Complaints about GS berserker, possible solution?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaede.9314

Kaede.9314

I see many people complaining about illusionary Berserker, and some people think it is fine right now with the mesmer lore. So I was thinking, and thought it might fix both people’s annoyances by making it so the illusion could only damage the mesmer’s target. It doesn’t get a damage nerf, it can still be used without LoS, but it can no longer be used as a strong no LoS AoE. It fits with the mesmer’s dueling lore, as it does with the illusions being in the player’s mind. Discuss!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

don’t touch my mesmer i don’t want to be useless in pve, thanks. Before even nerfing classes they should fix skills cuz its all messedup.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

LoS need to be the same as other illusions or other skills from other professions. If everyone can do this or everyone can’t it’s fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

LoS need to be the same as other illusions or other skills from other professions. If everyone can do this or everyone can’t it’s fine.

They’ll need to rethink GW2’s entire ground target aoe system then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TakaEagle.9486

TakaEagle.9486

No Thanks. Mesmer’s would be rendered utterly useless in PvE. Considering they already have problems in tagging.

S H U N P O [TS]
Sea Of Sorrows Commander

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Lol. Oh yeah, mesmers had too many AOE, let’s remove some …
Defintely no, bye

in Mesmer

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

@TakaEagle

We’d be utterly useless if they implemented LoS on iZerker? Really?

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Make it only work on 1 target?

No, that is a horrid idea. It is fine as is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Make it require los, and boost mind stab so it is a viable aoe to kill things on the wall. Or maybe you could get rid of the obstructed nonsense from the tiny lip at the edge of a wall. Zerker needs a change, but the aoe damage isn’t the problem.

@TakaEagle

We’d be utterly useless if they implemented LoS on iZerker? Really?

Useless no, but taking away our only decent aoe other than warden wouldn’t exactly be in our best interest considering we lack aoe damage as it is.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

(edited by Odaman.8359)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

No. Leave it how it is, or lower the recharge time on its attack… at least for PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I also disagree as Mesmer already has a severe drawback in the field of AoE compare to other classes. We are just not as efficient in tagging mobs in DEs as other professions. Also Phantasmal Berserker is known to have a bug that causes a delay before it will initiate the attack on the target. Berserker is also our ONLY ability to make Mesmers useful at capturing a tower/fort in WvW where Rangers has long range AoE, Elementalist also got long range AoE and both are MUCH more effective than Mesmers who relies on Phantasmal Berserker to do the AoE and it’s almost always a one time hit as Berserker rarely lives through its second attack due to its already long attack CD of 7 secs. It’s obvious you don’t play a Mesmer so you don’t understand why we need this mechanic to help our prof to do better at where we lack the most.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

If they fix LoS in general then sure, we could let berserker go. But right now, i can be staring a ranger in the face on top of a tower shooting at me, but somehow my magic laser beam can’t hit him.

Thankfully my “broken” berserker skill can (As well as feedback). If they “fix” berserker, a mesmer is about as much use in a tower assault as a wet noodle; it’s not like we can even conjure up some iDefenders or decoys to protect our buddies, because we need LoS to create ANY phantasm or clone.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

There’s always feedback + temporal curtain spam =p I can’t argue with it though, honestly even with berserker siege is very boring. We can hit siege others can’t, but they can do the same with large radius aoes that reach slightly further than 1200 range. Not to mention they actually get to beat up players on the wall… we get to hope into the void pulls someone stupid off the wall and zerker.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: envithyx.9531

envithyx.9531

I think illusionary Berserker gets so much attention because they actually see a person doing damage to them and don’t think of it as an aoe spell — just a broken skill that does dmg to all nearby.

Face it, it’s an aoe spell that has a face to it — different presentation for a profession that has nothing but different written all over it.

Whereas when you get nuked from above, be it a cart, ele aoe, etc. you just go oh, aoe and move. People accept that.

illusionary Berserker works just like all other aoe skills atm with a handicap. It it is to be changed, it should be changed to match other aoe skills.

And for those of you that complain it follows me, if you get hit by it more than twice (I’ve seen you who have let one chase you all over a keep), you need to just stop, turn, attack and be done with it. They die fast and you got heaps of time to kill it between attacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Whenever I come across these Wishlist kind of topics…..Like “Mesmer skills you want”, “Mesmer suggestions to polish”, “Mesmer sucks, what I Would Do” yada yada, I tend to glaze over them.

It’s always the same thing. Like….Mesmer has a bizillion trait, weapon, utility combinations, but that isn’t good enough. Let’s pretend that WE designed the class, and THIS is what we would do better.

It just comes off as " I can’t learn this class, it’s too hard, so change it to make me happy ."

in Mesmer

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

If it weren’t for the fact the berserker ignores LOS I would never equip it. Staff/Scepter/Focus all the way.

