Condi mesmer for WvW roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Hi folks – longtime no posting in this forum for me – I’ve been experimenting with other professions for a few months.

I was wondering if anyone has tried out something like this for roaming in WvW.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7flsnhG1YZawANwtGLvGk5KG+IOLSQSOaAy5RA-T1RHABVs/QAXEA30Nwo6P3pEEgnAwRK/CAgA4oH9oH9oHtZOzjOzjOzCBsYNA-w

The signet seems like I should have swiftness at least 50% of the time, so swapping in focus every now and then should probably give me enough mobility.

Would love any feedback – thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Hi folks – longtime no posting in this forum for me – I’ve been experimenting with other professions for a few months.

I was wondering if anyone has tried out something like this for roaming in WvW.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7flsnhG1YZawANwtGLvGk5KG+IOLSQSOaAy5RA-T1RHABVs/QAXEA30Nwo6P3pEEgnAwRK/CAgA4oH9oH9oHtZOzjOzjOzCBsYNA-w

The signet seems like I should have swiftness at least 50% of the time, so swapping in focus every now and then should probably give me enough mobility.

Would love any feedback – thx!

Not going to comment on the build as a whole since I’m to tired to look through everything. I will comment though on the signet swiftness.

It’s more or less useless and/or anoying to slot. Since our focus 4 does not stack on top of swiftness boon you end up with 1 of 2 situations when the signet swiftness goes off:

A.) you have no swiftness and get 5 seconds of swiftness -> you can now not use your focus 4 and have to wait the swiftness boon out

B.) you’ve just used focus 4 for swiftness and the signet procs and adds 5 seconds on top of this. You are now left with waiting until you x+5 seconds of swiftness expire until you can reapply focus 4

In total I’ve found the signet to be more hassle than worth, but maybe I’m just missing something. This could easily be fixed if they made our focus 4 always add swiftness at least 1nce.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

I like using the signet with inspiration as a trait line. When summoning a phantasm you share your boons. So along with 50 percent up time on swiftness you get another boon to share to your group.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx for the feedback. When I played a phantasm roamer, I used travelers runes.

But it’s so nice to have other rune choices

I thought the signet of inspiration was interesting because it also synergizes with the chaos trait that gives longer condi and boon duration for each boon you have.

Is anyone trying condi builds as roamers in WvW? I have only fought a couple mesmers since the update, but they seem mostly power/interrupt focused.