Confounding Suggestions & Dazzling

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Q:

I have a question/concern about these two traits. So generally, If I were to daze someone I would stun them instead. Does that mean I wouldn’t get the vulnerability from dazzling? That would suck! Should dazzling also proc on stuns?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

A:

Both traits work “on daze” which means they are both triggered in the moment you try to daze a target.

Daze→Stun & Vulnerability

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Good question. But I guess it will still work… well I hope so at least^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: aarias.4016

aarias.4016

Does anyone know for sure that this trait is working as intended? Currently the target player is both dazed and stunned, making it so they literally can’t do anything. Can’t use a stun break due to the daze, and can’t run/dodge due to the stun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Does anyone know for sure that this trait is working as intended? Currently the target player is both dazed and stunned, making it so they literally can’t do anything. Can’t use a stun break due to the daze, and can’t run/dodge due to the stun.

I really have no idea how this bit of misinformation gets propagated. Anyone who has ever actually pvped with their eyes open can tell you that dazes are broken by stunbreakers just like stuns.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Daze → Stun so you won’t see the Daze effect.
Vulnerability is applied.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I really have no idea how this bit of misinformation gets propagated. Anyone who has ever actually pvped with their eyes open can tell you that dazes are broken by stunbreakers just like stuns.

ANet kind of brought this on themselves by having a control effect called “Stun” and an ability effect called “Breaks Stuns”. It does imply a connection between the two.

Cursory wiki reading will easily correct the confusion, though.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger