Clone smoke explosion?

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OtakuVeritas.7254

OtakuVeritas.7254

Hello,

I’ve come back to GW2 after several months apart from it, and thought I would try out the Mesmer profession again

Only question is, has the smoke explosion been removed? (the one where if you used the Debilitating Dissipation trait the clones would explode in a cloud of smoke) I remember seeing the effect when I played before

Was wondering if it was viable as a way of clouding an opponents view, fitting into the mesmer theme of misdirection

Although I always found it weird that it was a smoke explosion and not a larger version of the typical shatter explosion

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s still there. If you have Debilitating Dissipation, your illusions will explode in a cloud of smoke. If you don’t, they have the standard mirror shatter appearance.

Ironically, I actually dumped DD BECAUSE of the smoke. I prefer the mirror shatter effect. :P

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Good lord. I thought that was the animation for when a clone is overwritten. I went from shatter to using PU condition and I always assumed that the smoke was standard.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Build choices based on visual effects…. Madness. Madness I say!

The games more The Matrix to me, and I’m Neo. All I see is code. Then within it, the occasional blonde, brunette, red head, etc.

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ironically, I actually dumped DD BECAUSE of the smoke. I prefer the mirror shatter effect. :P

Same here. The normal shatter animation feels much more mesmery.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

OtakuVeritas.7254

Same here. The normal shatter animation feels much more mesmery.

If the effect was larger I would like it more, I feel the standard shatter is quite underwhelming. I think a larger mirror explosion would look a lot better. I do agree the smoke looks a little out of place

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

OtakuVeritas.7254

It’s still there. If you have Debilitating Dissipation, your illusions will explode in a cloud of smoke. If you don’t, they have the standard mirror shatter appearance.

Hmm, maybe its because I’m shattering on the practice dummies in P v P that I don’t see smoke?

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

Hmm, maybe its because I’m shattering on the practice dummies in P v P that I don’t see smoke?

The smoke isn’t from the shattering, but rather when a clone is overwritten or upon clone death.

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

Yeah if you shatter your clones smash like mirrors regardless of trait.

If you have an on death trait they explode on death, target death or replacement.
If you don’t have such a trait, they simply dissipate by turning into butterflies on the above.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

OtakuVeritas.7254

Yeah if you shatter your clones smash like mirrors regardless of trait.

If you have an on death trait they explode on death, target death or replacement.
If you don’t have such a trait, they simply dissipate by turning into butterflies on the above.

Ahh that explains it, thank you

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TranquilInSpirit.6291

TranquilInSpirit.6291

Clone death traits don’t activate if you shatter them. Not terribly clear but that’s how it works.

Clone smoke explosion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

There are 3 on clone death traits, one with random conditions, one with confusion and one with cribble. Equipping at least one of them cuases your illusions to explode.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”