Chronomancer and Mantras

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caom.9251

Caom.9251

Hello everyone I’ve been testing the chronomancer for this beta weekend and noticed that mantras don’t really have synergy with our F5 (continuum split).

I’ve tried searching the forum to see if other people have made a similar thread but I couldn’t find any, so I’m making this.

The problem arises because continuum split reverses the cooldown of certain skills and not the charges so that means the prepared mantras (power-spike etc.) do not benefit at all because they don’t have very long cooldowns (5s is longest for power-lock).

I understand this may be intentionally done because the tool-tip does specify that it is cooldowns but this just means that it feels incredibly clunky as one set of skills seems to put you at a disadvantage from picking it, as every other skill directly benefits from it.

I hope that maybe Anet may re-consider their decision and allow Continuum Split to revert the charges of mantras as well. I really do not think this will be OP as continuum split already functions with other stronger spells (Moa, Time-warp etc.)

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

That would mean in combination with alacrity and Harmonious Mantras one could potentially use 5 charges on Mantras (With Mantra of Distraction). 2 during split and then it resets back to 3… Some others could be spammed even more often. That would be a bit too much imo.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raever.9483

Raever.9483

I agree with TyPin that it would probably be a bit overkill with the combos you could do with the mantras.

I’ve been playing around with lockdown chrono a bit, and even though Continuum Split doesn’t affect them, the increased amount of quickness and alacrity that can come with the Chrono playstyle certainly helps with quicker mantras.

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

No, that would be just fair. That’s the point of F5. I think it’s just a bug that Mantras won’t recharge.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

“When it expires, you will revert back to this point with your previous health, endurance and skill recharges.”

Boons, conditions, guard stacks, mantra charges, … are neither of those.

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

No, that would be just fair. That’s the point of F5. I think it’s just a bug that Mantras won’t recharge.

Mantras have the same problem with Mimic, for that matter. They’re just really, really clunky right now in their interaction with… everything.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Mantras are clunky in general – they weren’t once for a few weeks … but yea we all know this story with a sad ending …

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I was disappointed to discover that Distracting Daggers doesn’t have a background recharge. Because if it did, I’d have been jumping up and down and saying “This! Make mantras work like this!”

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Chronomancer and Mantras

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

To be fair, distracting daggers having full CD after the last shot makes no sense either. Why can’t they get this in their heads … sigh