Close to legendary

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

From a high level open world perspective / Occasional WvW what weapon is the most valuable to a mesmers arsenal?

Getting very close to all the required materials for a legendary, minus a precursor and was wondering what I should make. I just made a mesmer and she is level 21 now but I am LOVING it already compared to warrior. Greatsword is my first love, but I don’t see it being too useful in high level pvp scenarios where I can really show off a legendary to other players. Would the best one be bolt?

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Bolt looks pretty awesome with clones and blurred frenzy. I almost always have a 1h sword equipped, so you’ll get some use out of it. We’ve got a lot of purple in our character design, so I ultimately chose to avoid getting Bolt because of the blue weapon animations. That’s just a personal preference.

Mesmer with a Bolt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po4BONOtCbI

The GS is overrated, imo. I see lots of them running around. And I don’t often use a GS. Many of our builds make use of a staff, however, so if you’re into rainbows, Bifrost could be the way to go. (That’s the one I’m after.)

Too bad the off-hand ones are terrible. The torch looks cool enough, but it rarely gets used. The focus is underwhelming in terms of design. And I can’t stand the pistol’s sound effects :P

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: ATourist.8359

ATourist.8359

I see a lot of mesmers with legendary gs or sword. Much less of the other legendaries we can use. GS, our strongest physical damage dealer from ranged, complete with cripple and knockback or sword with the leap, blurred frenzy (MH) or iswordsman (OH). I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either one. Now just up to you to find your own preference. By all means take your mesmer for a spin in wvw and see how you play!

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

bolt for sure.
mesmer can run alot of build. but 1h sword guess have 90% of mesmer. shatter phantasmal or hynbrid

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I see a lot of mesmers with legendary gs or sword. Much less of the other legendaries we can use.

The reason why is because they aren’t offhands. I’m working towards the Quip, but I’m not sure if I want to use it in WvW because it does make it obvious as to which is the real Mesmer. I might make a Bolt afterwards, but I’m definitely making a Quip.

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darwin Iznang.1342

Darwin Iznang.1342

I am working on Kraitkin. It is not exactly a mesmery looking weapon, but we are god-like with the Trident, so why not. And Venom is the cheapest precursor weapon out there.

Win 10 64bit | i5-4670K | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @ 1866Mhz | ASUS GTX 970 | Kingston 240 GB SSD

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Imo the mists weapons are great for mesmers since the illusions also use them, but there is no mists staff - so I’ll go for that one. Plus I love those rainbows and there aren’t many good sta kitten .

/e: wat. Word filter, what are you doing. Staaahp...

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Bolt.

Manly because the last time i’ve unequipped Sword on my Mes was when unlocking GS/Staff skills below lvl 7 (for weapon swap).
Since that point, anything and everywhere and anytime, one of the 2 sets has always been S/x.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

I’m personally going for Twilight All legendary have PVT stats anyway and isn’t optimal for most specs. Get the one that you think looks the best.

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I’m personally going for Twilight All legendary have PVT stats anyway and isn’t optimal for most specs. Get the one that you think looks the best.

You can transmute the stats on any legendary to something other than PVT.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Prime.8792

nope. people that transmuted their legendary will not get their stats updated when Ascended Weapons are released.

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

nope. people that transmuted their legendary will not get their stats updated when Ascended Weapons are released.

What’s this!?!?!? Where did you get this info from and why would ANET do something like that??

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

Close to legendary

in Mesmer

Prime.8792

What’s this!?!?!? Where did you get this info from and why would ANET do something like that??

When was the last time you’ve seen someone link a transmuted legendary? Only people without a legendary would advise transmuting them.

Besides, Twilight can’t be upgraded to Eternity after it’s been transmuted. I believe there will be future mystic forge formulas to upgrade legendaries. You need the original item to be recognized by the MF.