Clones doing 0 direct damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shandira.8237

Shandira.8237

Hello everyone, every since the patch from 12/14 my clones have been doing 0 direct damage. I tested the scepter and greatsword both on mobs and target dummys. I would cast the clone at the target then stop attacking and watch the clone do 0 direct damage. The clone from the staff will do 0 direct damage but still apply the condition damage from the wind of chaos. Has anyone else has this issue?

in Mesmer

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

The clones always did kitten poor damage. However I think they should be doing more than 0.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

Tested in the Mist, my staff clones were still doing around 2 to 4 damage. Empty your trait points and test to see if it’s a specific trait that is messing it up.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Really don’t see why this is an issue at all, if Clones did 0 damage at all levels it will make no difference.

Does anyone else get a pang of nostalgia when they use the Clone skill in Snowball Mayhem? Clones that actually deal good damage… sigh.

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

Clones doing damage is actually important to Sharper Images, if they do 0 and Crit for 0 they don’t apply Sharper Images since it’s likely the game doesn’t register a critical hit for 0. ; ) Important stuff.

Regardless though, critical hit based Sigils do not work with clones critical hits so it’s really okay anyhow. Anything involving utilizing your illusions for anything more than a shatter is being removed slowly since beta, I’ve been playing it all the way through. Play your shatterer and enjoy it. = )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

First I thought it’s some graphical glitch, but it really is 0 damage. I do not remember reading that in patch notes.
Any explanation?

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

Might check your trait setup, with them bottomed out I’ve gotten damage fine. . . perhaps it’s a bad reaction to a specific trait. Also, are you level 80? Perhaps it is a pre 80 glitch. . .

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Clones doing damage is actually important to Sharper Images, if they do 0 and Crit for 0 they don’t apply Sharper Images since it’s likely the game doesn’t register a critical hit for 0. ; ) Important stuff.

Regardless though, critical hit based Sigils do not work with clones critical hits so it’s really okay anyhow. Anything involving utilizing your illusions for anything more than a shatter is being removed slowly since beta, I’ve been playing it all the way through. Play your shatterer and enjoy it. = )

i’m 90% sure that a 0 damage crit will proc bleed with sharper images.

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OMG IT KITTENED MY NAME!

HELLS YES! Oh that’s funny. Back to ummm. . . topic; I can’t test your theory. . . I can’t get my clones to do less than 1 damage right now. Wait, I’ll be back soon, gonna get naked and see if I can get them to do 0.

Edit: WOOT! Got a 0 damage hit from a sword clone! Have yet to see a 0 damage Critical hit though.

(edited by Delofasht.4231)

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

Appears I cannot get a Crit for 0, tried everything I could, so I assume that it’s not possible at this point, any Critical hit of less than 1 damage seems to get boosted to 1 damage. Also, so far only Sword Clones can hit for 0 for me and only on their 3rd auto attack.

Edit: Maybe I need a target with more armor to get a reliable 0 damage from clones. = ) That MUST be it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: revial.2938

revial.2938

Just started a new Sylvari Mesmer, and all her clones do 0 direct damage as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shandira.8237

Shandira.8237

My mesmer is level 42 I have tried resetting all traits and the clones are still doing 0 direct damage. The mobs now ignore the clones after I start attcking before the patch they would hold agro for most of the combat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Clones always dealt ~2% of your damage. So if you deal <50, 2% is lower than 1 and floored to 0.
Criticals deals 1.25x (+) damage and might reach the 1 damage sooner than non-crits.

To sum it up: They’ll deal single digits later on, but were never meant to be your damage dealers.

in Mesmer

Delofasht.4231

Well once again I can’t understand the difference, right after the patch I was slapping a champion in PvE around for kicks and totally didn’t have an issue with them dealinkittenage or them not holding aggro, but then again I mostly create them when dodge rolling backwards with Deceptive Evasion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

My clones have been doinkittenage for a long time. I think last time I saw them do any significant and useful damage was in a beta.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

My clones have been doinkittenage for a long time. I think last time I saw them do any significant and useful damage was in a beta.

I miss Beta Sword Clone builds. IIRC they used to hit for ~200 damage per slash or something.