Consusion build - any good?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

What do you think about this build for WvWvW?
It’s for roaming around alone as well as for running with a group.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

personally i find confusion to be very meh especially since all the nerfs it has gotten.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Doesn’t it do good damage any more?
Personally I find survival very difficult with my thief when she got confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Hi.

Confusion atm in not a core dmg stat like it was in shatter condi bursts or glamour times. Sens the nerf its more a bonus dmg like sugger on the cake. The current core condi dmg specs with a staff I would say do ~60% dmg from bleed and burning, 20% from power and 20% crom other sources (torment, poison, confusion etc)

PS This is my opinon and personal experience, sure some ppl have other thoughts and calculations, I can only answer for what I personaly think/experience.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

About your spec, sorry to say so but you need to rework some things on it. answer this questions first and I can try help.

1: you want condition, power or hybrid to be your dmg?
2: You want phntasm, clone spammer or shatter spec?
3: You want to do wvwvw,spvp or pve with your spec?
4: You play stealth,mobility, group or passive defense to survive?

I help you but need to know this first mate. Atm your spec need alot of fixing to make sens.

/Osicat

PS If you rather PM me to get help than make a official post send me a FORUM PM. I have a moment every morning when I answer PM,s mails and q/a etc.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Hi.

Confusion atm in not a core dmg stat like it was in shatter condi bursts or glamour times. Sens the nerf its more a bonus dmg like sugger on the cake. The current core condi dmg specs with a staff I would say do ~60% dmg from bleed and burning, 20% from power and 20% crom other sources (torment, poison, confusion etc)

PS This is my opinon and personal experience, sure some ppl have other thoughts and calculations, I can only answer for what I personaly think/experience.

/Osicat

I run with a Greatsword and Scepter+Pistol/Focus in my Condition build and my main condition is bleed as well. Staff is nice, its just to defensive for me i like all guns blazing ^^

As for the condition, yeah Confusion seems quite poor at the moment and i wouldnt advise building a spec around it, in its current state its more of a bonus condition one that you like but one that you can also live without

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

About your spec, sorry to say so but you need to rework some things on it. answer this questions first and I can try help.

1: you want condition, power or hybrid to be your dmg?
2: You want phntasm, clone spammer or shatter spec?
3: You want to do wvwvw,spvp or pve with your spec?
4: You play stealth,mobility, group or passive defense to survive?

I help you but need to know this first mate. Atm your spec need alot of fixing to make sens.

/Osicat

PS If you rather PM me to get help than make a official post send me a FORUM PM. I have a moment every morning when I answer PM,s mails and q/a etc.

THIS. Once you know HOW you want to play it makes making the build easier, you can go for all of them but you will be average at all, master at none. I personally run a mix of Condition/Phantasm build myself with a nice little bit of stealth and toughness

in Mesmer

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

a pure confusion glamour build around a phantasm-mesmer is possible, but it lacks heavily of versatility. it is obvious in theory and i guess its even harder ingame.

my version was like 20/0/025/25 or 20/10/0/20/20…

thats the basic problem of the skilltree. lots of possible builds around an idea of playstyle and at the end evryone has to play with a handful of builds, all with same equip and weapon sets…

the traits are way too shattered and scattered, and sometimes they are so weak or u have no clue which weaponset fits best (if it fits at all…) thakittens pathetic.

i was short before opening a thread where people post their actual ideas of a PLAYSTYLE build wether its viable or good or not and add critique to it why and how the build is bad, not playable etc or, just to show anet whats possible and y its at the end not possible to spec it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Confusion glamour builds are still decent for Zerg combat. However, any and all confusion focused builds are, and have always been, absolutely worthless for small scale combat, roaming. They will only kill a bad player, and you will have massive difficulty taking down camps by yourself.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Confusion glamour builds are still decent for Zerg combat. However, any and all confusion focused builds are, and have always been, absolutely worthless for small scale combat, roaming. They will only kill a bad player, and you will have massive difficulty taking down camps by yourself.

Try kill a dolyak with confusion

Meow

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

I occasionally run full confusion with 2.2k condi dmg for fun. It used to be decent when it got x2 buffed months ago. Once the buff was reversed it became kittenty like it’s original form. If you want to play it, I would recommend you playing an asura considering it has 5 stack confusion racial skill. With that and scepter3+condi duration food you should be able to stack 10 confusion for about 7-8 seconds. However, even then you’re probably gonna do about 2k dmg per tick… which is kittenty because your enemies are most likely to use condi cure. Also, to maximize the stack, you will need a clone-generating skill and condi signet which means you will have decoy or mirror image for the first utility then asura racial and condi signet for the second and the third. You will also need scepter/torch as weapon combo. All of this setup will result in 0 mobility.

In conclusion, the current confusion damage is not enough to compensate for all the risk and trade-offs a full confusion mesmer has to take. Unless you want an unreliable 5 stacks of torment which deal a decent 7k/7k dmg, confusion build is crap.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

Not good to create a build around anymore but still useful for control and damage. Some good confusion stacks and retaliatation (i use retaliatory shield with staff-scepter/torch and PU) makes the life easier.
Confusion traits should need a rework.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Don’t bother. Not only its not viable but you’ll lose against any condi class (engi/ranger/nec). Stick with power, its all mez have now

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

The build you posted kind of looks like a half drunk glamour build since you take blind on glamour but not blinding befuddlement. Pure confusion based builds don’t do too great anymore thanks to the nerf hammer. However, condition builds are still viable (at least on small scale roaming/havoc play). Try out this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgQQNArfWlwzipXUTsGb9IhpHBH5A/kCmLdSKK9rB-j0yAIOBRaBI1Bg8AlBFEzjKrlxioxqXwUoAq1FV7VKiWtQALWDA-w

This is this build https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/BUILD-Condition-build-for-roaming-WvW/first#post2455453 but with a few shaman pieces because I wanted more raw vitality. I am doing absolutely fantastic with it right now easily solo camps and can take 1v3 with little effort.