The only time I equip the Greatsword is to abuse the fact it’s phantasm ignore’s line of sight. If they nerfed that, I’d never equip a greatsword again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

If something is hitting you and hurting, whether its from a source that has LoS or not, you should double tap a key to evade, or maybe use a defensive skill if one is available.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Norseman.4280

Norseman.4280

Really people complain about this? Tossing a zerk up on a wall is an annoyance at best. And if people can’t figure out that they should get out of the way or kill the thing during the HUGE delays between attacks, they might want to question their strategy.

When I am the one up on a wall, I’m much more likely to be bugged by all the aoe from Ele’s, Necro’s and ranger volleys. Zerkers are rare but when they show up, I kill it. /shrug.

Probably those burst glass cannon theives complaining about it :P

Jade Quarry. [Nord] [OMFG]

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

@MrMac did you even read the thread or ever play a mesmer?

You can have all the traits in the world and be the leetest player in existance. But it doesn’t make an ounce of difference if they’re on top of a wall raining AoE on you and you’re down below with no LoS. Very few classes are so completely disabled by standing on a tall object; and WvW has a LOT of tall objects

@Norse: Yeah it’s weird and doesn’t make any sense to me but the sheer number of guys I manage to down with iZerker is bewildering xD – either people are really glassy or don’t keep an eye on their health bar.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

iZerker doesn’t need touching, at all! It works how I imagine it was designed to work.
Its an illusion created in the mind of the user, why would it need a LOS? You’re not spawning a clone that has to run anywhere, you’re creating an illusion… at a set point that your thinking of … regardless of where that point may be. (Just like portals, why would you need LOS on tele’ing through portals)

No other class gets complained at that their AOE skills can hit tops of keeps etc, people just accept that Rangers can rain down arrows on you, Eles can drop storms on you etc, why ruin the iZerker when other classes essentially aren’t targeting any specific players. If they want to change it they should just make it a ground targeted AOE like other classes so we can drop it into a crowd like others do and let it spin in circles in a set radius (Which would probably make it more powerful and useful for us anyway).
Right now it relies on having an actual player targeted just to be able to use the skill, rangers/ele’s etc don’t have that same issue. (I use those two as main examples of a “caster” class even though others do have rangers AOEs)

I find it highly amusing when I throw a Zerker at someone and it smashes half of their life away in a crit and they just stand there and let it keep doing it lol. My first reaction when I get one summoned on me is to kill it, whether I’m on top of a keep or at the door trying to get in, I know what its capable of, why let it do any more than 1 attack when its so easy to kill! (again, you can kill it, where as you can’t really stop arrows pounding you in anyway other than moving away from the red circle of doom that’s raining arrows down on you!)

People are always asking to nerf anything that makes a Mesmer, well, a Mesmer!
Lets face it, phantasms are our only real source of high sustained damage (which can be stopped easily enough with an attack or two on the phant), if it wasn’t for clones TAKING most of our damage and Phant’s DOING most of our damage, we’d be pretty screwed!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

The problem with the zerker, is all the phantasms need to ignore LOS, or none of them. Why is there a special case for berserk to ignore LOS?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Removing aoe from berserker is the worst idea I have ever heard.

About the LoS issue they can ‘fix’ that when they stop ground targeted AoEs from being able to hit the top of walls and AoEs in general being able to pass through the keep doors, or they change GS’s ground targeted attack into a good ground targeted attack.

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

About the LoS issue they can ‘fix’ that when they stop ground targeted AoEs from being able to hit the top of walls and AoEs in general being able to pass through the keep doors, or they change GS’s ground targeted attack into a good ground targeted attack.

No. They need to give all phantasms the ability to ignore LOS or remove it from the GS phantasm.

It boggles my mind this has not been addressed or explained. Why is the coding for the GS Phantasm SO different than the others. Was it an oversight? Or intended?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

Common enough with the nerfs, especially PVP nerfs. I dont even PVP and I just cant wait to see what PVP nerfs I get to endure next. Its getting old.

in Mesmer

Posted by: prodigy.1023

prodigy.1023

Face it, no matter how much ANet “fixes” mesmer it’ll never be enough for kids who can’t learn basics of PvP. They will always cry for more nerfs.

My mesmer’s story ended on 07-Oct-2012.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

yea the non stop PVP nerfest, why o why did they not separate the skills for PVP and PVE? Its why we are stuck with lackluster PVP skills in PVE.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

No. They need to give all phantasms the ability to ignore LOS or remove it from the GS phantasm.

It boggles my mind this has not been addressed or explained. Why is the coding for the GS Phantasm SO different than the others. Was it an oversight? Or intended?

