Could I get feedback on this build

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I was messing around with the build editor since I am debating between Sigil of Concentration or making Commanders gear, I know it would lower my personal dos but would this be viable as an all around build for all game modes?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+cncfCFohlfC+fCUrhlnj6sACgEDdC+gHr+PT0FF-TBCBQBnRJIWUeUGlYAc/h8oXAAnAgA8AAQo6PiCAwA-e

Any insights will be appreciated, still trying to learn the ins and out of the new Chronomancer and where we sit in the world.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

For open world the boon duration is not needed, for 5 man party the boon duration is not needed (u can keep perma quickness without it on 5 ppl) as well.
Id suggest to swap to zerk for open world and 5 man content.
For 5 man content the SoI is not needed, Id suggest to swap for Well of Calamity or other utility like Feedback/Null Field, Portal when needed. Swap off hand sword for focus while clearing trash. Focus is also better on most fractal bosses due to reflects from inspiration (combined with fire fields it does high amount of damage via burning as well).
For open world Id suggest to swap SoI for Blink.

For raids the boon duration from commanders is needed if you are the tank or your tank can manage the toughness.
Id sugges to swap Illusionary Inspiration for Mental Defense in Inspiration for raid, the retaliation combined with the dmg it soaks does prety respectable damage in combination with providing more survivability to your raid party. Also it has awesome synergy with traits like Persistence of Memory and Chronophantasma.

Chronomancer runes are the best ones for all the game modes (except pvp) in my opinion.

Primarilly focus on keeping perma alacrity on your allies in all game modes – easily managable in 5 man content, really hard in raids.

Id also sugges to use Persistence of Memory instead Compounding Powder in Illusions, it has much better synergy with Chronophantasma and the build overall.

The build is ok, I personally am running it as well with the changes I mentioned.
I swap inspiration for domination for lower fractals where I dont use focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I have two sets of light armor I share between my Necro/Ele/Mes.
Vipers- Fun/High level fractals
Commanders- Places Condi sucks/Tanking in Raids

You could definitely get away with just making a commander’s set, especially if you have other professions geared for raw DPS. Outside of High level fractals and raids, nothing is really challenging enough that min/max armor really matters.

Edit: Something to keep in mind… We have a huge balance update coming up. Personally, I would hold off on crafting a set of Commanders gear till we see what they do with Mesmer.

(edited by Mikkel.8427)

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Right now I have my Assassins that I was thinking of converting but I will hold off till after the patch, to see.

in Mesmer

Jacob.4280

Keep your assasssins till u get the expansion.
The difference to berserkers is minimal till u get to chrono wells. Then it boosts the raw power of well dmg.
Assassins still better for reflecting, same as before HoT.

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

I have the expansion, I was just looking into something a little different to acquire the 30% boon duration without lowering my personal dps too much, and trying to avoid 160g sink into a single Sigil.

in Mesmer

Jacob.4280

I personally dont have the sigil neither commanders gear.
Im using boonduration food and chronomancer runes.
As long as Im able to keep perma quickness and alacrity on 5 man party without using SoI everybody is ok with that.
The SoI finds its use in raids, where I use it mostly to spread quickness on more ppl than just the 5 Im in party with. Using positioning to manage that.

(edited by Jacob.4280)

in Mesmer

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yeah in 5 man content I have no issues with this I use SoI for I don’t get to group with my Guildies,but I am trying to get into raiding now as well.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

For boon duration food, I’d recommend “Chocolate Omnomberry Cake” over “Spring Roll”, both have the same boon duration but the cake is half the price.