[Concern] Will Anet actually fix the Mirage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

bugs

in Mesmer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

What exactly is the problem. We get a powerful dodge replacement where you can use casts and aren’t vulnerable, the lack of dispalcement is made up by the buffs you get like superspeed. We also get new ambush skills and there is with axe 3 and one other skill I think the option to finally make your illusions targeting a different target. Also you can boost your clones with this trait: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Horizon Which makes your illusions make using ambushes (by gaining mirage cloak).

Also the idea of not dodging is that in PvP other enemies won’t see you dodge to further confuse your enemy. It was pretty easy in PvP to see the real Mesmer when s/he dodged.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Unless there has been some drastic, hidden changes, then no, Anet will not fix the Mirage. Our fears have come true.

“drastic” care to give an example?

On the general forums Mike O Brian said that the content has been locked down. This means that there are no further updates to the Mirage.

EDIT: Oh, you mean suggested changes? I don’t know. I’m in way too much pain to be constructive atm. All I’ve got is the clone dodge trait and the mirror on shatter trait being innate.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I dont know what you are all smoking, sure the mirrors are irrelevant and their are bugs like that axe port makes you face in the wrong direction but as a whole that spec feels awesome.

It feels like what a mesmer should have been from the beginning, a trickster, a thiefish duelist. Jaunting around and beeing bascialy a 1v1 troll is hella fun. People that cry because they lose their dodge do not realize how broken mirage cloak is in pvp.

it’s the fact that it adds nothing new for mesmers to play with besides like 2 okay-ish additions with Jaunt and the Dodge/Elusive Mind

Its not a fact its your oppinion, I play pvp most of the time and I can assure you that mirage is one of the elites in the game that has a reallyunique play style. Weaver for example has tons of additional stuff but in the end doesnt play that much different from a basic elementalist.

Just because this is your first day playing Mesmer doesn’t mean Mirage is something new to the class, an elusive duelist is how the core class was designed. Your second paragraph basically admits it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Unless there has been some drastic, hidden changes, then no, Anet will not fix the Mirage. Our fears have come true.

“drastic” care to give an example?

Complete overhaul of the mirror mechanic would certainly count as drastic at this stage. Changes to ambush attacks could be considered “drastic” as well depending on how much some of them were changed (if they were changed). But I think he meant more along the lines of rethinking the mechanic entirely, which we will not get so close to release.