Chronomancer is foolproof:)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

As i read their post i noticed that they got ability to double shatter phantasms (Chronophatasm). Awesome. We also have the new shatter that goes back in time (Continuum Shift). Amazing.
And we can trigger Well of Calamity. Well nuff said there. This profession will rock hard, I can already see the Rebellion on forums from other professions vs some cybernetic white knighting on mesmers side, and tons of players making mesmers to sink their gluttonous fangs into this offering

One way or another this profession is just plain science fiction and i love it;)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Lets see how well it does compared to the not yet revealed specializations of the other professions. Hopefully its good enough in comparison!

By no means am i trying to spank the hype on the funny parts, but im a realist and i cant celebrate yet due to the fog of mystery ahead of us.

Who knows if thieves gets Death Shroud and Rangers longbow range.. Joke aside.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Who knows if thieves gets Death Shroud and Rangers longbow range.

Come on, we all know thiefs will be immune to Slow and Confusion, autotarget the real mesmer, reveal us from stealth, and double steal for all boons plus permaalacrity.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Who knows if thieves gets Death Shroud and Rangers longbow range.

Come on, we all know thiefs will be immune to Slow and Confusion, autotarget the real mesmer, reveal us from stealth, and double steal for all boons plus permaalacrity.

Which thief needs permaalacrity? We all know that their elite specializations mechanic will be that none of their skills has cooldown and their initiative regeneration when fighting mesmers is increased to 10/sec.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Lets see how well it does compared to the not yet revealed specializations of the other professions. Hopefully its good enough in comparison!

By no means am i trying to spank the hype on the funny parts, but im a realist and i cant celebrate yet due to the fog of mystery ahead of us.

True enough, but I try not to fall prey to the “grass is greener” mentality whenever I see what goodies other professions are getting. The changes we’re seeing are so substantial, with so many new and exciting traits & abilities, that no matter what others are getting, there is no reason to be negative about anything at this point.

Until it’s played of course, and if then we find out we’re worse off then others, then I’ll whine right along with the rest of Mesmers! I just don’t think it’s possible to judge balance on paper with such a huge patch.

So far the glass is half full!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

ppl will complain regardless. Prob mostly in regards to whiffed shattering not giving up the momentum it used to… Or how Phant builds will have to many tools.

But I feel like it’ll be the type of thing where the f5 and alacrity mechanics alone being the core of chronomancer have more than enough room to outplay, that in higher tiers of play it won’t be as big of a deal.

I’m just hoping however it’s not history repeating itself where it’s OP at low levels cuz no one knows how to counter it, but high end requires a ton of baby sitting to even be considered for a slot. :/

It’s strong yeah but I wouldn’t say fool proff, I mean the potental builds don’t save you from sub optimal play.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

We’ll have a better idea once we have our first look at how Chronomancer is going to stack up to other class elite specializations when they reveal the Guardian’s this Friday.

I’d like to echo the post that said to not fall prey to the “grass is greener” mentality.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Foolproof isn’t exactly the word I would use..

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Guess no one caught on what the post is truly about;)
Chronomancer skillnames are screaming reference to BlazeBlue fighting series;)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Guess no one caught on what the post is truly about;)
Chronomancer skillnames are screaming reference to BlazeBlue fighting series;)

Of course. And Ride The Lightning on Eles was a Guilty Gear namedrop. All this proves is that ANet Devs like Arc System Works titles

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

True enough, but I try not to fall prey to the “grass is greener” mentality whenever I see what goodies other professions are getting. The changes we’re seeing are so substantial, with so many new and exciting traits & abilities, that no matter what others are getting, there is no reason to be negative about anything at this point.

Until it’s played of course, and if then we find out we’re worse off then others, then I’ll whine right along with the rest of Mesmers! I just don’t think it’s possible to judge balance on paper with such a huge patch.

So far the glass is half full!

you’re right, you cant judge balance on paper, but we certainly can judge based on past actions from Anet. Mesmers were repeatedly nerfed for a very long time due to other classes whining and kittening, so to say that ANet will be more sympathetic to Mesmers is kind of naive. The developer that presented the Chromancer is Robert Gee, someone I’ve never heard before compare to the more recognized dev names on the forum. Yea, I have my doubts, a “nobody important” dev is working on Mesmer HOT specialization, nice…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Less vocal doesn’t correlate to less important.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Yea, I have my doubts, a “nobody important” dev is working on Mesmer HOT specialization, nice…

I don’t know about that. In addition to the fact that you’re being rude to that guy you don’t know (you said it yourself), I think his presentation of the chronomancer was awesome. I love how the mesmer is slowly getting back to the interrupt/deceptive role he had in GW1, and if this dev is the one we have to thank, well I don’t care if he’s a “nobody”. I’ll take the chronomancer over the draconner anytime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Gravity Well – Make a kittening black hole.

Engies you can have my moa, I dont care anymore.

Edit: New dev working on Mesmer? Doin’ a kitten fine job. <3

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

(edited by Aylpse.6280)