Condi WvW mesmer dead?

Condi WvW mesmer dead?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Feels like these so called “elite” specs are ruling WvW now after HoT and I am getting chopped down much faster than before. I used to be able to survive for a bit to get conditions up and running, but that just doesn’t seem like a viable playstyle anymore.

I see power burst specs and running away specs all over the place.. should I change stats and spec for WvW or is there still room for condition damage?

Condi WvW mesmer dead?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Elite specs are just something new you have to learn how to fight. You’ll be playing up to par again once you get used to them.

Condi WvW mesmer dead?

in Mesmer

Lux.6490

To answer my own question: I changed to a power spec. and found life much easier. The rabid armor goes to my necromancer, who can get the same amount of kills while one hand is drinking coffee.

Condi WvW mesmer dead?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Sounds like you’re in a good place now. In case you want to try a different condi build, this is what I’ve been roaming with. It seems to work fine (I have no stealth to escape from groups).

I can solo two of the towers. The necro is brutal trying to solo with this build. Haven’t tried the fourth one.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBlphVoBGqBEgilnj6sACgDreQP0FFdxynGA-TFyCABA8AAoa/BA1H4p6PTcKASUJYWK/k4IAEAABYmlZZOzAH9oH9oH9oNzZe0Ze0ZWIgFrBA-w

Condi WvW mesmer dead?

in Mesmer

Lux.6490

Sounds like you’re in a good place now. In case you want to try a different condi build, this is what I’ve been roaming with. It seems to work fine (I have no stealth to escape from groups).

I can solo two of the towers. The necro is brutal trying to solo with this build. Haven’t tried the fourth one.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBlphVoBGqBEgilnj6sACgDreQP0FFdxynGA-TFyCABA8AAoa/BA1H4p6PTcKASUJYWK/k4IAEAABYmlZZOzAH9oH9oH9oNzZe0Ze0ZWIgFrBA-w

This looks interesting. Certainly different from what I’ve been playing. Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a try!

Condi WvW mesmer dead?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

I first tried condi shatter with chronomancer, but in the end I felt chrono was only adding a thing here and there to the whole build, so I stayed with the typical Sc/T-Staff duels/chaos/illusions, but modifying some traits and going nearly full rabid (Confusing Images dealing nealy 3k with crits and iWarlock +2000).
Won 3 2vs1 (twice against same war+guard and once ranger+thief), melt a revenant and won quite easily against a P/P thief and a reaper.

I feel people have forget completely about conditions (both offensively and defensively) and that’s the best opportunity for traditional condi shatter builds.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz