Core Mesmer is better at attacking + evade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Forum bug is super effective!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Infact can we get into this great delusion that Anet are going to buff the numbers? It took 5 years for them to give us a decent damage % trait and we are still dead last in DPS builds, even without taking into account how our mechanics don’t mesh with PvE. We are still waiting for CD reductions, buffs to weak auto attacks and the laughable damage of the weak attacks slapped on to Phantasm summoning skills.

Dead last in dps on a golem and dead last on an actual raid isnt really the same.

True, but banking on the fact that realistic damage scenarios being in your favor versus a static and always similar test scenario is very foolish. Especially when the class you are playing has contradictory mechanics and a long windup time due to having to summon part of its damage. What’s your point?

Infact can we get into this great delusion that Anet are going to buff the numbers? It took 5 years for them to give us a decent damage % trait and we are still dead last in DPS builds, even without taking into account how our mechanics don’t mesh with PvE. We are still waiting for CD reductions, buffs to weak auto attacks and the laughable damage of the weak attacks slapped on to Phantasm summoning skills.

But something that took you 3 hours to cook you can finish in 10 minutes if you keep at it.

/s

I suppose you missed the meaning of that What im saying is that practice makes better.

No, he didn’t miss your meaning. You never talked about practice but instead are assuming arenanet are going to bring us some magical buffs which will improve the class. Guess what, if everything is fine and people are content with the crapfest of mirage as it is now, those buffs will never come.

Actually those buffs might never come regardless since arenanet are happy with mirages current state. That alone would have every semi-intelligent persons alarmbells go off.

Statement that anet is fine with current mirage? The community ahs been quite vocal about mirage’s underwhelming performance. What i dissagree with the general community on is that mirage needs tweaks and polish rather tha fundemental reworks. Also implied that its a matter of practice.

As for dps my dps isnt comming from me doing complex rotations. It comes from me summoning my phantasms at the start then aa my way to 30k. A 30k thats way easier to achieve than with power engi power thief guard ele condi dps/ps warr etc. Thats my point.

Everything is a matter of practice, that is valid for every class thus every class can be expected to improve.

Your 30k dps are clearly dps golem values and it becomes clear you’ve never actually played power mesmer in a raid, I have.

Guess what, even with a simple rotation which takes about 10 seconds to reach peak damage (which is insanely long compared to classes like elementalist or guardian who peak at the start of their rotation) we are dead last on just about every boss unless your dps are terrible players.

Sure engi has a very tough rotation, that’s bound to change with Holo. Necromancer isn’t meta for many fights too, might change with scourge. No mesmer will take damage placements from any semi decent warrior, elementalist, guardian, thief or even ranger.

Maybe actually play the classes you are commenting on first. You clearly have not played guardian, condi warrior or thief in raids.

The opener doesnt hold insane value in a raid where a boss kill can take anywhere from 2 mins to 4-5.

I have played thief and giard in raids and i have played power mesmer in fractals ( a little).

Its much easier to stay on a respectable number during stressful phases since alot of your dmg doesnt need you to be the one constandly attacking or landing ground targets.

Your dps also moves with the boss an upsaude for the lack of good aoe.

I doubt you really played raid that often . the opener matters for vg , sab , kc , xera ,whole wing 4 (except carin). and it still matters but not much for sloth and gors .

still you didn’t answer my question :
how you clean shards on xera , orb on gors etc etc with dps mesmer .
people don’t run dps mesmer for many reasons . your dps mes takes one slot then rest of your team have to make up for that lacking of aoe . it’s a huge problem for boss like xera .

power mes in fractal lol is even trashier than in raid .

And guard rotation is not much harder anyway . what’s stressful phases you can’t do higher number on DH , except that very situational matt .

Idk managing to do the rotation at a rate where you will easily get 30k+ at least to me felt harder than with playing power mesmer.

How does condi thief or condi ranger clear shards on xera orbs on gorse? They dont they let other classes to it with less trouble while they focus on dpsing the boss.

As for the ramp up time the change ori ori suggests to phantasmal force could cut down alot of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Dead last in dps on a golem and dead last on an actual raid isnt really the same.

True, but banking on the fact that realistic damage scenarios being in your favor versus a static and always similar test scenario is very foolish. Especially when the class you are playing has contradictory mechanics and a long windup time due to having to summon part of its damage. What’s your point?

But something that took you 3 hours to cook you can finish in 10 minutes if you keep at it.

/s

I suppose you missed the meaning of that What im saying is that practice makes better.

No, he didn’t miss your meaning. You never talked about practice but instead are assuming arenanet are going to bring us some magical buffs which will improve the class. Guess what, if everything is fine and people are content with the crapfest of mirage as it is now, those buffs will never come.

Actually those buffs might never come regardless since arenanet are happy with mirages current state. That alone would have every semi-intelligent persons alarmbells go off.

Statement that anet is fine with current mirage? The community ahs been quite vocal about mirage’s underwhelming performance. What i dissagree with the general community on is that mirage needs tweaks and polish rather tha fundemental reworks. Also implied that its a matter of practice.

As for dps my dps isnt comming from me doing complex rotations. It comes from me summoning my phantasms at the start then aa my way to 30k. A 30k thats way easier to achieve than with power engi power thief guard ele condi dps/ps warr etc. Thats my point.

Everything is a matter of practice, that is valid for every class thus every class can be expected to improve.

Your 30k dps are clearly dps golem values and it becomes clear you’ve never actually played power mesmer in a raid, I have.

Guess what, even with a simple rotation which takes about 10 seconds to reach peak damage (which is insanely long compared to classes like elementalist or guardian who peak at the start of their rotation) we are dead last on just about every boss unless your dps are terrible players.

Sure engi has a very tough rotation, that’s bound to change with Holo. Necromancer isn’t meta for many fights too, might change with scourge. No mesmer will take damage placements from any semi decent warrior, elementalist, guardian, thief or even ranger.

Maybe actually play the classes you are commenting on first. You clearly have not played guardian, condi warrior or thief in raids.

The opener doesnt hold insane value in a raid where a boss kill can take anywhere from 2 mins to 4-5.

I have played thief and giard in raids and i have played power mesmer in fractals ( a little).

Its much easier to stay on a respectable number during stressful phases since alot of your dmg doesnt need you to be the one constandly attacking or landing ground targets.

I doubt you really played raid that often . the opener matters for vg , sab , kc , xera ,whole wing 4 (except carin). and it still matters but not much for sloth and gors .

still you didn’t answer my question :
how you clean shards on xera , orb on gors etc etc with dps mesmer .
people don’t run dps mesmer for many reasons . your dps mes takes one slot then rest of your team have to make up for that lacking of aoe . it’s a huge problem for boss like xera .

power mes in fractal lol is even trashier than in raid .

And guard rotation is not much harder anyway . what’s stressful phases you can’t do higher number on DH , except that very situational matt .

Don’t disagree with most of your post, but in my raiding experience orbs on Gors are normally only dealt with by one or two people with AoE, like if you’re a condi ranger you just don’t touch the orbs because you’d be kitten at it, same with Hammer DH (so I’m told), so I wouldn’t use that as a reason for power mes being bad…

But other than that I agree, especially with power Mesmer fractals, the only reason it works in raid is because everything you fight is alive long enough for your phantasms to ramp up AND get summoned, but if you’ve got a PS warrior maybe it’d be alright? That’s the only way I can think of.

yeah i know , but for gors if you play mes dps , other one or two dps would have to do that job anyway . dps DH doesnt use hammer , and it has scepter which can easily help clean some orbs . usually other classes beside ele wont really do orb job , my point was if you really want to play necro , condi engi , dh etc , you could do orb just fine .when it comes to mesmer , its impossible .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Yeah I get that, and it sucks not being able to swap to orb duty if needed, it’d be nice if Mesmers had a skill (even if it were an elite) where we could force our illusions onto a different target, then we’d be fantastic at orb duty by bouncing our phantasm from orb to orb.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

/s

Right, so let me get this straight:

- power mesmer is a thing since august 8th
- guardian is a thing in raids mostly since august 8th (I did run mine 1nce or twice before that but doubt that pugs ran a lot of guardians)
- thief while having decent damage even before August 8th were usually not meta or didn’t get taken along, at least not for all 4 wings

You have been very vocal about mesmer pve on the forums for someone who basically has 0 clue of what he is talking about (even about chronomancer nerfs)… Don’t you think it might be time to first gather some experience on mesmer and other classes in an endgame enviroment before explaining to others how the class works or should be balanced?

Fyi I’m maining mesmer and warrior in raids (full clears of all wings multiple times 10+ each), have run guardian and revenant through multiple raids (guardian 3+ full clears of all wings, revenant back when wing1 was only available 10+ clears). You don’t see me harping around on the elementalist or druid boards about how their classes should get balanced do you?

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

/s

- guardian is a thing in raids mostly since august 8th (I did run mine 1nce or twice before that but doubt that pugs ran a lot of guardians)
- thief while having decent damage even before August 8th were usually not meta or didn’t get taken along, at least not for all 4 wings

You have been very vocal about mesmer pve on the forums for someone who basically has 0 clue of what he is talking about (even about chronomancer nerfs)… Don’t you think it might be time to first gather some experience on mesmer and other classes in an endgame enviroment before explaining to others how the class works or should be balanced?

Fyi I’m maining mesmer and warrior in raids (full clears of all wings multiple times 10+ each), have run guardian and revenant through multiple raids (guardian 3+ full clears of all wings, revenant back when wing1 was only available 10+ clears). You don’t see me harping around on the elementalist or druid boards about how their classes should get balanced do you?

Neither u see me talk about other classes than mesmer.

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

/s

Which you clearly have 0 experience with in endgame content by your own admission…

in Mesmer

musu.9205

/s

but you claim its so hard to get dps DH rotation done in raid.
also from your posts , we all saw you lack knowledge of fractal and raid .

in Mesmer

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

So my question stands: What do you care? No matter what is done, mirage will remain viable for open world content. It already is just like most builds and classes which have an autoattack.

I understand (and appreciate) that you are passionate about the class you play. However, I must say, that lashing out in that fashion is hardly constructive or helpful. You are absolutely right that I am not competent in discussing current balance issues of Mesmer or Mirage. This is also why I am purposively abstaining from discussing balance in any shape or form. What I said was a) I disagree with the statement that base Mesmer has better damage evades (simply because it has less evade sources and b) that I consider the Mirage design to be fun the way I play the game. I don’t know how you read “Mirage is balanced, leave it as it is” into this. Sure, I would be disappointed if ANet chooses to change this design to something less fun for balance reasons, but that is completely orthogonal to this conversation. As to balance in general: I am as interested in having balanced classes as anyone else in the games, simply for symmetry considerations. If a particular class systematically underpefrorms/overperforms (or is seen as such), the community mood becomes toxic and unhealthy, which hardly makes an enjoyable environment.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

So my question stands: What do you care? No matter what is done, mirage will remain viable for open world content. It already is just like most builds and classes which have an autoattack.

I understand (and appreciate) that you are passionate about the class you play. However, I must say, that lashing out in that fashion is hardly constructive or helpful. You are absolutely right that I am not competent in discussing current balance issues of Mesmer or Mirage. This is also why I am purposively abstaining from discussing balance in any shape or form. What I said was a) I disagree with the statement that base Mesmer has better damage evades (simply because it has less evade sources and b) that I consider the Mirage design to be fun the way I play the game. I don’t know how you read “Mirage is balanced, leave it as it is” into this. Sure, I would be disappointed if ANet chooses to change this design to something less fun for balance reasons, but that is completely orthogonal to this conversation. As to balance in general: I am as interested in having balanced classes as anyone else in the games, simply for symmetry considerations. If a particular class systematically underpefrorms/overperforms (or is seen as such), the community mood becomes toxic and unhealthy, which hardly makes an enjoyable environment.

“ that lashing out in that fashion is hardly constructive or helpful. ”
said by the person who jumped in a thread without any serious test on mirage and knowledge about mesmer but hey "i found it fun "and ignore all the hard facts other said .

much constructive and helpful lol

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

/s

Which you clearly have 0 experience with in endgame content by your own admission…

Nah i have experience with mesmer in endgame content. Prob not huge exp on the later raids but yeah.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

/s

No, i claim getting golem dps is harder with guard than it is with power dps mesmer.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

/s

No, i claim getting golem dps is harder with guard than it is with power dps mesmer.

i said it times already
it is harder but its not really that hard to do rotation in raid boss and get higher dps .
you kept skipping this point . anyway .
gw2 in general isnt that hard , DH is one of easier dps . come on

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already
it is harder but its not really that hard to do rotation in raid boss and get higher dps .

No one said gw2 is hard i just said that this build is prob 1 step from world boss aaing whereas guard is a semi proper class with a rotation.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

i said it times already

No one said gw2 is hard i just said that this build is prob 1 step from world boss aaing whereas guard is a semi proper class with a rotation.

Guard has a rotation because it has utilities worth a kitten . Mesmer autoattacks because nothing outside blurred frenzy and auto do kitten for DPS.

Mesmer utilities suck outside chrono wells.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

Guard has a rotation because it has utilities worth a kitten . Mesmer autoattacks because nothing outside blurred frenzy and auto do kitten for DPS.

Torch 4 and mantra of pain. Base mesmer has some neat utils for a variety of game modes but ye only mantra of pain can comfortaably be considered a rotation skill.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

i said it times already

answer my question do you seriously think DH rotation is that hard to pull off to get higher number than power mes ?

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

answer my question do you seriously think DH rotation is that hard to pull off to get higher number than power mes ?

I believe dh’s rotation requires more effort therefor id say its “harder” than the power msmer “rotation” in an actual raid or cm fractal scenario.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

i said it times already

I believe dh’s rotation requires more effort therefor id say its “harder” than the power msmer “rotation” in an actual raid or cm fractal scenario.

you still didnt answer my question .
its harder , but do you think normal raid players wont be able to play that rotation?
like really . how much effort ? do you ever play dh in raid ?

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

you still didnt answer my question .
its harder , but do you think normal raid players wont be able to play that rotation?
like really . how much effort ? do you ever play dh in raid ?

I answered your question i find dh to be a harder class to play than power mesmer. Can u argue with that? As for for what a normal raid player would do no i dont think this build is hard enough to be considered hard to pull off esp the new rota since the balance patch. What im saying is if someone had more chances to kitten any of the 2 rotations up that would be the dh’s by a freaking mile.

If you want me to spoon feed you to udnerstand then id say in a scale of 1to10 guard would take prob a 6 where power mesmer would take a 1 or 2.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yes I said that our mechanics don’t really work on most raid bosses, thanks for agreeing with me.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

Yes I said that our mechanics don’t really work on most raid bosses, thanks for agreeing with me.

Dismissing arguements and other ppl points like its a joke wont help you get your point across if you even have one.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Dismissing arguements and other ppl points like its a joke wont help you get your point across if you even have one.

I didn’t dismiss your argument, your argument was the same as mine. Mesmer class mechanics don’t work that well in raid boss fights.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

I didn’t dismiss your argument, your argument was the same as mine. Mesmer class mechanics don’t work that well in raid boss fights.

Then u missed my arguement.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

No I saw it.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

No I saw it.

Id argue that you cant read then but you were able to understand my previous response so ill just assume you are just picky as to what you are capable of reading and what your are not.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

No I saw it.

Id argue that you cant read then but you were able to understand my previous response so ill just assume you are just picky as to what you are capable of reading and what your are not.

I don’t know why you suddenly decided to troll my thread after we agreed on something but can you please stop going off topic.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

No I saw it.

I don’t know why you suddenly decided to troll my thread after we agreed on something but can you please stop going off topic.

Im well on topic or did you happen to not see that as well?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

i said it times already

Torch 4 and mantra of pain. Base mesmer has some neat utils for a variety of game modes but ye only mantra of pain can comfortaably be considered a rotation skill.

Torch 4 is not even used in PvE, nor is it really utility.

Mantra of pain is utter garbage, it does the damage of a single autoattack and occupies a utility slot. We just take it for lack of an actual utility.

Phantasm utilities are garbage. The signets are garbage for power builds since not a single one of them has a power relevant passive and their active effects suck (only good one is moa for breakbars, but has a humongous 180 sec cd while a revenant can do same breakbar damage on a 15 sec cd with staff).

The glamours outside feedback are bad. The mantras are pretty mediocre.

Really, the reason chrono is so dominant is because it actually gave mesmer something useful as opposed to the large list of useless crap core mesmer has.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It felt harder at first, but then I realized I don’t have boss-mods. Much of the difficulty I see in raids is “fake” difficulty, added by obfuscating information and hiding spell effects, not actual complexity and depth done with mechanics.

That’s not to say that WoW had truly difficult raids (well they had a few which were either huge gear grinds or actually complicated, true, but they were few and far between), but in contrast GW2’s are much simpler, yes.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

Nah i have experience with mesmer in endgame content. Prob not huge exp on the later raids but yeah.

The point I was trying to make, and one you might want to adapt and listen to for real life too:

- maybe gain some experience with the subject matter at hand before valiantly joining in disscussions or conversations
- or alternatively let people know that you lack experience so people know how serious to take your comments

It’s basically your choice, be a know-it-all know-nothing or actually backup what you talk about with some experience.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

Mantra of pain is utter garbage, it does the damage of a single autoattack and occupies a utility slot. We just take it for lack of an actual utility.

Phantasm utilities are garbage. The signets are garbage for power builds since not a single one of them has a power relevant passive and their active effects suck (only good one is moa for breakbars, but has a humongous 180 sec cd while a revenant can do same breakbar damage on a 15 sec cd with staff).

Really, the reason chrono is so dominant is because it actually gave mesmer something useful as opposed to the large list of useless crap core mesmer has.

Ahem regardless of what you think torch 4 and mantra of pain are both used and its a dps increase. Phantasmal disenchanter is insanely good. Soi has been a staple for chrono since launch? Portal has be useful since always etc.

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

i said it times already

Ahem regardless of what you think torch 4 and mantra of pain are both used and its a dps increase. Phantasmal disenchanter is insanely good. Soi has been a staple for chrono since launch? Portal has be useful since always etc.

Torch 4 is no dps increase in pve unless you are running a condition build which was very uncommon (and still is) for mesmers in general because our class lends itsself the most to be run as power.

MoP is trash and gets only run because we literally have no better damage utility skill (which actually says a lot about what state our utility skills are in).

Phantasmal disenchanter is the only useful utility phantasm and is so niche that it rarely gets used since our autoattack and shatters already provides enough boon strip for most situations.

SoI only became good once quickness was turned into a boon, so basically shortly before HoT was released.

Portal is basically used to skip most pve content or pressure/defend points in spvp is indeed very powerful and one of the only reasons mesmer stays in certain metas.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

Torch 4 is no dps increase in pve unless you are running a condition build which was very uncommon (and still is) for mesmers in general because our class lends itsself the most to be run as power.

MoP is trash and gets only run because we literally have no better damage utility skill (which actually says a lot about what state our utility skills are in).

Phantasmal disenchanter is the only useful utility phantasm and is so niche that it rarely gets used since our autoattack and shatters already provides enough boon strip for most situations.

SoI only became good once quickness was turned into a boon, so basically shortly before HoT was released.

Portal is basically used to skip most pve content or pressure/defend points in spvp is indeed very powerful and one of the only reasons mesmer stays in certain metas.

The Prestige is a DPS increase due to having a small power scaling and direct damage while also not having a cast time. However it is important to note that The Prestige interrupts your auto chain, which means Mesmers should be using it at the start of the chain to optimize its usage. It is however a really small DPS increase, only about 1k.

MoP isn’t really that trash by Mesmer standards… (1 additional auto per 10 seconds lmao) but yeah in comparison it’s pretty bad to other damaging utilities like Glyph of Storms, DH and ranger traps.

Phantasmal Enchanter is great but it is outclassed by Arcane Thievery when there’s a need to boonstrip (99 nightmare primarily cause of Protection). Other than that most other encounters only need autos to boonstrip.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

musu.9205

The Prestige is a DPS increase due to having a small power scaling and direct damage while also not having a cast time. However it is important to note that The Prestige interrupts your auto chain, which means Mesmers should be using it at the start of the chain to optimize its usage. It is however a really small DPS increase, only about 1k.

MoP isn’t really that trash by Mesmer standards… (1 additional auto per 10 seconds lmao) but yeah in comparison it’s pretty bad to other damaging utilities like Glyph of Storms, DH and ranger traps.

Phantasmal Enchanter is great but it is outclassed by Arcane Thievery when there’s a need to boonstrip (99 nightmare primarily cause of Protection). Other than that most other encounters only need autos to boonstrip.

well i can accept no dmg utilities , but we need a power passive signet , maybe moa signet

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

You are comparing Torch to an empty offhand, in reality though you give up either using focus, sword, pistol or shield (in case of chrono). Sword is a far higher dps increase than Torch for power, focus brings a ton of more utility and the phantasm does more damage if positioned correctly (while the focus pull arguably allows for all the other attacks hit multiple enemys better). Not even going to compare Torch to shield, shield deletes Torch as far as utility and offhand uses goes for any game mode.

Everything else I can agree with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

Just pointing out that it is a dps increase but it’s really small. Just want to clear that out.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

you didnt really prove me wrong that we dont have any usefull utils. Sure not jeraly enough but we have some. And torch 4 is a dps increase it havw no cast time and the only downside isnthat you need to press aa right after u cast because it interupts it

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

personally prefer disenchater because it doesthe job for me i can put it help me on illusion generation and just leave it there do its thung.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

You are comparing Torch to an empty offhand, in reality though you give up either using focus, sword, pistol or shield (in case of chrono). Sword is a far higher dps increase than Torch for power, focus brings a ton of more utility and the phantasm does more damage if positioned correctly (while the focus pull arguably allows for all the other attacks hit multiple enemys better). Not even going to compare Torch to shield, shield deletes Torch as far as utility and offhand uses goes for any game mode.

Everything else I can agree with.

I dought sword 4 could even be a dps increase bigger than torch’s. the groups i played with we always have 2 chronos regardless so 1 of them picks up focus most of the time. Surely i could pick it up but somce already have the 2 support bots might as well have them pick it themselves.

Chrono dps sure u also use can use camality well as well for a second dps util and if the changes ori suggest are made i can see dps chrono replacing dps mesmer.

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

i said it times already

you didnt really prove me wrong that we dont have any usefull utils. Sure not jeraly enough but we have some. And torch 4 is a dps increase it havw no cast time and the only downside isnthat you need to press aa right after u cast because it interupts it

I never tried to prove mesmer has no useful utilities. I stated that mesmer has no useful power damage utilities. More proof? Our power damage build uses 2 signets which increase condition damage.

Torch requires you to drop another offhand and as such is useless. Any other offhand we have provides more utility and situational advantage over the minor dps increase that is Torch 4.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

I never tried to prove mesmer has no useful utilities. I stated that mesmer has no useful power damage utilities. More proof? Our power damage build uses 2 signets which increase condition damage.

Torch requires you to drop another offhand and as such is useless. Any other offhand we have provides more utility and situational advantage over the minor dps increase that is Torch 4.

If another mesmer in the group runs focus then why should youdo as well? The raid dont have near enough adds spawning all the time to justify it.

Nor adds are so importand that you would sacrifice dps on boss for the promise that this will cleave well.

Even tho any other class can passively cleave down the adds without sacrificing their numbers.

Torch isnt useless because it requires a slot u have the afk slot being your sword off hand for the phantams and the the other off hand being torch for the extra dmg as soon as you are dine with the phantasms.

Since you got chronos why not have them use it?

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

i said it times already

If another mesmer in the group runs focus then why should youdo as well? The raid dont have near enough adds spawning all the time to justify it.

Nor adds are so importand that you would sacrifice dps on boss for the promise that this will cleave well.

Even tho any other class can passively cleave down the adds without sacrificing their numbers.

Torch isnt useless because it requires a slot u have the afk slot being your sword off hand for the phantams and the the other off hand being torch for the extra dmg as soon as you are dine with the phantasms.

First off, yes IF:

- you are running power mesmer and you have 2 chronos already in group (which is already no optimal setup and happens in like 1% of raids if at all)

- and you don’t want to help your chronos so they have an easier time doing their rotation to provide 100% buff uptime (which they also need good enough to actually do) This part alone would eat up any damage bonus your raid sees from you using Torch 4 unless your mesmers are that good (which I doubt they will be if they are running in a raid with a power mesmer).

- and you never have to shatter or resummon phantasms (otherwise focus 5 into sword would be better)

- with long enough damage phases to take advantage of Torch 4s minor damage increase

Then yes, Torch 4 might be useful. What a completely bullkitten scenario to only run Torch. You got me there.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

First off, yes IF:

- you are running power mesmer and you have 2 chronos already in group (which is already no optimal setup and happens in like 1% of raids if at all)

- and you don’t want to help your chronos so they have an easier time doing their rotation to provide 100% buff uptime (which they also need good enough to actually do)

- and you never have to shatter or resummon phantasms (otherwise focus 5 into sword would be better)

- with long enough damage phases to take advantage of Torch 4s minor damage increase

Then yes, Torch 4 might be useful. What a completely bullkitten scenario to only run Torch. You got me there.

1% of the groups run 2 chronos now days? Oh wow, didnt know that.

“optimal groups” lmao why would i opt for optimal runs with friends who just want a secure a fast kill (not record breaking clears just casual smooth runs). Esp why would i opt for optimal run in such joke of content that some encounters are.

Surely i could help a chrono have an easier time but we only need usually 1 chrono to use the focus or even have a guard cast gs5 on the adds.

Torch is a dps increase regardless of leinght because the other alternatives dont offer anything that could increase your dps.

If the fight had so many situations where my illusions get demolished then i would go for pistol prob as the dps in not stick to the same format as getting the phantasms out is not the slowest process. At least the 2 first.

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

i said it times already

First off, yes IF:

- and you don’t want to help your chronos so they have an easier time doing their rotation to provide 100% buff uptime (which they also need good enough to actually do)

That’s not what I wrote, read again.

EDITE: because some people are just not worth the infraction.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

i said it times already

First off, yes IF:

That’s not what I wrote, read again.

EDITE: because some people are just not worth the infraction.

Awww im deff worth it