Why should they remove it from Berserker just because the other Phantasms don’t have it? How does Berserker having it but the other not hurt anything?

Berserker has it because we don’t have a powerful AoE to throw up on walls like every other class. The others don’t because it would be OP if we could create a stream of illusions to run around the walls shattering and phantasming everything. Though personally I think Warden should be able to ignore LoS too.

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Why should they remove it from Berserker just because the other Phantasms don’t have it? How does Berserker having it but the other not hurt anything?

Berserker has it because we don’t have a powerful AoE to throw up on walls like every other class. The others don’t because it would be OP if we could create a stream of illusions to run around the walls shattering and phantasming everything. Though personally I think Warden should be able to ignore LoS too.

You think it’s fine, because you probably run around full time with your Greatsword out. What about people that don’t use GS. Why should we have to also carry one with us incase we need to abuse this mechanic.

What other ability ignores LOS like that?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

What about people that don’t use GS. Why should we have to also carry one with us incase we need to abuse this mechanic.

What about rangers that don’t use the Longbow. Why should they have to carry one with them incase they need to rain down an AoE on the wall.

There are a few valid arguments why Berserker shouldn’t break LoS. This isn’t one of them considering that you should be carrying one of every weapon in some form or another.

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

What about rangers that don’t use the Longbow. Why should they have to carry one with them incase they need to rain down an AoE on the wall.

What about mesmer that don’t use the greatsword. Why should they have to carry one with them incase they need to rain iZerkers on the wall.

Your arguement is invalid.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

We have one skill that can hit people on the wall. Every other profession, even thieves and warriors, have arcing ranged attacks that can hit people on walls. We do not. We have one phantasm and it’s on a fairly long cooldown, requires us to use greatsword, and gets one shotted by aoe once he’s in place.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It is probably due to how the Phantasm attacks.
It doesn’t actually spawn at the target, but a bit away (in a random direction) and then whirls through the target.

As a result of this, the Mesmer should not be required to have LoS to the Phantasm’s spawnspot, since then it’d be impossible to use in many many situations.

Ofc the flipside is that this allows to spawn it on enemies not in actual LoS, since there is no skill which needs to connect.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

You think it’s fine, because you probably run around full time with your Greatsword out. What about people that don’t use GS. Why should we have to also carry one with us incase we need to abuse this mechanic.

What other ability ignores LOS like that?

Yeah, if Rangers and Warriors want to attack the top of keep walls with AoE they have to use longbows, If eles and Necros do they have to use staff, Guardians have to use scepter, theifs have to use shortbow and Engineers ahve to use granade kit.

In short all classes have one long range AoE weapon that they have to use if they want to attack the top of walls.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

What about mesmer that don’t use the greatsword. Why should they have to carry one with them incase they need to rain iZerkers on the wall.

Your arguement is invalid.

more like everyone has to carry around multiple weapon sets to best suit the situation they find themselves in, its like the game was designed around that idea.

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Speaking of LOS issues, don’t you just love GS#5 inability to be effective on inclines.

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

You people are all forgetting the Chaos Storm. It alreayd can be placed on walls. We already have a staff aoe skill. Sure the Chaos Storm could be larger in area, but the greatsword phantasm is NOT the answer.

You already have the ability to hit the top of walls. Still no valid reason GS should avoid LOS.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

chaos storm? the 35sec cd with small area targeting and insanelously low dmg the paralyzed idiots need to stand in the Very very small cricle in 3seconds to get some conditions on them wont even work on sieges

Is GS Berserker really that OP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Is GS Berserker really that OP?

Yes.

Solution?
Replace its Whirlwind attack with Bladetrail and make it spawn next to the mesmer.
Still aoe, still snares, but no Los-ignoring exploit.

(edited by Prelude.3817)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

So every class should have a powerful AoE to throw up on walls apart from Mesmer where doing functionally the same thing is considered exploiting?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

I’d rather have that than Mesmer being the only class able to ignore the basic game mechanic that is los.
Cause this affects much more than attacking keeps in WvW…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

prelude is it intended has Anet confirmed that its bugged? why do you say exploit

and your solution wouldnt be accepted even if there was an Very slow dev who made a decision to change this spell

Anyone can answer if Anet confirmed something about this being bugged or not?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Prelude.3817

I’d rather have that than Mesmer being the only class able to ignore the basic game mechanic that is los.
Cause this affects much more than attacking keeps in WvW…

Read the thread, any ground targeted AoE can be used to ignore LoS. Mesmer does it slightly easier but in return that AoE can be killed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Chaos Storm is a joke for wall supress (as awesome as it is in other situations).

The no-LoS iZerker is all we have.