Condition Chrono Build!

Condition Chrono Build!

in Mesmer

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I been playing around with this build, it’s pretty fun. I would like some feedback on the build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8PnknBVohlpBEgilXjysDmhaqeYP2lFNAypmA-TZhHABdXGAgnAgAHEgAuAAiv/AA

Weapon
Staff – I pick staff because it’s a decent condi weap, clones generator, protection from chaos armor, and CC.
Sword – IMO, sword is just better than scepter, not in condition side, but it’s a good mix between offensive and defensive weapon.
Torch- extra survivability, and burning.

Utility
Signet of Midnight- MUST HAVE SKILL It’s just there for the extra +20% condition duration. I usually don’t pop it unless i have no other way of breaking out stun. It’s a stun-breaker.
Blink- Very standard skill, mobility, and stun-breaker.
X – You have couple of choice here, you can Decoy for stealth and stun-breaker, or Portal for team mobility.

Combo

1. Start in sword/torch- Torch#5>Sword#3>Swap>Mind Wrack>Weapon swap>Staff#2>Cry of Frustration.
  2. Start with staff- Staff#2>Staff#3>F5>Staff#4>Staff#5>Gravity Well while shatter all your F1-F4 if available>When F5 ends, repeat the combo ( High pressure combo) You should about 15s of protection, couple stack of stability and aoe boons for your allies.

(edited by geekilo.8512)

Condition Chrono Build!

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Its signet of midnight, not illusion fyi,

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Condition Chrono Build!

in Mesmer

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Oops i kitten lol, fixed

Condition Chrono Build!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Good to see another Sword/Torch + Staff condition build.

Interesting choice of Viper and using Chaos to shore up the glassiness, although don’t you melt instantly to incoming conditions if making one wrong move, especially with those necros/revs running around?

Personally if not taking Inspiration I almost always take Mantra of Resolve (in addition to The Pledge) which is a lifesaver in bad situations (entangle, necro throws your conditions back at you, etc…).

I also prefer to run with Duelling because between DE, IR and Cp I can do big burst condi application through chain shatters eg, staff 2+3 -> dodge + any shatter -> dodge + any shatter -> swap weapon, ileap (swap) -> dodge + any shatter. That’s back to back 3×4 so 12 torment + a lot of confusion with blurred frenzy and prestige up and ready to disappear after unloading that. Of course, this can be initiated with F5, although it reduces to -1 illusion shatters because Cp runs out and dodges run out, but there is still time to summon an iMage before doing the whole thing again when out of F5.

But on the flipside I have a very big disadvantage running Rabid (and Undead runes for max intensity burst) against all the DS eles – though I can accept ignoring one enemy in order to be more survivable against all the others.

I can’t post the build because on a phone, but it’s Duelling/Illusions/Chrono (blinding dissipation + DE, the pledge + mtd + Ineptitude, TCU + IR + Cp), Blink/MoR/Decoy/MI/EtherFeast, sw/t + staff with double energy/doom sigils, rabid + undead runes.

(edited by Curunen.8729)