but exaggeration was used to show my point, mistrust hardly does anything. Is it actually one damage? No duh it’s not.

“You’re the one who spent several pages arguing vociferously that you’d never need more than 18s of alacrity. Are you suggesting you were wrong?”

Never? I never said you would never need more than 18 seconds of alacrity in all parts of PvE. If your seriously wanting to go believe i said that a exact quote would be nice with a link to it. What I was arguing was that staff, chaos, and scepter would not be taken most of the time in a dungeon build. The thread was discussing DUNGEON builds, and since dungeon fights are normally shorter, MOST of the time you won’t need more than 18 seconds. I even said in the thread tho, if you don’t need more reflects you can swap out feedback for some other alacrity thing. Nice straw man.

/s

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Let’s not start this whole thing again. I even said you can take mistrust if you want, I even said you can swap traits/utilities when needed, I just personally took Harmonious Mantras because the value in mistrust is very very very low so I didn’t think I would really lose much at all by taking Harmonious Mantras so I don’t have to swap it around when I do take a mantra. Yes, 1 damage is exaggeration, but exaggeration was used to show my point, mistrust hardly does anything. Is it actually one damage? No duh it’s not.

“You’re the one who spent several pages arguing vociferously that you’d never need more than 18s of alacrity. Are you suggesting you were wrong?”

Never? I never said you would never need more than 18 seconds of alacrity in all parts of PvE. If your seriously wanting to go believe i said that a exact quote would be nice with a link to it. What I was arguing was that staff, chaos, and scepter would not be taken most of the time in a dungeon build. The thread was discussing DUNGEON builds, and since dungeon fights are normally shorter, MOST of the time you won’t need more than 18 seconds. I even said in the thread tho, if you don’t need more reflects you can swap out feedback for some other alacrity thing. Nice straw man.

:rolleyes:

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Your presuming you get to proc shield 4 right away not to mention with signet you get out your damaging phantasms faster.

Shield4 takes 2.25s to produce a phantasm, but casting the signet and then a phantasm takes just as long, so it’s a wash.

The well heal skill is nice, but if you don’t need condition removal or extra alacrity ( you already have a lot of alacrity )

Condition removal is quite nice to have in many situations, lets your allies take less. Extra alacrity…we’ll come back to this.

As for well of calamity, it’s alright for the damage and weakness, but you get more alacrity out of mimicing well of recall.

Uh huh. Shall we revisit something?

but if you don’t need condition removal or extra alacrity ( you already have a lot of alacrity )

So 2 seconds more of alacrity every 90 seconds matters but the 10 seconds more of alacrity every 90 seconds from the heal well doesn’t? At least try and stay consistent within the same post -_-.

I slot Signet primarily to get 3 Phantasms right off the bat. I originally tried using Sw 3 in place of the 3rd Phantasm, but the only use I got out of it was the initial F5 activation. The minion damage change is the very reason I prefer Signet over Well (for the most part) since the suitability of Phantasms is extremely high now. That way, I start with 3 Phantasms (usually two swords, one shield), and I get to keep them around. The extra iSwordman from the start also makes up for my preference to not take Calamity. Well Heal has a lot of utility though and is my first go to when I need big group heals/cleanses, but I don’t prefer to have it on my bar. Alternatively, if I’m running Inspirations the Signet Heal is another source of group distortion.

Ultimately, having 3 phantasms right off the bat doesn’t make a huge difference to your dps. With permanent alacrity, you’ll be dropping your second swordsman within about 8 seconds anyway, so that’s a difference of about 2 attacks, practically nothing compared to what everyone else is doing. The benefits to taking heal well, as you acknowledged, are fairly large as a tradeoff for that.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

savacli.8172

Ultimately, having 3 phantasms right off the bat doesn’t make a huge difference to your dps. With permanent alacrity, you’ll be dropping your second swordsman within about 8 seconds anyway, so that’s a difference of about 2 attacks, practically nothing compared to what everyone else is doing. The benefits to taking heal well, as you acknowledged, are fairly large as a tradeoff for that.

Depends on the encounter. If my party is stacked pretty tight all the Alacrity goes straight to human players. Alas, my poor little Illusions never get the buff. Though if any of them do get the buff it’ll drop their Sword attacks to just over 2 seconds at best.

I run Dom over Duel so my iSwordsmen summons are on a 20 second cd (12 with alacrity), so since I take pHaste I’m getting about 3-4 attacks from the start before I can cast a replacement iSwordman. However, I generally wait for Ether to come back up so when I shatter I can get a full replacement set of Phantasms letting their Chronophantasma’s all line up.

The Heal Well is great and all, but it just doesn’t benefit my setup. It’s not very often that I need the recovery aspects of the Well, and Alacrity isn’t necessarily what I consider on short supply with the skills I choose.

Though, this is mostly with boss fights in mind. When it comes to trash mobs I usually nuke them with Calamity and Action since they’ll likely already be dead by the time I’m trying to whip out a Phantasm or two. That, and Calamity’s weakness pulsing is an amazing utility to mitigate constant bombarding.

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Sweet! Exactly what I was looking for.

I might try experimenting with your second build. One thing I’ve noticed is that my beloved Feedback bubble is probably going to have to be semi-retired, at least while in the jungle…the HoT mobs seem to be smart enough to move out of it.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that I’m equipping my scepter more there. For some reason the “mushroom” mobs will fixate almost exclusively on clones during a fight.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Chronomancer Build?

in Mesmer

Your presuming you get to proc shield 4 right away not to mention with signet you get out your damaging phantasms faster.

Shield4 takes 2.25s to produce a phantasm, but casting the signet and then a phantasm takes just as long, so it’s a wash.

The well heal skill is nice, but if you don’t need condition removal or extra alacrity ( you already have a lot of alacrity )

Condition removal is quite nice to have in many situations, lets your allies take less. Extra alacrity…we’ll come back to this.

As for well of calamity, it’s alright for the damage and weakness, but you get more alacrity out of mimicing well of recall.

Uh huh. Shall we revisit something?

but if you don’t need condition removal or extra alacrity ( you already have a lot of alacrity )

So 2 seconds more of alacrity every 90 seconds matters but the 10 seconds more of alacrity every 90 seconds from the heal well doesn’t? At least try and stay consistent within the same post -_-.

I even said in my original post you can swap stuff around as needed. There is a time and place for signet and heal well etc etc. I’m just trying to show that. I’m NOT saying heal well is useless or anything of the sort like that. Being able to spawn 3 phantasms right off is good, but so is extra alacrity if the fight lasts a while. It just all depends. And about shield your presuming you get hit. I’m just saying heal skill isn’t always to be taken when in x situation and trying to make sure the OP knows when because you said the heal well is ‘far superior" which isn’t always the case. Same goes for the other stuff.

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)