Condi Chronomancer? seraph stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rolf.7408

rolf.7408

As a player who plays Mesmer, im wondering if the new stat (seraph) could work for a condi chronomancer. Using something like scepter/pistol x/sheild and going inspiration dueling and chronomancer. Im not sure that it would deal more damage than a zerker, but it would bring some healing along with it, but it would not be able to tank becuase of no thoughness.

seraph stats is condi damage and precision as majors and healing and concentraiton as minor

Any idea if this would work or not and why?

(edited by rolf.7408)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

Would be nice with a link to the stats in question. Can’t find them on the intertubes,
or you could update this page:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

The stats are condition damage and precision for major and healing power and concentration for minors.

The major problems I see with this are
1. no toughness, as you mentioned, if you are tanking
2. Duelist discipline is the main trait for condi mesmer builds in the dueling line. However, to get the most bang for your buck from this trait, you want many phantasmal duelists up. However, unfortunately what your team really needs is alacrity coming from multiple iavengers instead.
3. Many times chrono/mes is just useful for pulling mobs with their focus (which is a power weapon). If you have focus and shield, once again, there is no room for duelists.
4. Domination has the trait blurred inscriptions. This may not only be useful for distorting your team, if need be, but mainly for reducing the cool down of SoI. This brings the cool down more in line with the rest of your rotation so that you can more easily provide quickness for your team.
5. If you are using a scepter, you are giving up blurred frenzy from sword, one of the most useful skills in the game.

Anyway, thats just what I have at the top of my head at the moment for why the stats wouldn’t really be that good for chrono. From what I’m hearing, the only class that may find the stats useful are druids.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Druids looking at it too but the problem is its trying to do everything on a glass stat. If you try to put in some vita/toughness you carve into the minor stats pretty much removing the effectiveness of the stat. You could try doing runes to compensate but then you run into the problem of condition duration since the gear stat has no expertise.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HoneyBadger.5691

HoneyBadger.5691

To use Seraph stat on a mes you need dueling/inspiration/chronomancer, for Sharper Images (bleed on crit), Duelists Discipline (pistol bleed), and Illusionary Inspiration (regen from phantasms). Think x/pistol/shield, maintaining illusionary duelists.

It’s going to be a mix of bleed damage, alacrity/quickness, and regen. The viability of it will be determined by how well people can figure out how to balance these three qualities and frankly how well it can synergize with a comp. I think it can be useful depending on how much dps it can push out, while factoring in the loss of quickness over Domination, loss of alacrity over iAvengers, and how much more damage the healer can do since their burdon is lighter.

Maybe druids can make use of this stat too for higher damage output? Who knows, it’s going to take some serious tinkering and at the moment seraph stat is very expensive, needing map currency, laurels, and unbound magic just to play with it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m really not seeing the set being good for Mesmer. The condition damage and precision majors are solid, but the minor stats are pretty wonky. Boon duration is not a stat that meshes well with just about any condie build that we have, and healing power is a pretty random addition as a minor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

also neither healing or condi damaga can crit so precision is worthless

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Well, that’s obviously not true. There’s a large amount of mechanics in the game that gate condition damage application behind crit procs. Mesmer in particular has sharper images for that, so precision naturally goes with condition damage for mesmer. It’s just this particular mix that doesn’t really make sense for us.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

Well, that’s obviously not true. There’s a large amount of mechanics in the game that gate condition damage application behind crit procs. Mesmer in particular has sharper images for that, so precision naturally goes with condition damage for mesmer. It’s just this particular mix that doesn’t really make sense for us.

oh yeah for a moment i completely forgot about that, because i was thinking to use those stats for my condi healer ele, and i realized precision was a waste in that case.
i don’t play condi mesmer for a very long time now i guess

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride