Could I get an opinion on this build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhEQNAs6cl0npGtFpxUNUrNSpxgyzmj0LEwGlskyB-TRRBwA3U/RqyPa6FcYGAgpHA-e

The above is what I’ve got on my Mesmer right now.
Zerker armor, Assassin Weaponry and Rings.

Heard stacking Mantra’s were good so I picked some traits that benefited the stats of my armor and the mantra stacking, but to be honest I have no idea what I am supposed to do with this so I just picked other traits that would benefit phantasms… The current build feels scattered and lacking focus, and to put it bluntly… I am walking blind, and I need directions. Playing mostly PvE for now, planning to find a guild and join WvW eventually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

The traits you chose are actually pretty good. But you want III, VI, XI in Domination, II and IV in Dueling, and III and X in illusions. Additionally, it’s ideal in dungeons to not bother with greatsword— sword/sword and sword/focus are the preferred sets (with sword/pistol instead of focus when you don’t need pulls or AoE or reflections).

I have many more details for builds in my sig (which is also a sticky at the top of the forum). Again, this is mostly focused on Dungeons, but it’s applicable to all of PvE (though you can use GS if you’re lazy in open world).

Enjoy and good luck~ WvW builds will be very different than this, and I"ll let others comment.

in Mesmer

TwiceDead.1963

I read through your entire guide and it has certainly put my previously scattered perspectives into a much narrower focus.

In other words it was just what I needed. Thank you so much!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Crits are good, powers a little low. I’d take Halting Strikes instead of crippling dissipation, or even Empowered Illusions, and really get those interrupt crits going.

in Mesmer

TwiceDead.1963

Crits are good, powers a little low. I’d take Halting Strikes instead of crippling dissipation, or even Empowered Illusions, and really get those interrupt crits going.

What would you consider good power/crit-rate&damage values?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh this is for PvE, I retract my statement.

Killing NPC’s is worse than watching paint dry

in Mesmer

TwiceDead.1963

I have intentions to try out WvW sooner rather than later, so I am still interested in what you’d regard as good power/crit values.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Pressing 1 in braindead zergs and going afk on points in bunker builds isn’t that interesting either.

Let’s try not to bring in the unsubtle jabs towards other game modes, shall we?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Pressing 1 in braindead zergs and going afk on points in bunker builds isn’t that interesting either.

Let’s try not to bring in the unsubtle jabs towards other game modes, shall we?

I have no qualms with you calling it how it is.