Condi Shatter Mesmer, Why Inspiration?

in Mesmer

Posted by: BrokenGlass.9356

BrokenGlass.9356

Looking at a chronomancer based shatter mesmer build. Metabattle says I want inspiration after the obvious chrono/illusions.

Is the inspiration line just for the cleanse?

Why not dueling?

For that matter, why not chaos?

Help?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I’m not a great Mes, but that line has a lot of good group support traits. Cleansing, Boon Sharing, Healing, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I would think its pretty obvious.

Chrono thru IR & chronophansma is constantly spawning illusions. CS and Signet of illusions resets shatters.

Restorative illusions removed condi’s and heals every shatter.

Mental Defense spawns phantasmal defender on block. Shield has 2 blocks.

Then throw in MtD. That adds conditions to every shatter. And you have the perfect Condi bomber.

Sustain from Inspiration. Nonstop shatters and illusions from Chrono. And Condi application from illusions.

Almost every trait in that build synergies with each other.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

You can play a condi chrono with more punch using dueling instead of inspiration. But your sustain will greatly decreased. In particular, inspiration is our most reliable source of condi cleanse.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

in 1v1 situation you can take dueling or domination
inspiration is for beginners or if you play versus really good player

yes insp got sustain, mainly with condi cleanse. the heal part is about 1k per shatter and if you use 4 shatter to get 4 heal than you doing something wrong

in 1v1 dueling give blind which can give you a way to deal versus melee class like thief and warrior

so dueling is all about to use the shatter at the right time. offense when you need to strike and defense when you need to blind

through in mod and you have yourself another cc to control your enemy

the meta use insp cause it suite in every situation and also our only sustain trait line.

but its just a handicap so drop it and become better

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

As has been said – without RI and Mender’s Purity you are susceptible to counter condi burst.

It’s a stupid either/or situation – either you take Inspiration and have no problem dealing with conditions, or you don’t and you have big problems with incoming conditions…

The offensive benefits of Domimation, Duelling or even Chaos (which IMO is pretty weak at the moment) are at a big loss to sustain from Inspiration.

in Mesmer

BrokenGlass.9356

Would the chrono’s healing well (wich removes 3 condis) and sigils of generosity do the trick? (60% chance to transfer a condi on crit)

Inspiration looks cool and all, but I’m having trouble dropping dueling, that blind on shatter… confuse on blind synergy tho….

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Confuse on blind has a 10 second ICD per target. It isn’t what it used to be. Generosity also has a cooldown and who’s to say you transfer a condi that matters ?

in Mesmer

BrokenGlass.9356

I checked the wiki on the confuse on blind trait.

It has no icd for that part. There is a 10sec icd on “blind a foe you evade or block”

As for generosity: if you are constantly critting, then you are constantly transfering. The icd is 9 sec. So, that might make them a lot less good. I honestly am not sure, haven’t tried it.

Also, I haven’t tried the inspiration trait line in game yet. Been theory crafting at work today.

I just can’t imagine loosing, ‘sharper images’, blind on shatter, and confuse on interrupt from dueling.

I may try it tonight tho.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Generosity is not so good because it is not controllable – you don’t know when it will proc or what it will remove. Could be 10 stacks of bleed, could be 1 stack of vuln.

Ineptitude only loses some value since the removal of blind on chaos armour so the only effective way now is to take it with Blinding Dissipation otherwise there is a shortage of blinds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

As people have said, it’s basically because you need it for condi cleanse. Mesmer really doesn’t have a lot of good anti-condi utilities: MoR doesn’t really help much unless it’s a triple-mantra and that conflicts with Deceptive Evasion, the nerfed Null Field is too slow to act and has a long cooldown. The new Phantasmal Disenchanter is possibly the best choice, but that’s also fairly slow to act. All of these can be useful for supporting allies, but they don’t help much if you’re the one being condi-bombed. Well of Eternity is good, but you’re locking your heal into one that requires you to stay within an area, which can hurt you at times.

So to have reasonable condition protection, you need the traits. Getting heals on top is gravy.

Another consideration is that with Chronomancer and the current preferred builds generally not using pistol, the Dueling traits aren’t that important. A shatter mesmer can usually maintain a decent supply of illusions from cooldown skills, Chronophantasma, and Illusionary Reversion that you don’t need Deceptive Evasion, and with shield offhands being used instead of pistol, one of the main sources of bleed stacks through Sharper Images is gone. So Dueling has become something that would be nice to have, but it’s certainly not essential like it used to be.

If you know you’re not going to be facing too many conditions, you may be able to get away with switching – you’ll be a little glassier, but depending on situation, that may or may not be a problem.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

This is what i’m using in open world (not sure if you’re meaning for PvP)

http://tinyurl.com/jzxkug4

I’m still undecided between Dueling and Inspiration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Something I don’t think I saw anyone mention is that persisting images gives retaliation to phantasms as well as giving them more health. This means you can do some solid damage against AoE classes especially if they don’t do enough to kill them all in a hit or two. Shatter when they get low to resummon the phantasms and continue letting them whittle themselves down ready for your condi burst.