Couple of noob questions!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crabsy.8637

Crabsy.8637

I apologize if the answers to these are in my face and I’m not seeing the but I figure I’d ask!

So I played GW2 at launch for about a month and I want to play again a lot. I never rolled a Mesmer but I love ranged more than melee. I consider myself a more “hardcore” PvE’er than PvP.

- are Mesmers still considered the class that kites 100% of the time or else you die?

- is great sword viable for end game fractals or explorables?

- is there a preferred gear stat set I should look for for dungeons/soloing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: samski.5194

samski.5194

In PvE Mesmers seem to be better when they kite but I am mainly a WvW player.

I have started trying my hand at PvE and usually use Greatsword.

I preffer Berserker gear when soloing dungeons but Rabid gear can work….

Soloing AC Story

Soloing Queen Spider with zerker gear in Explorable AC

Soloing Queen Spider with Rabid gear in Explorable AC

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

1. Kiting or not completely depends on your build. All builds involve elements of damage avoidance, and whether you achieve that through dodges, kiting, active defense, or passive defense is completely dependent on what build you are running.

2. In PvE, a mesmer should be carrying every single weapon except scepter and torch, which are pretty useless. Greatsword is optimal in some situations and worse in others.

3. For dungeons and soloing, a mix of zerkerish stats combined with a touch of defense generally works best.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crabsy.8637

Crabsy.8637

Greatly appreciate the tips thank you! I think I may worry about multiple weapon sets as I start to do normal dungeons around level 30, just having so much fun with greatsword right now