Coming back can't decide

Coming back can't decide

in Mesmer

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Alright I just came back after quitting after launch. I decided on 2 classes when a came back. Either the necro or mesmer. But for the life of me I can not decide on which to level and main.

I only have time to level one class, because of work and family life. So I would really like your opinions on which of these two classes in general are more enjoyable. Mostly be doing solo PvE other then to gear and events, and solo PvP unless I get good and find a guild.

Thanks for your opinions. I understand the game and the classes pretty well. But I am still new so probably only 10% of these 2 classes. Please list why you believe or feel either class is a better choice in general.

Thank you.

Coming back can't decide

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leuddian.3057

Leuddian.3057

Most people would agree that Mesmer is rather boring to level until level 40 or so. I personally didn’t since he was my first character so I had no comparison.

If you read around the forums you would probably know that Mesmer is pretty top tier in end game. We are great in solo PvE, events, dungeons, all sort of PvP.

I never played Necro so I’m not going to try and give you potentially false information.

Coming back can't decide

in Mesmer

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

As said above, be prepared for a bit of a slog till you get to the higher levels with a Mesmer. Also, if you don’t like switching weapons frequently, don’t play a Mesmer. Later Mesmer can be spectacular, but mainly it’s a “busy” playstyle, so if you don’t like “busy” you won’t like it. In esssence, it’s a CC/damage class.

If you like pets, play a Necro rather than a Mesmer. The Mesmer “pets” (illusions) aren’t really pets, but more like distractions combined with grenades, including CC grenades.

Coming back can't decide

in Mesmer

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Mesmer playstyle is much more action packed, but necro with a staff+well AoE build can be very comfortable. My lvl 80 necro with such a build can sit in one place and take on multiple enemies (pve) while throwing marks under their feet and popping up wells. It can be very tanky. If you’d rather play to relax, i’d say go necro. If you want a bit more action and difficulty, go mesmer