Confusing Combatants - Can we get a fix now?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jstew.2073

jstew.2073

I have been playing mesmer since release, but have yet to actually post on the forums. Thought I would start with a simple request:

Please either update Confusing Combatants description or fix it to work properly.

To my knowledge, Confusing Combatants still only procs on clone death, despite the tool-tip reading that it procs for “illusions” which includes phantasms. 25 points into Dueling is not a trivial expenditure. Certainly with the confusion nerf in WvW, something facing sPvP for some months now, does not really make this over-powered now. I do not really think it would have been over-powered to start with, but no use splitting dead hairs.

I can formulate some rationale for why it might not have been applied to phantasms. A phant build that gives phantasms retaliation and upon death confusion makes it pretty punishing to mele classes who smash the phantasms (range classes or attacks would be outside of the small aoe radius for actually receiving the confusion). However, now retaliation and confusion both have a 50% nerf.

With confusing combatants and retaliation, phantasms can deal 50% less retaliation damage as wel as 50% less damage with any confusion it may apply.

As such, I urge the skill to be update to correctly proc on phantasm death. Or, concede that we will never get that bug fix and update the tool-tip.

I guess I will leave it here for the community to agree or disagree.

Cheers
~ Shimi ~

Shimizu Amaya, Mesmer
Blackgate, [RISE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

I’ve repeatedly posted this in the bug section. This actually started happening after the halloween patch and since then has stopped working. It used to be just fine. I think it was just a ninja patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

My money is on a tooltip error, not a skill error. Every other ‘on death’ trait is only for clones. Confusing combatants most likely was just a mistake in the description.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

My money is on a tooltip error, not a skill error. Every other ‘on death’ trait is only for clones. Confusing combatants most likely was just a mistake in the description.

I’m pretty sure this ^ is correct. With a dodge clone spec it’s not really a issue if phant’s don’t proc it imo. I mean, you’re in the crit tree anyways.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jstew.2073

jstew.2073

I’ve repeatedly posted this in the bug section. This actually started happening after the halloween patch and since then has stopped working. It used to be just fine. I think it was just a ninja patch.

I have probably seen your posts before. Since the devs have openly advertised that they are now making more of an effort to fix tool-tips, I just want to put pressure on this for a resolution.

I’m pretty sure this ^ is correct. With a dodge clone spec it’s not really a issue if phant’s don’t proc it imo. I mean, you’re in the crit tree anyways.

I tend to side more with you all, and am not holding my breath. However, Confusing Combatants is the only “on-death” trait within the grandmaster tiers, so I would like to believe that it could be an exception.

The one thing I don’t agree with is it not being an issue if phants do not proc it. While many of my phant builds ultimately do pick up clone on dodge, not all of them do. For example, Sword Training, Pistol Training, and Phantasmal fury are all great traits for a sword / pistol and something else phant build. On many of my phantasm builds, it would help mitigate the nerf to retaliation if they also had a chance to apply confusion upon their death. I would definitely notice the benefit of it procing on phantasms.

But, right now, I would just like an accurate tool-tip. I am obviously advocating for it to be considered a bug-fix and implemented, but moreover, limbo land of wondering which it actually will end up being is more nail-bitting.

Shimizu Amaya, Mesmer
Blackgate, [RISE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

I agree my fellow mesmer guildmate, with those traits working fine and if confusion and retaliation wasn’t nerfed, that would be great as phantasms have some thorns, so enemys cant crush them with a couple swings.
It seems pointless now since its not fixed still, and the retaliation and confusion is ruined too.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

A more pressing concern is for conditions inflicted by Illusions to be affected by +condition duration. 3s of Confusion from Confusing Combatants with no way to increase it just isn’t that useful.

The same problem applies to all other Clone death conditions and Clone attack conditions, as well as boons provided by Illusions…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I agree something needs to be done with it, either increasing the confusion duration, increasing the number of stacks, making it proc on phantasm death, or something else…

It’s nice to spend that extra 5 points if you’re playing an “on-death” trait build (because generally you’d be going for DE anyway), but at the moment it is the most useless grandmaster trait available.