Condition equip?

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I am quite sure I will play condi spec in PoF. It will be actual first for me as I have spend 5 years (on and off) in GW2 exclusively in zerker power equip…
As for now I have two possible favorites for my main char:
- Mirage….. if AN implement(ed) quite a lot of changes from beta weekend
- Scourge …. if AN did NOT nerfed it too much from beta weekend
- also have War and Revenant, but neither of them is appealing me much for now.

So I will need to get/convert my equip for condi play – and I am not sure what is better Viper or Sinister? Or combination? Or waiting for possible new stat combination available in PoF?

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

A new stat combo will be available in PoF called Grieving, it has condi and power as major stats and precision and ferocity as minor, it’s the best of both worlds when it comes to dmg.

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I do not think condi and power as major stats and precision and ferocity as minor are best stats for condi builds? Expertise (expertise is AFAIK much more important then ferocity?).

What I am not really sure about is balancing crit chance and condi duration….

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Definately not a good idea to change change stats on current equipment with the next expansion not even 4 weeks away.

If grieving or any other new stat combo will outperform viper for pve golem test will have to decide. Still, unless you absolute have to change stats (which you don’t since you want to play condi in PoF) I would wait for after the expansion releases.

If you want to mess around as condi now, get some cheap exotic rabid/dire gear and condi away. Unless you are swimming in gold and don’t care.

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

I do not think condi and power as major stats and precision and ferocity as minor are best stats for condi builds? Expertise (expertise is AFAIK much more important then ferocity?).

What I am not really sure about is balancing crit chance and condi duration….

And you are correct. We aren’t like the rest of the better damaging professions and Mesmers are more of a Condition/Suppport/Utility class. So when it comes to build you don’t really need the ferocity unless you want to go full power but Mirage having tested it on all beta weekends and stress tests would be more ideal ran as condition.

Obviously we have a variety of Mesmer players out there who play differently so you can build however YOU see fit.

I myself run Full Viper Weapons & Gear. Then Sinister trinkets and runes of perplexity. IF they change Mirage Mirrors, ambushes, Cloak etc… then maybe I’ll take time of the adventurer. Scep/Torb/Sw in PvE and WvW and I’m pretty much able to hold my own.

Good luck!

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

I feel like Mirage benefits equally from both power and condi, in general PvE I think Grieving will be the go to stat combo, just like Berserker is now.

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

That’s why I run Vipers & Sinister because they have power, condition, precision and expertise stats…

Condition equip?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Grieving should be directly better than sinister, but it’ll be a tossup with viper that depends on the amount of innate condition duration the class gets. Mirage will get a free 20% at least, but I’m not sure where the breakpoint will be for amounts of griever vs viper.