Chronomancer is doomed.

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Niminion.1982

Niminion.1982

There is no way it will make it through this nerf gauntlet!

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Anet rebuilding the mesmer ship just to sink it again.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gibon.1705

Gibon.1705

Its all cuz mesmer is like LA – rebuild it just to shatter it in few days/weeks

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

A-Net: “Whoa whoa whoa. Mesmers seem to have a little to much fun lately. Let’s start destroying all the buffs…… day by day….. slowly…… it has to be painfull. /evillaughter”

Don’t get me wrong^^ I like quick balancing. But A-Net plz. Balance =/= Destruction.

[Elona Reach]

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I really hate all the QQ over mesmer right now. It’s been 2 days and its already time to play whack-a-mole with balance. Did any of the other classes think to open their trait panel and maybe try to CHANGE their build to address mesmer instead of demanding sweeping nerfs?

(edited by Xenon.4537)

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FredVK.4025

FredVK.4025

I really hate all the QQ over mesmer right now. It’s been 2 days and its already time to play whack-a-mole with balance. Did any of the other classes think to open their trait panel and maybe try to CHANGE their build to address mesmer instead of demanding sweeping nerfs?

This exactly. I didn’t see any change to the once patched OP pew pew’s… No we had to find a new build to counter it (how it should be).

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

This exactly. I didn’t see any change to the once patched OP pew pew’s… No we had to find a new build to counter it (how it should be).

Haha, OP huh? Coming from the greatest Ranger’s counter currently (chuckle). Having the easiest access of reflect of all classes is not enough huh?

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

What, you expect me to actually run condition clear? Why would I do such a thing?

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Haha, OP huh? Coming from the greatest Ranger’s counter currently (chuckle). Having the easiest access of reflect of all classes is not enough huh?

For a whole day, what, two days so far? We didn’t before. We had to take a sub-par heal and slot feedback which can be stepped out of. Go to sleep.

\o/

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

you know rangers have access to other weapons besides longbow?
just sayin’

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

“Chronomancer is doomed.”

Well, time will tell.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

^ take my cookie for that pun

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

It was a double pun.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

The problem is, to me anyway, it doesn’t seem like Anet is nerfing the other classes like it is the mesmer. Conditional fire damage is way too high, while conditions on the mesmer are……well you know. Guardians still have feel my wrath with a cool down that is 200% faster than TW for each second of quickness. It also benefits from cool down buffs while TW doesn’t. Even if we can play TW twice with continuum split, it still won’t make up for it. It wastes our f5 ability and wastes illusions and dps. Not to mention it takes some set up. We are probably going to have to summon some illusions, dodge out of the stack, f5 shatter, than hop back in to play, just with the mear wrinkle of hope that our f5 way point thingy doesn’t get blasted by npc mob before we have a chance to do anything. All this happens when the guardian just has to happily click one button for the same results. What happens if we screw up the f5 shatter because the way point gets destroyed by npcs too quickly? We are royally screwed. Not to mention, we have to use our new f ability and a whole trait line just to ATTEMPT to trot behind the guardian. The guardian will still have more protection, dps, and other support abilities, along with their new f ability if playing the dragon hunter. Whats more, everyone knows chronomancer probably isn’t going to be the only specialization Anet is going to come up with more specializations for all the classes. This means if the baseline mesmer (without the specialization) is not up to par with the other classes in gw2 then we are more than likely screwed for years to come. Sad day
Even if Anet eventually fixes these changes, I consider it incredibly cruel to nerf the mesmer at the beginning while leaving other classes that need it as well alone. I think many at Anet just want to make mesmers cry as they laugh in our faces saying “hey no need to be sad, you have a cool specialization….thats broken, snerk snerk”

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Another QQ thread … There is no other profession forum community that is so extremly scared of tiny nerfs being followed by other tiny nerfs as the mesmer community. So we always agressivly open new threads to show ANet how terribly wrong they are to hope for a solution that will hit in the middle between “buff it” and “nerf it into the ground” to force them to “leave it alone” and achieve balance

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Another QQ thread … There is no other profession forum community that is so extremly scared of tiny nerfs being followed by other tiny nerfs as the mesmer community. So we always agressivly open new threads to show ANet how terribly wrong they are to hope for a solution that will hit in the middle between “buff it” and “nerf it into the ground” to force them to “leave it alone” and achieve balance

These havent been tiny nerfs though..

Have you read the patchnotes or?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

In what reality are a 60% nerf to chaotic dampening, a 50% nerf to Maim, and a 10s icd on a trait that does rather low healing ‘tiny nerfs’?

They’re massive nerfs, they’re far more damaging than they should be, and they should be treated with much more care and thought than the current machete balancing approach.

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I agree, Anet shouldn’t make these decisions based on the emotions of the community. If this was the case, the most popular classes would be op while the less popular classes wouldn’t…or wait, that is the way it was.They should instead make them based on numbers, logic, balance of the whole class, and how it relates to other classes. Xyonon, your obviously free to post an opinion saying a class, trait, or skill is fine. However, when you do, be prepared to show some evidence or logic behind it. Perhaps you can show us that the numbers are the same. The problem is, as of now, I doubt you can. This also doesn’t change the fact that Anet chose to nerf the mesmer before the rest of the classes. With that said, I maintain my position that the mesmer/chronomancer is dead in in some areas of builds, play styles, and in certain aspects of the game unless changes are made.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Meanwhile please give me a list of classes which has had at least two nerfs over the past days after patch.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Chronomancer is doomed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaoz.7941

Chaoz.7941

Hey now, I have faith in Robert and the others in his team to make Chronomancer a viable and fun….. For all of 3 hours till the balance team nerf every trait by over 50 percent in intervals of 3 hour patches 1 by 1.
Landhere.8567 said, “I hope they take the person who thought of this and nerf his/her paycheck to a ten week cool down”