Chronomancer PvE Condition Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

The damage, the continuous shatters, and the clone production is sooo good, and with alacrity.. the build got a lot stronger than with the chaos trait line

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMFdALYBlg~

Weapons - Staff & Scepter/Pistol with Sigil of Bursting(both weapons), Sigil of Corruption and the left over sigil spot is entirely upto you :-)
Armor - Rabid with Superior Rune of the Undead (no sinister in beta)

Playstyle – clones, phantasms, keep shattering… Shattering inflicts confusion, blind, torment and gives you alacrity

I can make a video if people are interested.. very fun playstyle and very high damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, except neither confusion nor torment actually do solid damage in PvE.

I’m sure it’s a fun playstyle, but I guarantee you it’s not “very high damage”.

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

Keeping dungeons aside, power builds in open world are bad.. verdent brink, silverwastes etc.. you cant outdps a condition build in these areas by any means. you cant kill a huge mob of creeps with power builds quickly. Lets be honest, if u’v played condition builds in the new maps and a few other places in the open world.. you cant run around with a sword or a greatsword in those areas and expect to deal the same amount of damage.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Keeping dungeons aside, power builds in open world are bad..

wat

verdent brink, silverwastes etc.. you cant outdps a condition build in these areas by any means.

wat

you cant kill a huge mob of creeps with power builds quickly.

wat.

Are we even playing the same game?

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

i dont think “wat, wat, are we even playing the same game” would suffice to be an explanation enough for the point you’re trying to make.. i dont even see it as a reply.. enlighten me how exactly are you gonna outdps a condition build on creeps that move, charge, go underground, have high armor, knockdown etc, you will still kill them.. not that you wont.. but it’s just not as good as a condition build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Honestly, I agree with him. My time to kill trash mobs in SW is as low as on my condi engi, now.
There’s just a LOT of confusion and torment stacks.

edit: and my time to kill veterans is wayyy up.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Honestly, I agree with him. My time to kill trash mobs in SW is as low as on my condi engi, now.
There’s just a LOT of confusion and torment stacks.

edit: and my time to kill veterans is wayyy up.

Sure, but a zerker build should kill anything that’s not a husk faster, plus it has better aoe too. The aoe on a condie build is limited to a couple shatters, while you’ve got cleaves and iZerker and iWarden for power.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

*Honestly Pyro, looking at this post and the last couple I’ve seen you make, you’re being awfully closed-minded, given we’re only just now testing all the potential of the chronomancer.

Your dogmatic insistence that condi can’t possibly keep up or even surpass power in pve dps is ridiculous given we are still testing it.
People, myself included, are reporting dramatic damage increases in condi build dps in pve.

I can confirm Telekinesis’s results: I’m killing open-world mobs much faster on my condi-spec than on my power spec.

If I had to lay finger on a culprit, I’d say it’s two things:
1. Illusionary Reversion makes all 4 standard shatters apply a minimum of 2 confusion 2 torment when you activate them in normal use, often more.
2. Alacrity on shatter (again, at least 2sec per shatter with IR) makes it viable to use all shatters at much higher rates than we are used to.

The end result is that in spite of losing the condi damage from Chaos, I’ve picked up a LOT of dps from heavy confusion/torment stacks, more than I really expected to.
My experience without chrono is that torment/confusion are nice supplements to damage, but there’s not so much meat to them in pve. With chrono though, I’m just stacking up so much of both that it’s making up the difference.

*I say a minimum of 2 stacks per shatter, but since I’m Duel/Ill/Chr with DE, I’m getting a fair share of 4- and 3- illusion shatters in there.

(edited by AlphatheWhite.9351)

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

aoe on a condition build isn’t limited to a few shatters infact nearly every shatter except diversion, if traited that too :-) chaos storm, magic bullet.. and izerker is alright but iwarden isn’t great in these areas.

also, mirror image is too awesome now.. with alacrity :-)

(edited by Telekinesis.8312)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Chrono and the wells dont lend themselves well to AoE condition Bombing..

I tried several builds today using different tactics and weapons and traits and Zerker gear came out on top still.

I was of more use doing large swathes of CC spam / Slow up keep and AoE direct damage than i was trying to jerry rig and gimmick a condition shatter build out of this sub class.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

also Pyro, you’re insisting that the only aoe that condi builds get is shatters, but I’m doing so many shatters now that my aoe kill is enormous. I’m actually thinking Master of Fragmentation might be BETTER for pve condi than Ineptitude or Malicious Sorcery just so distortion will apply its confusion as well.

*though, I guess I’m forgetting about Ineptitude+BD, aren’t I. Hitting all 4 shatters on one target with Ineptitude+BD = 4 more confusion than you’d have otherwise.
+1 confusion per shatter vs aoe Diversion and cripple cof? I’m not sure.

edit: also, the blind from BD is aoe even on Diversion, so with Ineptitude Diversion is still applying at least one confusion aoe.

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

Chrono and the wells dont lend themselves well to AoE condition Bombing..

I tried several builds today using different tactics and weapons and traits and Zerker gear came out on top still.

I was of more use doing large swathes of CC spam / Slow up keep and AoE direct damage than i was trying to jerry rig and gimmick a condition shatter build out of this sub class.

Hmm, wells for condition builds aren’t great, probably the only one you’d use is well of recall for alacrity.. but isn’t needed imo.. signet of domination and signet of midnight and mirror image.

you can only aoe condition bomb with chaos storm and interrupts and probably a quick 3 illusion shatter without chronomancy
with chronomancy, it’s on another level.. you get 6 illusions easy.. infact more than 6 to be honest if you play it right.. and you have all the older options available.. chaos storm and interrupts.

(edited by Telekinesis.8312)

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Yeah, not sure why you’d think wells would make sense for condi bombing, they don’t have any damaging conditions. I much prefer Telekinesis’s suggestion of Mirror Image for the third utility, and I almost always have Dom and Midnight slotted for pve anyway.

in Mesmer

Telekinesis.8312

Mirror image + phase retreat (3 illusions) continuum split → 6 seconds reversal → timewarp, chaos storm, use all the other 4 shatters (2 illusions each shatter) → inflicts 7 torment and 14 confusion.. continuum split shatter doesn’t seem to be producing an illusion.. so i’m guessing it doesn’t come under a shatter category.

once the continuum split is down.. u have many seconds of alacrity on you.. and every skill other than mirror image is out of cooldown.. happy bursting again :-) this time with phantasms and scepter :-)